Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Make The Most Of Autoexec.cfg
hey rival

The cross hair is amazing in most respects , but its not visible fa the settings i have . this is the fps booster i have http://www.mediafire.com/?12sxttdg6bitrka .

can u help me with customising the  small cross hairs that appear in violet so that it matches  the color and thickness of the cross hairs that is in my booster . and if possible tweak the settings on my fps booster to make it more efficient cos i dunno the first thing abt scripting Sad

PS : spy made this for me Tongue
[Image: 21abvjs.png]
-VeeL.xyLoneZ` Wrote:i know a bit about increment thing from java... its like next time u run it it would increment by 1 from the prev value right?
dunno if i can be of any help, but ill help if i can tho Big Grin

The command "incrementvar" lets you cycle through several states. So say if I wanted to have a hotkey to change my interp, i'd go

Code:
bind "p" "incrementvar cl_interp 0.1 1 2"

Each time I pressed P, it would go to the next value and cycle back around again.

i-spy Wrote:pm me for my best cfg Smile

if i see rival scored 10-0  ill use his.. Smile

It's not really about using your cfg to make you score loads at the game. I could have the best cfg in the world and I would still suck at CS:S, but that's more because the foggy blindness in my left eye is progressively getting worse, which means my reactions are getting slower and I don't have the same field of view as everyone else does. This thread was to merely show people the basic sections of a neat autoexec, and I am going to go in depth with more sections as soon as I have finished reading up some parts.

ramesh from india Wrote:hey rival

The cross hair is amazing in most respects , but its not visible fa the settings i have . this is the fps booster i have http://www.mediafire.com/?12sxttdg6bitrka .

can u help me with customising the  small cross hairs that appear in violet so that it matches  the color and thickness of the cross hairs that is in my booster . and if possible tweak the settings on my fps booster to make it more efficient cos i dunno the first thing abt scripting

PS : spy made this for me

Wowee, that is a rather long autoexec!

Well if you want the tiny crosshair with the same colour, you want to go to the Crosshair part of your autoexec, and the line where it says "cl_legacy_crosshair_scale 0", you want to change "0" to "1". If you have legacy crosshair enabled, you cant change the thickness, only the colour. As for changing your FPS settings and stuff, I can't really do that without knowing your PCs spec. I'll be getting on to doing the other sections of autoexec.cfg soon though Smile
If you read this, you suck.
Okay, i have a problem.....the graphics have lowered it and i think it sucks. Can anyone fix that problem and also would "exec lab" reset all settings?
dont use autoexec name,. i suggest that rename the cfg file to a different name,. open css join server then type in console "exec cfgname" ,..so when you closed the game it should be back in default settings,..
i-spy Wrote:dont use autoexec name,. i suggest that rename the cfg file to a different name,. open css join server then type in console "exec cfgname" ,..so when you closed the game it should be back in default settings,..

I explained in the first post what autoexec does. If you want to change the name to something else and execute it manually each time you fire up the game, be my guest.

BaNaNaMaN Wrote:Okay, i have a problem.....the graphics have lowered it and i think it sucks. Can anyone fix that problem and also would "exec lab" reset all settings?

Don't do "exec lab". Ever.

Please check my new thread on graphical tweaking through autoexec. I know you are having a specific problem with dark glass, but I think that's down to lighting more than anything.
I, The Rival Wrote:
i-spy Wrote:dont use autoexec name,. i suggest that rename the cfg file to a different name,. open css join server then type in console "exec cfgname" ,..so when you closed the game it should be back in default settings,..

I explained in the first post what autoexec does. If you want to change the name to something else and execute it manually each time you fire up the game, be my guest.

BaNaNaMaN Wrote:Okay, i have a problem.....the graphics have lowered it and i think it sucks. Can anyone fix that problem and also would "exec lab" reset all settings?

Don't do "exec lab". Ever.

Please check my new thread on graphical tweaking through autoexec. I know you are having a specific problem with dark glass, but I think that's down to lighting more than anything.

nice solution=put all ur config in a file, lets take an example test.cfg
then put this in ur autoexec.cfg "exec test"
thats it, so in case ur cfg ruins the game, just remove that exec test in ur autoexec..
and yes,. fps booster makes your game graphic sucks,. u know why? coz your graphic card sucks too,.. Smile

less quality = more fps

and any upper can take out all map props at 24/7 d2?
i have script for sourcemod just ask Smile
-VeeL.xyLoneZ` Wrote:nice solution=put all ur config in a file, lets take an example test.cfg
then put this in ur autoexec.cfg "exec test"
thats it, so in case ur cfg ruins the game, just remove that exec test in ur autoexec..

The idea behind it is that I have told everyone exactly what each command has done, so that they fully understand what each cvar will do.

Sure, you could have a test.cfg and run that I suppose, if you wanted to be cautious. But I'm not going to go into that kind of thing. These threads are for information for people who want to write their own autoexec but don't really fully understand what each cvar does.

i-spy Wrote:and yes,. fps booster makes your game graphic sucks,. u know why? coz your graphic card sucks too,.. Smile

less quality = more fps

Yes, there will always be a tradeoff between FPS and quality, if you have a low/mid range graphics card. That's just the way it goes.

But you don't need FPS over what your monitors refresh rate is, since it wouldn't be displayed.

I have gone over this in my new thread, which is linked at the bottom of my first post.
i-spy Wrote:and yes,. fps booster makes your game graphic sucks,. u know why? coz your graphic card sucks too,.. Smile

less quality = more fps

dunno why, but when i have source mod on my css folder, its like kickin me out from WL servers and sayin sth like "pls remove ur plugins before connecting"...
so i deleted that sourcemod folder from my folder already..
echo welcome to a cracked version of Steam.
echo you know it aguist the law to have it
echo YOUR STEALING MONEY FOR STEAM

my brother made this one..
~The lonely Stoner seems to free his mind at night~