Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Learning Starcraft Broodwar
i play Python 1.3 with my friend im starting to get along with it
Watching the korean tournaments a couple years back on youtube really helped me.  Even though you cant immediately apply their strategies because they are crazy pros you will start to get the thought behind it and aim for the same results as them.  Try out as many different builds/strategies as you can and then use the few you find most effective. 

Also there are lots of cheese vids on youtube.

But I am still a noob.... Might take you up on that lesson pirate, once I get an unvoided CD key XD
Can someone explain whay python 1.3 is? I honestly have no Idea and I think many could benefit from it.
Thanks!
spiceyicey Wrote:Can someone explain whay python 1.3 is? I honestly have no Idea and I think many could benefit from it.
Thanks!

Python 1.3 is a melee low money map (so, 1.5k each mineral reserve and not fastest)
which is very popular among meleers, it even has(in some versions) some sometimes working anti hacks.
Starcraft isn't something that numbers can teach you. Most people try to swamp up the whole affair with the 12 racks into gas, 13 fact... and so forth. Although these builds work, my favorite is the 1 1 1 build, you have to at least experience the game for yourself before you are able to decipher what is best for you. So To begins I would advise playing with the comp a few rounds and getting to know the basics such as the hot keys and several Micro tricks. As well as master Macro!!

Macro is probably one of the most important elements in starcraft, i would even dare to say more so than micro, because it doesn't matter how good you can maneuver units if the opponent just plain out masses you in every sense of the word. I would say never let your bank exceed 300 unless you have a plan in mind such as expanding or etc. After that you need to know how to multltask. Seriously, never stop producing harvesters, unless you catch wind of the opponent making a move then just produce battling units.

If you are in the middle of a battle and not making units if the enemy wins then their army is gonna kill you, plain and simple. To be able to battle and work things at home. (Like expand, raise another army for backup if you win or defense if you lose the fight.)

Lol I could go on all day but i wont and that should give any noob a decent startin point...
My weakest side is my micro, in a fight I can only order all groups to attack and maybe walk out of a storm. The 12 units selected at once limit always gives me problems, any tips?
Dammm......to learn starcraft...u have to  play the camp[aigns......u learn everithing....from there........no need to get tips from a GURU...... Wink
you could... always hire a sc1 tutor... lawl
it'd be awesome to make money while teaching noobs *dreams on*
Try practicing with 1 on 1 computer then 2v1 and so on

I did (computer) 7v1 (me) and killed 3 the other just ganged o me with protoss

It good but hard to fight computers because they move everything at the same time faster then humans (they get more weird movements)

Try each of the race to see which one you would like best and try it out  ;D
Play campaign to increase ur skills then learn to micro better when your up against 2 computers or more
After a while you will notice you have better control over your units since you might become outnumbered  ;D need to save those reavers, or marines xD