Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Opinions Welcome On New Server Ideas [Map Pack Inside]
Matt Wrote:
I, The Rival Wrote:I'll talk to Dandy about using his server to test maps this weekend.

If you chuck the maps all into a ZIP I could probably upload them this weekend and have a sort of beta version of the server going.

I'm almost done compiling the full list into one pack (so they're all in folders "maps" "sounds" etc), but I am not sure if there are too many. I'm going to revise the maps included and post a link so people can download the map pack (all of them together is about 500mb).
If you read this, you suck.
thast not tha bag at all...
[Image: jmchoooiumxgp4oyra5.png][Image: 4im0y2kvr2yk2v2nr7.png]

http://war-lords.net/flamez/matt-4838/m ... n#msg34895
^^^^ Click and say Thank you to the guys who keep
this shit going.NOW^^^^

naive Wrote:I've fallen asleep cuddling a laptop before, don't judge me.
I, The Rival Wrote:But I will agree with you on this. I think it would only be the same people that are playing our current Zombie server that are the people that would be playing the proposed ZE server, technically halving the population of one server to the other. It would be completely pointless, and I don't see it being as popular as a custom map server.
No, if we can promote our ze server, we can get more population.Why? Because zombie escape is awesome, IT is the reason why I wanted to play CSS, after that I found mini games that is fun.I was playing zombie escape not at this server.But I can't access that server again.And you know, if we can get a ze server, more people will come I think.Why? because non-steamers are hard to find ze servers that can be played by them.Just tell people about new zombie escape server that welcome non-steamers.That's the point.Like that CS S competition.Just tell people about the competition days ago.Then many people came to join this forums, after they heard that news.
joker8baller Wrote:No more Zombie servers IMO, I rarely see people in it and they are typically empty.
Zombie escape is different, and hard to find(that welcome non-steamers)
mar_heave : Which David is performing some testing on the server?
M. Bison :That'd be me. I'm testing ways to destroy the server. :eek:

Ever played in PlagueFest server
[Image: 2dgqm84.png]
[Image: dejxg5dm1cglfstk5w.png]
is that the idea on the new server has been decided on?
Assassin Wrote:is that the idea on the new server has been decided on?

It's what we're currently testing, as it's the idea that's had the most input and feedback on. Since the update today, it may be possible that we can get more servers running again, as Linux multithreaded servers are now supported by SRCDS.

Mar_heave, I can't see that we'd add another zombie server. We might, but I honestly believe that as soon as we did, and it became popular, that the ZR server would quickly become empty, because everyone would just go on the ZE server (since ZE is quite clearly a lot better than ZR). I mean, honestly, which would you rather have? ZE or ZR? I can appreciate that you may be worried about losing your game.me rank, but what is more important? Rank or having fun?

Also, I have updated the first post with more information. I'd really like it if people would read the update, it will only take a few minutes and will bring you up to date. Also, I have included a link to a compiled map pack.
If you read this, you suck.
de_westwood
In my opinion, it was a poor map. The fog textures got old quickly.

Lies. Westwood was awesome. What fog textures? That map needs to be pistols and shotguns only as well.

[img]http://Actually%20joker,%20more%20recently%20the%20Full%20Rotation%20server%20has%20been%20completely%20dead.%20Several%20times%20Loks%20and%20I%20went%20in%20there%20to%20try%20and%20populate%20it%20because%20it%20had%20zero%20people%20in%20it.%20It%20never%20lasted%20long%20though.%20True,%20it%20was%20populated%20over%20the%20summer,%20but%20that's%20because%20everyone%20was%20off%20from%20school,%20so%20our%20servers%20were%20a%20lot%20more%20active.%20Now%20everyone%20has%20gone%20back,%20and%20many%20people%20don't%20play%20CS:S%20when%20they're%20meant%20to%20be%20studying%20or%20whatever.[/img]
I'm never on, but when I did sign on that was pretty much the only thing I'm on.

cs_crackhouse or bust.
[Image: JokerSig.jpg]
i just want a server that contains some action and some variety, not the same boring stuff that can be found in the normal servers, having forced in game rules or conditions to win makes the game more dynamic and fun, its boring with the same old stuff. i feel that im in an endless cycle that keeps repeatind itself  :o Tongue
I "ha'z" an idea.

f
y
_
i
c
e
w
o
r
l
d

8)
hey rival can u add a few assassination maps its my specaility lol
if its not any trouble cause i dont just want it the usual hostages and bombs if u know what i mean
what about VIP maps? that was always fun are refreshing to break up the same old game play styles.
[Image: jmchoooiumxgp4oyra5.png][Image: 4im0y2kvr2yk2v2nr7.png]

http://war-lords.net/flamez/matt-4838/m ... n#msg34895
^^^^ Click and say Thank you to the guys who keep
this shit going.NOW^^^^

naive Wrote:I've fallen asleep cuddling a laptop before, don't judge me.