Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Opinions Welcome On New Server Ideas [Map Pack Inside]
hey hey you forgot something...
we should have variation of servers, not all that...
so there will be 3 new servers?
pistol only is ok, nice, then I suggest Zombie Escape,
zombie escape server will bring a success(I think)
because zombie escape is better than zombie reloaded...
mar_heave : Which David is performing some testing on the server?
M. Bison :That'd be me. I'm testing ways to destroy the server. :eek:

Ever played in PlagueFest server
[Image: 2dgqm84.png]
[Image: dejxg5dm1cglfstk5w.png]
i will agree zombie escape maps are very fun and ALWAYS populated... other zombie servers i never have an interest in.
[Image: poopl.png]

[Image: custom.php?id=76561197960275731]
I, The Rival Wrote:
SpartanOnLSD Wrote:Refund the money...then someone might be able to buy an awp if someone is hogging it!!! Nades i say no..its pistoles only. having a nade blow up on you...lame.

I was pretty much thinking the same thing. It would give someone else a chance to use the awp, and would stop people just getting the awp one round and camping/hogging it all the other rounds.

BaNaNaMaN Wrote:Ohhh,so do you guys write up this script or does it already exist? Also sOrry about the 'but bases' I typed,I was meant to say buy nades,it's this autocorrection shit!

I don't know if a script already exists with the specifics that we're requiring. I'll leave that up to the people that know how to write scripts/know what they're looking for (the roots). Also I guessed about the nades thing Tongue

}{@K@P Wrote:
I, The Rival Wrote:
}{@K@P Wrote:this is intersting, just make a server and i will be there everyday!  :o

rival you said that there will be no gungame server, but how about the future tournaments?  ???

Well I don't know about future tournaments. I'm sure a GunGame server could be set up relatively quickly if we needed to. Would you really want to do the same type of game mode again for the next contest though?

well last tournament was at the gungame server, root admins were planning on it, so i don't know where the next tournament will be, it's up to root admins

Well I'm sure they'll figure something out Smile I love the fact that you're more worried about a server that was used once, and not about the fact that we already got rid of 2 other good servers Tongue

lol i don't care where tournaments will be, i care about the tournament of itself, because you don't know that i really badly want that legit steam account  :Smile

marheave: what is zombie escape?
rival you never fail to impress me with your ideas lol
i do like your idea, and it would be great if we can add more forced rules e.g, the terrorist have to occupy a certain place in the map within a given time length, or make the cts kill a certain terrorist within a given time length and the terrorist have to protect him, and make a knife round too in addition to the pistol round  between the normal rounds. This will make it more exciting and interesting. Also it would be great if we have a pistol only server. Hope u like my suggestion, and tell me what u think ppl  Wink
mar_heave Wrote:hey hey you forgot something...
we should have variation of servers, not all that...
so there will be 3 new servers?
pistol only is ok, nice, then I suggest Zombie Escape,
zombie escape server will bring a success(I think)
because zombie escape is better than zombie reloaded...

No, there is only going to be one new server at the moment. Full Rotation and Fight Yard are gone, there will be nothing replacing them for the time being. The hugely unused GunGame server will be replaced with this server idea. If you really think that Zombie Escape is better than Zombie Reloaded, then why don't we replace the ZR server with a ZE server?

stinK Wrote:i will agree zombie escape maps are very fun and ALWAYS populated... other zombie servers i never have an interest in.

The problem with zombie servers is the amount of custom models. It always seems that someone is missing models, and they are attempting to flee from character models that are just massive red ERROR signs. Whilst I can agree that zombie servers are populated, we already have a zombie server up at the moment. I'm trying to think of a new idea, rather than a server idea that can be compared to hundreds of other servers.

Assassin Wrote:rival you never fail to impress me with your ideas lol
i do like your idea, and it would be great if we can add more forced rules e.g, the terrorist have to occupy a certain place in the map within a given time length, or make the cts kill a certain terrorist within a given time length and the terrorist have to protect him, and make a knife round too in addition to the pistol round  between the normal rounds. This will make it more exciting and interesting. Also it would be great if we have a pistol only server. Hope u like my suggestion, and tell me what u think ppl  Wink

Thanks Smile The idea you're talking about is Assassination maps. There are already as_ maps, one of the most famous being as_oilrig. The problem with doing as_ maps on a pub server is that it's easy for griefers to mess up the game for CTs. We'll test a couple of as_ maps though.

As for knife round, we'll probably have the knife fight plugin that we do on other servers. As I've said in my first post, we're only having one new server, which is why Matt and I talked about merging ideas together. I posted a thread here because I wanted to see what you guys thought about it, or if you could think of anything that would mess up the server or make the game really lame to play, but so far it seems that you all like it.
If you read this, you suck.
I support the Zombie Escape, Its much better than Zombie reloaded.  Also turn up the bounce back of zombies a bit, no idea how but i saw it done once, shotguns would send them flying... 

The random pistol rounds, I doubt i would play that. I think it would just piss me off to have to pistol it out at random points. No idea why, but even just the thought of a random pistol round would make me leave the server if it was a random pub i joined. 

