Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help Joker pick a new laptop.
BARCODE Wrote:So what now Joker?hehehe  Wink
Really depends, I'm going into the Apple store today and seeing if I am getting the 25% Discount + $100 off + $100 gift card, if that's the case, I think I'm going back to the Macbook, since a higher end version would only be about $1400.

I'd love a Lenovo as well since I have nothing but high praises from my time with them but I don't think I can get that employee discount.

I'd be interested in heavy gaming on the laptop on the sole purposes that I predict myself not being based in the United States in the next few years. I'm looking for opportunities and internships in a foreign country so mobility is definitely a plus in my book. However, what is most important for me right now is battery life as I do not always have a outlet for classes.

It's rather up in the air right now, depends on the discount I get today. =P.
[Image: JokerSig.jpg]
take dell its good for gaming
joker8baller Wrote:
BARCODE Wrote:So what now Joker?hehehe  Wink
Really depends, I'm going into the Apple store today and seeing if I am getting the 25% Discount + $100 off + $100 gift card, if that's the case, I think I'm going back to the Macbook, since a higher end version would only be about $1400.

I'd love a Lenovo as well since I have nothing but high praises from my time with them but I don't think I can get that employee discount.

I'd be interested in heavy gaming on the laptop on the sole purposes that I predict myself not being based in the United States in the next few years. I'm looking for opportunities and internships in a foreign country so mobility is definitely a plus in my book. However, what is most important for me right now is battery life as I do not always have a outlet for classes.

It's rather up in the air right now, depends on the discount I get today. =P.

well, if  u are searching for battery life, then mac is the best AFAIK...
definitely, definitely dont take NP8150, coz it only holds on for most 2 hours... maybe even less..
dunno about asus, but if its gaming laptop, it should be about the same
Buy a fucking netbook 12+ hours of battery life + you can play minesweeper on it...
ruplayer Wrote:Buy a fucking netbook 12+ hours of battery life + you can play minesweeper on it...
Got my tablet for that.

I travel a lot so I need he mobility of a desktop
joker8baller Wrote:
ruplayer Wrote:Buy a fucking netbook 12+ hours of battery life + you can play minesweeper on it...
Got my tablet for that.

I travel a lot so I need he mobility of a desktop

Well you can still buy ASUS + 4 - 5 batteries to it lol
Honestly, you're never going to have much battery life on a good gaming laptop while gaming, the lenovo y560s estimate about 5 - 6 hours of battery life (normal usage), which really isn't too bad for a powerhouse machine. If you were to buy a lenovo laptop instead of the apple, you could get the same specs and have enough money left over to buy a second non gaming, great battery life laptop or a netbook (i bought a netbook w/ 5 hours of battery life for $70 on craigslist).

This sexy lenovo on sale for $1,000 (free shipping right now) has essentially the same specifications (slightly slower proc, 2x the memory, slightly faster vidcard) as the current $2,200 mac book pro 15", it is much better than the $1,800 mac which only has a 256mb graphics card in it.

edit: lenovos site sucks with linking
goto: shop.lenovo.com and search for 086227U

This laptop is the updated version of what I have right now, and I'd love to get my hands on one.
"Most people think time is like a river, that flows swift and sure in one direction. But I have seen the face of time, and I can tell you, they are wrong. Time is an ocean in a storm."
naive Wrote:This sexy lenovo on sale for $1,000 (free shipping right now)
lenovos site sucks with linking
goto: shop.lenovo.com and search for 086227U

....and ask for Naive.
I don't work for lenovo, in the past their employee + friends and family program was only protected by just a password, which I guessed ('familyandfriends'). I just love my lenovo more than other modern laptops I have worked on, and while mac book pro's are cool they are grossly over priced. I've specced and bought  four of these lenovo y series laptops for myself and family in the past couple years and every singe laptop has been great. That laptop I posted is something like 40% off right now already I believe for their back to school sale.
"Most people think time is like a river, that flows swift and sure in one direction. But I have seen the face of time, and I can tell you, they are wrong. Time is an ocean in a storm."
I'd hit that, but some unfort money issues came up and I'm broke...