Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shooting firearms on the wildland.
I am going to buy a Mosin Rifle 91 30 very soon, I'm not new to guns, but I'm new to California laws about them, I know I can go to indoor fire range and shoot there, I know how to transport firearms, but what if I wanna try my rifle outdoor, somewhere near LA, is it legal? and if not, is there a high risk to get caught?

Thanks.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2M1hC4c0tc&feature=related[/youtube]
It would have to be outside City limits in an unincorporated peice of land... and if its privately owned without permission you can still get into trouble... i would find an outdoor shooting range.. the police and sheriffs departments typically have both indoor and outdoor with public access... at least in northern Cali i do that now and then.
"I come in peace. I didn’t bring artillery. But I’m pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I’ll kill you all." - General James N. Mattis

3/5 GET SOME!
how much do you pay for outdoor range?
I get military discount so ibpay 15... Typically bring my own ammo too but get a discount on that at the range Smile. I do however want to unload some of my m203 and tracer rounds soon!!!
"I come in peace. I didn’t bring artillery. But I’m pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I’ll kill you all." - General James N. Mattis

3/5 GET SOME!
http://www.wegc.org/wordpress/
West End Gun club is where I go. Probably like an hour east of LA. And I don't think you can shoot the m91/30 indoors because the round would probably pierce the steel plate in the back of the range. (I have one too, it shoots like shit but is fun)

Its actually expensive for the first trip because its a club. (like 50 bucks for membership). but then its like 5 dollars per trip for yourself, and 10 bucks per guest up to 2. But thats only to shoot on the 100 yard range. They also have up to 600 yards, but you have to become part of the NRA and have a full membership to the range... and I'm too cheap for that Wink

If you're not too terribly far dude, I've actually been planning to make another shooting trip soon, can take you as a guest to see if you like the range
LagAvenger Wrote:http://www.wegc.org/wordpress/
West End Gun club is where I go. Probably like an hour east of LA. And I don't think you can shoot the m91/30 indoors because the round would probably pierce the steel plate in the back of the range. (I have one too, it shoots like shit but is fun)

Its actually expensive for the first trip because its a club. (like 50 bucks for membership). but then its like 5 dollars per trip for yourself, and 10 bucks per guest up to 2. But thats only to shoot on the 100 yard range. They also have up to 600 yards, but you have to become part of the NRA and have a full membership to the range... and I'm too cheap for that Wink

If you're not too terribly far dude, I've actually been planning to make another shooting trip soon, can take you as a guest to see if you like the range

Sounds good=) I will buy it on this weekend but then I have to wait for 10 days for background check.