Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SC II: Does it do justice to the original?
Let me start by saying that for a solid 10 years starcraft/broodwars was the only game I played, and was in my opinion the only game worth playing. Single player was complex, in play and the storyline/writing/character development a 10, the platform to play multi-player online was user friendly and inovative, and the "use map settings" aspect  added infinite possibilities, making the game timelessly fun to play.

I've currently been getting back into the original series and am contemplating getting into SC II. My question is this: Is it going to live up to my expectations, or will I be disappointed that they called it Starcraft? how can it possibly live up to the original? Is it going to be like attack of the clones where I left the theater feeling like someone took a crap on the original trilogy by making the second trilogy?

Lemme know whatcha think!
I believe that the second Starcraft does the first more the enough justice.
The game play is quick and intuitive but easy for new players to learn and veterans from SC1 to pick up.

As for balance, it is an ongoing process, with the patches to change unit damage and everything (Banelings are massively overpowered lol).

In General SC2 is good but there is still a bit of fine tuning to do but after they are finished the fixed balance should make the game one of the best RTS games ever.
I second what itamachi said It takes time for them to fix any unbalanced races, units , and glitches that will piss you off

Most games are like that and they need time to update to a better one or at least fix the problems with clashed games
im guessing cuz raynor gives justice to the zerg and the then kerrigan becomes human again... i beat SCII 5 times now...
I own a copy of SC2 and it totally blows. I played the game for the first two days and then got totally sick of it.
Steam Wrote: 4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: was out
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: bison, dude
4:02 PM - Brawl Bashin’ Bison: ???
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: you're very rude towards alina
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: how about unbanning her friend?
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: I mean
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: it's only gamebanana skins
4:02 PM - Brawl Bashin’ Bison: LOL
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: ^^
4:02 PM - Brawl Bashin’ Bison: LOLOL
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: lol
I think SC2 sucks nuts, broodwar 4 lyfe bitches.
[Image: 2qn8hh5.jpg]

STEVEelite @ Counter-Strike:Source
I think that the game is much more easier to play than BW. nowadays even korean progamers switch to it, i don't know why....
BW did so big influence on gamers, and so many generations, and i think SC2 is just ruining BW's glory