Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Denied  Name unlock
I had my name locked for "changing my name to harass helmut^". This is unfair as I did not http://www.dictionary.com/browse/harass I simply changed my name from Dein Grossmutter ist fett (Your grandmother is fat) to Der Helm ist fett (The Helmet is fat) and that was enough to get my name locked.
(Feb 28 2018, 08:43 PM)Graph1cs Wrote: I had my name locked for "changing my name to harass helmut^". This is unfair as I did not http://www.dictionary.com/browse/harass I simply changed my name from Dein Grossmutter ist fett (Your grandmother is fat) to Der Helm ist fett (The Helmet is fat) and that was enough to get my name locked.

Are you a male and a gamer ? Smile (Warning: SJW Nuclear Poney Alert !) Heart
The lock has nothing to do with harassment. Any attempt to circumvent limitations imposed by !ignore and communicate directly from within the server will get you into trouble. To be clear, sending messages through intermediaries is acceptable (since the intermediary could be !ignored too) and using radio commands for callouts are likewise acceptable.

Your name will be locked (without warning and indefinitely) for any communication through name changes (as determined by us) which involves an individual who has !ignored you. We treat custom names as a privilege which is unnecessary for gameplay (similar to decals/sprays in pubs), and so you're likely to never get this abusable privilege back after having it revoked.
[-] The following 3 users Like M. Bison's post:
   CaliSnipe, Jesse W., Snooch
Steam Wrote: 4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: was out
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: bison, dude
4:02 PM - Brawl Bashin’ Bison: ???
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: you're very rude towards alina
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: how about unbanning her friend?
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: I mean
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: it's only gamebanana skins
4:02 PM - Brawl Bashin’ Bison: LOL
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: ^^
4:02 PM - Brawl Bashin’ Bison: LOLOL
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: lol
(Mar 01 2018, 12:19 AM)M. Bison Wrote: The lock has nothing to do with harassment. Any attempt to circumvent limitations imposed by !ignore and communicate directly from within the server will get you into trouble. To be clear, sending messages through intermediaries is acceptable (since the intermediary could be !ignored too) and using radio commands for callouts are likewise acceptable.

Your name will be locked (without warning and indefinitely) for any communication through name changes (as determined by us) which involves an individual who has !ignored you. We treat custom names as a privilege which is unnecessary for gameplay (similar to decals/sprays in pubs), and so you're likely to never get this abusable privilege back after having it revoked.
May I ask what I was doing that was circumvent !ignore?
I think what you did should be abundantly clear at this point. Your name was changed to a message which appears directed at an individual who ignored you (which implies an attempt to circumvent !ignore in order to communicate), and so your ability to set custom names was disabled. Are you still confused about something?
[-] The following 2 users Like M. Bison's post:
   Crusader, Hamaerox
How was I communicating a message? In any way shape or form? I really am confused how this counts as "circumventing the !ignore feature" when there is no useful information in my name at the time.
I can't help you there. You'll need to open up a trusty dictionary and lookup both communication and message. Alternatively, you may need to go back to school and study the English language better.
[-] The following 1 user Likes M. Bison's post:
   Riser