Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My ping from 200 increased to 400 :O
Any idea why? Its almost impossible to play with a 400 ping Sad Not downloading anything.

Thanks
there should be some background app which is causing this

chk in task manager
bcoz this has happened with me many times
[Image: mrpa43.png]
Steam is the only thing running. Only happens in war-lords. I get my normal ping on other servers.

I figured it was some update?
O_O
[Image: 20j1ild.png]
Hi Hostage,

Can you tracert 173.231.20.21 please?

Open up a CMD prompt and do "tracert 173.231.20.21". Right click and go select all then press enter to copy it and paste the results here please.
Can't copy it for some reason, here's a screenshot. Keep getting "request timed out"
i use steam and what i do is untick ingame community set steam connection speed to dsl/cable remove untick sign into friends , untick news about updates etc, steam syncronisation untick then untick inside css game under multiplayer. sjoin warlords console set rate to 30000 then cl_cmdrate 70 cl_updaterate 60 if u go deathmatch dust or servers with more than 20+ peeps set cl_cmdrate to 43 and cl_updaterate to 33
minimum.

i found my ping shot up when my rate reset usually to 10000 or 7500 sometimes. manual set to 30000 with the right cl rates it myte decrease your ping latency also set max decals in multiplayer to 1

hope this helps as i think doing this helped me BUT i have been told that latency is beyond the end users control. also it myte help to nat address and exception the steam ports which you can find their numbers on their forum site no blockages or obstacles direct etc give it a go

8) ;D
My rates are fine, been using them forever. This recently happened(about 8 hours ago lol), I was playing a few days ago and I had my normal 200ish ping. Then out of no where, 400 Sad
It could be an ISP problem :o
Counter-Strike: Source
War-Lords.net Public Clan: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/W-L/

Contact xFerior (me) for more information on the Public Server clan.

[Image: 2evxipy.jpg]
But like I said all the other server I play at give me my decent ping(170-200), only war-lords. It may still be my ISP. Gah, I need a break from CSS anyway Sad