Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Suggestion  Bhop Mode Vote?
(Jan 11 2018, 07:59 AM)QueenCrazy Wrote: Feels unfair for a lot of players in my opinion :\ trust me I love to bhop but a lot of other players do not.

Same could be said about ff tho, right?  I think it would be fun to have an option to vote to turn sv_enablebhop 1
(Jan 15 2018, 05:22 AM)woKe Wrote:
(Jan 11 2018, 07:59 AM)QueenCrazy Wrote: Feels unfair for a lot of players in my opinion :\ trust me I love to bhop but a lot of other players do not.

Same could be said about ff tho, right?  I think it would be fun to have an option to vote to turn sv_enablebhop 1

On ff everybody can shoot eachother and not everybody can bhop like you see how well we work together just voting for a map. We all choose a map then all of sudden 5 people are speccing out because they don't like it and even if you have everybody vote for it then what if somebody leaves then somebody just comes in and all they see are just a bunch of people being bunnys, I doubt a lot of people would want that and probably not even stay to play. Like I said I like bhopping but I just don't think it is the greatest idea for a pug server.
Hi Big Grin
-Crazy
(Jan 15 2018, 04:03 PM)QueenCrazy Wrote:

On ff everybody can shoot eachother and not everybody can bhop like you see how well we work together just voting for a map. We all choose a map then all of sudden 5 people are speccing out because they don't like it and even if you have everybody vote for it then what if somebody leaves then somebody just comes in and all they see are just a bunch of people being bunnys, I doubt a lot of people would want that and probably not even stay to play. Like I said I like bhopping but I just don't think it is the greatest idea for a pug server.
I mean, ik it'll be rare but, we could still have it as like, it needs all players to vote yes.

(Jan 25 2018, 01:59 AM)strident Wrote:
(Jan 15 2018, 04:03 PM)QueenCrazy Wrote:

I mean, ik it'll be rare but, we could still have it as like, it needs all players to vote yes.

I didn't think it was a good idea until you wrote this. Changed my mind. I like the idea. Like Surf server type of accel.

Friendly fire is an option on the server if it's voted for. I don't think I have played a game YET with FF on, though.

If there's a majority or all of the people on the server who want to play with nutty bhopping physics, why not have the option to vote for it?
As your leader i will not force you to give up relationships and play cs instead, that's on you. if i gotta push you to play the game u want to make a living out of, then this shit aint for you.
As long there is a vote, scripts are blocked and only spacebar is allowed, i dont see any problems with bhopping.

In the first season i was in ESEA, bhopping was allowed and it made the game more interesting since we had a bhopper in our team at the time, we could see the pros and cons. The edge people get from bhoping is negligeable, even pro players who knew how to bhop wouldnt because if the other team was prepared for it, it would actually make him an easier target since you dont fire as accurately while bhoping (and its extremely hard to shot people at mid range+). The second they saw your team had a bhoper, they would simply adapt and play safer, or tell their bhoper (if they had 1) to try counter ours which negated its use.

Lastly generally bhopers, "those who mainly played using that strategy" (not everyone who knows how to bhop), were mediocre to slightly above average players, meaning, whatever edge in timing they could get, they weren't able to really use it most of the time to actually kill people. It took MONTHS of gameplay to have enough for these nice looking fragmovies.