Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CS:S AFK System
I've never been slain/forced to Spec while not being AFK.  I usually play on the #4 server, so maybe we should check for consistencies between that server's AFK manager and the others' that give us problems?

I don't understand the problem people are having with "being slain while moving in the spawn zone."  I've never been slain while AWPing on de_dust2 from T spawn immediately after a round start.  Also, I can't report instances of a great portion of the T team being slain on cs_office when they camp the hostages instead of rushing.

On a side note, we should also disable the AFK manager during the warm-up round.
[Image: 0:3304193_css.png]
def agree on the warm up
joker8baller Wrote:So can we fix that glitch? I'm walking aren't I? =P.

I meant he had the solution to his own specific problem. He has no right to complain about the AFK manager slaying him when he's moving, because he knows how he can avoid it from happening (by moving his mouse and walking). I know you're only playing with me, but I felt like I should clarify myself in case anyone else read it Tongue

joker8baller Wrote:I agree with the AFK timer being lengthened. Players like to go run out, grab drinks, go to the bathroom between rounds, and with the rounds being independent on play, it's hard to judge. A little bit of lengthening goes a long way. I don't see that being a problem, and it is rare that the bomb ever does go AFK.

But if you're going to be AFK, then just go to Spec quickly. If you're back before the round has ended, you can just join your team again. If you're not, then you are already immune from getting slain and being penalised for being AFK.

joker8baller Wrote:In addition, the AFK timer doesn't work 100% of the time. Many rounds I have seen AFK's go down to 20-30 seconds left in the round, so it's not 100% effective.

Sure, I have seen that a couple of times. But that's a couple more times than I have seen someone being slain whilst out of spawn by the AFK manager.

OwnageHN Wrote:I've never been slain/forced to Spec while not being AFK.  I usually play on the #4 server, so maybe we should check for consistencies between that server's AFK manager and the others' that give us problems?

I don't understand the problem people are having with "being slain while moving in the spawn zone."  I've never been slain while AWPing on de_dust2 from T spawn immediately after a round start.  Also, I can't report instances of a great portion of the T team being slain on cs_office when they camp the hostages instead of rushing.

I think that's because you have moved from your original spawn position. If you have moved even slightly, the AFK manager won't register you as AFK. Well, it shouldn't, but obviously Joker is having trouble with this, so I don't know.

OwnageHN Wrote:On a side note, we should also disable the AFK manager during the warm-up round.

How come?
If you read this, you suck.