Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Suggestion  Too many PUG servers + new maps + new player plugin
Bison would it make sense to cut back on the amount of servers wL has, to lower cost and up the quality? I would totally be on board with this even to add new maps CSGO versions of maps, overpass, nuke, and mirage (this will help with the cs2 players who are sick of that game). To go along with that we should add a new player plugin with a list of commands so they know how to .sub and such. You would be surprised by how many people join and don't understand how to actually play then leave. I believe with the right plugins/more current maps it could bring an influx of new players. Please feel free to message me, willing to donate in order to get this going, I would make a guess I am not the only who agrees with me/ willing to donate for this cause.

Hope all is well.

Thanks,
Cracker_jacks
[-] The following 5 users Like CrackerJacks's post:
   Brad, FayLawn, Remyzz, Sanity, thecorbittt1
ye i totally fucking agree
[-] The following 1 user Likes Sanity's post:
   CrackerJacks
I don't post on forums, yet, I'm posting on forums to support this.

+1. War-Lords isn't dead, Bison. Help us keep the nostalgia alive
[-] The following 1 user Likes Brad's post:
   CrackerJacks
this guys on to something +1
[-] The following 1 user Likes Gonffs's post:
   CrackerJacks
cutting back on unneccessary servers would be beneficial to this community's survival , i do have access to another server provider who could offer a much cheaper and likely faster service . de_overpass plays flawlessly in CSS and the 2014 de_train backport plays alot better than the version we have been playing . mirage's backport is okay but not necessary and de_inferno_pro_sp plays quite nice as well.
[-] The following 1 user Likes g0t.em's post:
   CrackerJacks
NEVER GUNNA HAPPEN KID

BISON RUNS THESE SERVERS FROM THE OLD POINT OF SALES SYSTEMS THAT KMART USED TO USE. HE ACTUALLY RUNS THE SERVERS IN THE BASEMENT OF A CLOSED SEARS ON DIAL UP.

In all seriousness, I offered years ago to pay for a better server or even build our own server and he could host, and he wouldn't even go for that. I doubt the running costs of 4 additional shit servers is worth the effort.
[-] The following 3 users Like tardbus's post:
   FayLawn, seve, thecorbittt1
New player popup would be nice. Although depending on how bison runs his servers 4 extra ones shouldn't make all that much of a difference. Also csgo maps in source for pugs would probably be lame as hell. I think overpass is nice but those are one off gimmicks in pub servers and shouldn't have a place in warlords. From my understanding most of the maps are from esea to keep like a professional feel? I think changing it accommodate for new players is silly. If you want new players to join the server the best thing you can do is spread word from outside the server to people who will most likely have interest in it.
-=   #quakecs   =-