I was thinking of a Rune Mod server,

http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=4636
The way the mod works is beggining of round like 12 random runes drop all over the map. People scramble about to pick the runes up, different runes give different attributes. The goal of the map is still plant the bomb ect, You can just find a rune that might give you an advantage. You keep the rune until you die and when you die you drop the rune and anyone else can pick it up.
RESISTANCE reduces all damage by half
STRENGTH doubles all damage
HASTE doubles walkspeed
REGENERATION slowly regenerates life to 150
VAMPIRISM Steal a percentage of damage you deal (100 cap)
HUNTER Your knife hits instantly kill, you have no footsteps and your armor regenerates to 160
DISMAY Opponents lose life when attacking you, screen becomes slightly red to warn you you're attacking someone with dismay
HEROICS Pistols do double damage, every kill with any weapon boosts your speed, dropping the run resets that speed
SOUL When you kill an opponent, your life is set to 100
INVISIBILITY Take your knife out and don't move, you become fully invisible
SHELL Deal damage to opponents in order to gain armor (100 cap)
(new)SEER Look at an opponent to slow them down. See a line to your closest opponent, line's thickness is relative of their closeness.
(new)PHANTOM Run into a wall to walk through it, doesn't work while ducking, you glow while doing it, and if it runs out while you're in a wall, your location is reset
(new)KINETICS Take your knife out and look up slightly in order to fly. Shooting enemies with a pistol pushes them backwards.

Thats a link to the dl of it

Or possibly a paintball mod?  Tmps that shoot paintballs, paintballs move a bit slower than bullets and its a 1 hit kill. So give players 1 hp? take 0 fall damage? stuff like that
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHyfoNHVc6E&feature=related[/youtube]

Or possibly a Soccer/Football mod  Call it a sports server.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1scgGTVcSQ&feature=related[/youtube]
Ball doesn't kill you when it hits you. You get to run around with it, then you can shoot it by pressing E.  To steal the ball from other players you knife them to kill them. Insta respawn for everyone. Kills give Xp and scoring goals give XP. You then use the XP to upgrade Power, Curve, Speed, Jump, Health, damage ball does to players ect. (It resets every new map) Ive seen this mod in 1.6 and it was amazing. You could curve your shots so they would go around the goalie and in. It was called SOCCERJAM.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0uXqlrWws-w&feature=related[/youtube]
Then the second part of this server would be football. Which was 1 person got to be QB then other people could either block or Rush for a pass.  To become the QB you would type /qb and you would get to be QB for 4 down. Double jump was activated and each person got to use a boost by pressing r. The boost would make you run really fast for like 3 seconds. You could use it juke some1 ect. You could also dive at enemies and try to tackle them by slashing them with your knife. You couldnt actually kill enemies though. Just a thought.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJhFfXJXqZE&feature=related[/youtube]
[Image: 8yi3kn.png]
rawr?
I'll just say this again : If there was going to be a new zombie server, it would most likely replace the old zombie server. If ZE is better than ZR, then why don't we just have a ZE server instead of a ZR server?

Also I talked to you in Steam about the rest, so fair enough Tongue Let's see what other people think. In all honesty, I'd just really like a custom map server. I'm bored of playing the same maps over and over again on Popular Maps, and a lot of them are one sided. The rotation usually goes something like this :

- Aztec (everyone joins CT, Ts all camp)
- Inferno (everyone joins CT, Ts all camp)
- Office (everyone joins T and camps)
- Aztec
- Season (balanced, people fail at rotating quick)
- Train (everyone leaves/everyone joins CT, Ts camp ladder)
- Dust (everyone joins CT, Ts camp and die)
- Aztec

Map makers have realised that people hate certain maps because they are unbalanced. They create good, fun maps with more of a balance. I believe that it would be very popular if we had some good maps on there.

Anyway, I am going to go back to testing maps.
If you read this, you suck.
Custom maps would probably be the best bet for a new server then...most likely to bring in more of a crowd i guess...maybe do Custom Maps with a bit of competitive server stye as well? plus i hell want to see the Wire Pull Mod on that server fore sure, if not the other ones too!!
[Image: jmchoooiumxgp4oyra5.png][Image: 4im0y2kvr2yk2v2nr7.png]

http://war-lords.net/flamez/matt-4838/m ... n#msg34895
^^^^ Click and say Thank you to the guys who keep
this shit going.NOW^^^^

naive Wrote:I've fallen asleep cuddling a laptop before, don't judge me.
If a 'custom map' server is created i'd suggest the map cs_motel_tws!!
Link:  http://www.gamebanana.com/maps/106757
Also heres another map de_gambaru!!
Link:  http://www.gamebanana.com/maps/11661
And finally and you guys might be shocked(this may not be created by valve but still awesome map!), de_dust3
Link:  http://www.gamebanana.com/maps/79453
http://www.gamebanana.com/maps/52549

de_vegas_css. I played this map alot on the DoP servers its a good balanced map! just dont go vents with the bomb....= fail!
[Image: jmchoooiumxgp4oyra5.png][Image: 4im0y2kvr2yk2v2nr7.png]

http://war-lords.net/flamez/matt-4838/m ... n#msg34895
^^^^ Click and say Thank you to the guys who keep
this shit going.NOW^^^^

naive Wrote:I've fallen asleep cuddling a laptop before, don't judge me.