Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Increasing AFK manager's time
The suggestion isn't a bad one -- there have been times I have died early in a round, went to grab a drink, and when I came back the next round had started. I was slayed literally 1 or 2 seconds before I sat down. Obviously you don't want the timeframe insanely high, but maybe another 5-10 seconds I'm thinking.

On another note, I have noticed on two occasions that the AFK Manager has moved me to spectate while I was playing. I was literally moving around, shooting, etc. and suddenly I received the warning that I had 15 seconds to move. Following the 10 second and 5 second warnings, I was then slayed while playing. (This was particularly noticeable on the mingame server)
hmm i wonder, if its an away from keyboard monitoring plugin, why monitor the mouse for activity? -.- It should check the keyboard for keystrokes instead Tongue or both Big Grin
Counter-Strike: Source
War-Lords.net Public Clan: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/W-L/

Contact xFerior (me) for more information on the Public Server clan.

[Image: 2evxipy.jpg]
xFerior Wrote:hmm i wonder, if its an away from keyboard monitoring plugin, why monitor the mouse for activity? -.- It should check the keyboard for keystrokes instead Tongue or both Big Grin

and also add 5-15 secs to it

and then make the buy time 20-30 secs
[Image: Zenk-4.jpg]
Apart from the bug that was mentioned previously (something I haven't personally experienced yet), I don't think there is anything wrong with the AFK manager.

If you're playing the game, then you're playing the game. If you get up and leave, just go spectate. I have been on servers before where the bomb has been held by someone that is AFK a whole bunch of times, and it gets really frustrating. So what if you come off spectate and you're on a different team? Just play through until you can switch, or just carry on with the team that you're assigned to.

I hate people that are AFK more than I hate the AFK manager. Maybe add another 5 seconds onto it, that would be reasonable.
If you read this, you suck.
i think the afk thing should be like a minute -__-, rounds never end in a minute so it wouldnt hurt to be able to take a quick bathroom break
Helmut^ : Black dont act as if you don't wall
B L A C K D Y N A M I T E : lol record me
Helmut^ Confusedo you can pretend like you cant see people through walls? no thanks

*DEAD* Helmut : chun is such bullshit
*DEAD* Helmut : lmfao
*DEAD* Helmut : what a fucking joke

Helmut: you're so full of shit chun
ChuN*BWP*: then your bad dude...
Helmut: right kid
Chances are you'll be dead within that time though :S
If you read this, you suck.
na i d k wat the current afk time is but 30 secs seems reasonable to me but on scrim server boost the buy time to 30 secs just a thought
Why not just make it so it moves you to spec without slay like admin moving does.  I guess there is a chance that the afk is the last one left and it won't end the round, perhaps there is a way to make it only slay if the afk is the last one left. 
[Image: 76561197977275857.png]
[Image: 76561197984123363.png]
[Image: 15116_101.png]
Theres no option for that, unfortunately it's a plugin limitation.
Sometimes i minimize csConfused and talk to people and check every 30s to see if the round is over or not. The afk manager makes this like impossible because it takes a few seconds to switch back and forth and if i cant miss the first 15 seconds even because im typing to someone. It sucks coming into a new round and already in spectator despite being sitting there waiting to be alive again. I think it should be like if you don't move for a whole round it switches you. 15 seconds seems to just throw too many false flags. I couldn't decide what weapon to buy one time and got sent to spectator.
"Most people think time is like a river, that flows swift and sure in one direction. But I have seen the face of time, and I can tell you, they are wrong. Time is an ocean in a storm."