Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Resolved  Wow console banned wrong person???
Name in game: no
STEAM ID: STEAM_0:0:543843097
What happened:  Ok so I jump into the War lords deathmatch server and I notice a speedhacker, and he;s flying across the map.  So im just playing normally and all of a sudden i get banned (sv_cheats violation)  WTF!  If that guy is speeding how come he isnt banned by KAC and i was? What's going on? and if i was cheating wouldn't it ban me right away?
SENTRY SAPPIN MAI SPAH!
Out of curiousity, what is your Steam ID?
If you read this, you suck.
is it not in the post? lol
SENTRY SAPPIN MAI SPAH!
Right sorry, I got confused and thought that you were reporting the hacker that was speedhacking.

I don't suppose you have the name of the person that was doing the speedhacks?

Also, had you come from another server previously? Or had you just loaded the game fresh?
console bans are usually never wrong...

:-\
I forget if I joined a previous game, I had css on for like 2 hours while I was doing cross country running so who knows, I just joined the DM server from there
SENTRY SAPPIN MAI SPAH!
Well, the reason I ask is because you were banned for ConVar "sv_cheats violation". In simpler terms, it means that the ban was triggered because the client (thats you) tried to force sv_cheats on the server. As you do not have sufficient permissions to change server convars, you were kicked and subsequently banned by SMAC for attempting this.

Contrary to what you may think, this is one of the few cvar consistency checks that is hard to get banned wrongly for. I doubt you'll be getting unbanned, I don't think this is a false positive.

I'll just wait for a root admin to make a decision. What I have said above is my understanding of how the system works, and may not actually represent the workings of our particular servers.
sv_cheats is a convar maintained by the server and your client replicates the value the server sets. I don't see any good reason why your client would have a value that doesn't match the servers. You were definitely cheating.  :-\

Quote:] sv_cheats
"sv_cheats" = "0" - Allow cheats on server

notify replicated

Quote:] sv_cheats 1
Can't change replicated ConVar sv_cheats from console of client, only server operator can change its value
Steam Wrote: 4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: was out
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: bison, dude
4:02 PM - Brawl Bashin’ Bison: ???
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: you're very rude towards alina
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: how about unbanning her friend?
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: I mean
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: it's only gamebanana skins
4:02 PM - Brawl Bashin’ Bison: LOL
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: ^^
4:02 PM - Brawl Bashin’ Bison: LOLOL
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: lol
If i was cheating wouldn't i be banned instantly?  Like i played about 5 minutes on the server after joining and then getting banned
SENTRY SAPPIN MAI SPAH!
It has to slowly loop through all the offending convars to avoid causing lag for the player. This, of course, typically results in delayed bans of a few minutes. You cheated, I don't really understand what you're trying to do here.  ???
Steam Wrote: 4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: was out
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: bison, dude
4:02 PM - Brawl Bashin’ Bison: ???
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: you're very rude towards alina
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: how about unbanning her friend?
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: I mean
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: it's only gamebanana skins
4:02 PM - Brawl Bashin’ Bison: LOL
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: ^^
4:02 PM - Brawl Bashin’ Bison: LOLOL
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: lol