Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Resolved  ban protest
Hi. I go by the alias 'mirage' in-game. My steam id is STEAM_0:1:199543 I was recently banned from WL #2. I noticed a player who had been blatantly walling and decided to call them out on it. Turns out the player I called out has admin and thought they would make full use of their server 'power'. The player was JakeownsRaped.

Here is what showed in console briefly before I was banned.

*DEAD* v1 mirage :  shut the fuck up scrub
*DEAD* JakeownsRaped :  ffs
*DEAD* 4LT3ZZ4 bored & faithless :  i jsut cheatedmy boyfriend
♀Hot Pants♀ killed Your name with p90.
*DEAD* Cr@zySmil3 :  lol
*DEAD* JakeownsRaped :  you telling me to shut up mirage?
unspoken killed SkoomA with awp.
*DEAD* Mr.Clock :  sad
*DEAD* FullBodyDenim :  voteban his ass
unspoken killed BrownUnderwear with awp.
*DEAD* v1 mirage :  ya you cheating *****
*DEAD* x=WolveRinE=x :  who d funk is cheating??
*DEAD* JakeownsRaped :  rofl tell me shut up again
The Squirting Unicorn :  <----
JakeownsRaped :  lets see what happends
x=WolveRinE=x :  whos cheating
JakeownsRaped :  he thinks im cheating
] record shut up
Recording to shut.dem...
JakeownsRaped :  cuz hes a noob
Cr@zySmil3 :  lol
JakeownsRaped :  cmon mirage ttalk shit to me more
v1 mirage :  shut up

QuaysiaK killed SkoomA with sg552.
4LT3ZZ4 bored & faithless killed |Rambo with ak47.
They see me trollin killed Katy Taylor with sg550.
v1 mirage :  abuse it
Cr@zySmil3 :  mirage is a *****
v1 mirage :  won't last long
QuaysiaK killed Youngtiger with sg552.
Alex Raspão - RS connected.
Youngtiger killed QuaysiaK with hegrenade.
Cr@zySmil3 :  stop crying
Obey killed Mr.Clock with sg552.
Disconnect: You have been banned by this server, check http://war-lords.net for more info.
Disconnect: You have been banned by this server, check http://war-lords.net for more info.

So apparently I called out the wrong person because they thought they would silence me by issuing a ban. I am not a disrespectful player but when someone is blatantly walling their ass off, why should I show them respect? Turns out I got banned for speaking up against a hacker. Would be nice to hear what the admins of the server would have to say about this. Also, I would appreciate an unban.

Not that this should be hard evidence to prove cheats but if you do a simple google search of JakeownsRaped's steam-id, you will notice some bans that have been issued to him in other pubs and not protested or cleared up. http://www.google.com/#hl=en&gs_id=r&xhr...20&bih=950

No record what so ever in any professional gaming leagues via legit-proof.com. It is plausible to believe this guy cheats. Think about it. I understand it will be hard to make a decision against a clan member, but this really needs to be considered. That's crap to let a cheater in the community. 26 mill steam account? you started playing last year? you're 100% blatant Jake... 100%. I am ****** and did not record a demo before blurting out the obvious. I figured it was obvious enough and tried to get everyone's attention. It's only when I decided to give him a piece of my mind when I received a ban and ruined any chance of capturing him on demo. But again, anyone who watched him and has any expert knowledge on the game of cs can tell he was obviously walling.

- mirage

------ Merged August 2, 2011 ------

p.s. i found the sourcebans link but not until after i had already made my initial ban post. I noticed it's only a 1 hour ban but i believe it's still worth mentioning what took place so I will keep my post as is to be looked at. thanks

EDIT: Merged Double Posts
-xFerior-
Moderation Staff
RESOLVED

You did tell him to "shut the f*** up" so the ban is valid.

-CLOSED-
Counter-Strike: Source
War-Lords.net Public Clan: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/W-L/

Contact xFerior (me) for more information on the Public Server clan.

[Image: 2evxipy.jpg]
Actually, he should of warned the user first.
Matt Wrote:Actually, he should of warned the user first.

I concur. Also, from the logs provided above, the player had no reason to believe he was an admin.
Anubis Wrote:
Matt Wrote:Actually, he should of warned the user first.

I concur. Also, from the logs provided above, the player had no reason to believe he was an admin.

I disagree, He clearly said, '' abuse it, It wont last long ".

He knew he was admin.
:\
He could've been talking about the wall hacks he suspected him of having. If this was the case, then he was suggesting that he'd be banned soon.
Steam Wrote: 4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: was out
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: bison, dude
4:02 PM - Brawl Bashin’ Bison: ???
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: you're very rude towards alina
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: how about unbanning her friend?
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: I mean
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: it's only gamebanana skins
4:02 PM - Brawl Bashin’ Bison: LOL
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: ^^
4:02 PM - Brawl Bashin’ Bison: LOLOL
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: lol
M. Bison Wrote:He could've been talking about the wall hacks he suspected him of having. If this was the case, then he was suggesting that he'd be banned soon.

Good point... I guess it can be proved either way... Honestly, I believe the Admin should have at least warranted a warning, rather than '' taunting the person '' to say it again...  Admins should not act this way. Technically Jake, you asked him to say it again, and he did, So how this is a ban able offense?

Did Jake have the war-lords admin tag on by any chance?
Regardless of the admin tag being visible, warnings should generally be issued via text-chat using the public all-talk. That way there's no excuse for not recognizing a genuine warning from an admin. I would bet that if I checked the logs, I would not find such a warning.
I agree with the other senior admins. If an admin is threatening to kick/ban a person, they should be using Admin All Chat, so the person knows who they are dealing with.

Also, as an admin, you should not taunt users. This would be considered entrapment under normal Law. You're provoking someone to break the law in front of you without revealing you are an officer of the law.

It was bad play from both sides.
[Image: 127101_602.png]
Yes. On the day this happened, i had a bad day of work also was having issues with my personal life. My fault on my part. Next time i will warn the user before banning him. However, what the user did not inform in his screen shot was what he had typed in the previous rounds. The argument obviously didnt start by him saying "shut the f*** up scrub" He has constantly talked crap about me for few rounds before the screenshot.