Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Resolved  i think something should be done about this....
ive seen mr.tea on pop maps #2 just sitting there afk for hours and hours taking up a slot being completely afk a number of times now

i have no problem with him and love to play with him but hes taking up a slot all the time.

[Image: mrtea.jpg]
[Image: Zenk-4.jpg]
Isn't there 2 slots reserved for admins on the servers?

Well, if you think that's bad, what about the empty slots on the servers?

[Image: emptyxf.png]

I see this a lot, and I don't really know what causes it. It said the server was 43/42 earlier, and I hopped from server #1 and managed to connect, and there was only 32 people on the server.

EDIT : I am not complaining, I just want to know why it's like that Smile
If you read this, you suck.
He should idle in Deathmatch with me Smile.

It's a bug with SRCDS.
Matt Wrote:It's a bug with SRCDS.

So I think that maybe this should be fixed before limiting how much time Mr Tea spends in spec. I think Mr Tea should be able to spend time in spec, but 23 hours connected to that server is a bit much. Maybe a plugin to limit how much time people spend in spec? I mean, especially if he is actually AFK for a large amount of that time, it's not really stopping anyone from hacking. You could argue that as long as people think that there is an admin there, they would be less inclined to hack, but only regulars would know that Mr Tea is an admin, a random hacker won't care at all.

Maybe ask him first why he spends all that time in spec, and then see what you can do to use that time more efficiently?
The reason I made it not kick AFK admins while in spectator is so it didn't kick while recording demos.
How do you know he was in spectator the whole time? I saw him playing most of the times I popped in there today. I bet he either stepped away prior to the end of the last map or was demoing someone and stayed in spec.  ???
Steam Wrote: 4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: was out
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: bison, dude
4:02 PM - Brawl Bashin’ Bison: ???
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: you're very rude towards alina
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: how about unbanning her friend?
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: I mean
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: it's only gamebanana skins
4:02 PM - Brawl Bashin’ Bison: LOL
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: ^^
4:02 PM - Brawl Bashin’ Bison: LOLOL
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: lol
M. Bison Wrote:How do you know he was in spectator the whole time? I saw him playing most of the times I popped in there today. I bet he either stepped away prior to the end of the last map or was demoing someone and stayed in spec.  ???

ive been watching him do this for about 4 days now and i can assure u hes afk alot
[Image: Zenk-4.jpg]
Matt Wrote:The reason I made it not kick AFK admins while in spectator is so it didn't kick while recording demos.

Yeah, I guessed that was the reason behind it. But Zenk has a point, I mean if you know you're going to be away for a long time, just disconnect from CS:S. There is no way he was specing that server for 23 hours, and since (assuming that's a fresh screenshot) there have been no bans from Mr Tea in the last 23 hours, I am guessing that most of that has been him AFK (or there just haven't been any hackers on that server in the last day that SMAC hasn't picked up, which is kinda unlikely).

I dunno, it is good to have an admin in spec, unless they are actually just away from the computer and doing a bunch of other stuff, which is kinda pointless since you could be getting one more person on the server playing (or an admin that's not AFK).

M. Bison Wrote:How do you know he was in spectator the whole time? I saw him playing most of the times I popped in there today. I bet he either stepped away prior to the end of the last map or was demoing someone and stayed in spec.  ???

Well I didn't think he was in spec the entire time, but a large portion of that 23 hours (currently at 1 day, 1 hour) must be him asleep and leaving himself in spec. I play a lot of CS:S, but I never played 25 straight hours in the same server.
When the servers were first setup, I think I did a good 48-72 hours straight in popular maps. There'd be an average of two hackers a minute at times.  :-X
Steam Wrote: 4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: was out
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: bison, dude
4:02 PM - Brawl Bashin’ Bison: ???
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: you're very rude towards alina
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: how about unbanning her friend?
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: I mean
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: it's only gamebanana skins
4:02 PM - Brawl Bashin’ Bison: LOL
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: ^^
4:02 PM - Brawl Bashin’ Bison: LOLOL
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: lol
Those were some bad times Sad.