Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is visual basic worth learning?
ÏňđïģǿŘǎvēń Wrote:personally I'd say it's good, you can make some cool little things there if you work at it.
it is worth learning.

be honest do you even no anything or no any visual basics ?
Matt Wrote:It depends how serious you want to get in the programming world and what you want to make. If you want to make a profession out of it learn C++ or C#. If you just want to make a couple of programs every now and then like bots or to make you life easier, learn VB.NET.
i would agree VB.NET is for like making your life easier believe it or not when they make programs with c++ they do put some VB in there like for key down so you can use
hit a key.
Gorillaz.VrS@west
Gorillaz@west&east
social_network@west&east
[Image: u0cmga0cl71vwop42whu.jpg]
vb6 isn't relateable to any other language in any way, its totally different and a few people I know have had a hard time learning other languages because they learned vb first.
hes what i think after reading notes for going to classes for this
ok
in VB you design what you want it to look like then you script up the actions.
with c++ you need like 3 programs to use it

1.to design what you want it to look like(like photoshop) 

2.to script up what you you want it to do(like notepad++)

3.a c++ to .EXE converter(dont have one)

and people say why don't you use the vb version  of c++
you need understanding of c++ i only 12 but still i went to classes and i learned alot
and with that i made my own sc bot i use power shell for rankings and VB for all the buttons and c++ for a lot of the commands, and all script can be used in all other scripts by finding the "start" command
Gorillaz.VrS@west
Gorillaz@west&east
social_network@west&east
[Image: u0cmga0cl71vwop42whu.jpg]
only worth learning if u can do something with that which u have learned  a lesson on visual basic and life
How do you prove that we exist,    maybe we dont exist
|^^|êÑ¥  Ǻ|Ö®§ Wrote:hes what i think after reading notes for going to classes for this
ok
in VB you design what you want it to look like then you script up the actions.
with c++ you need like 3 programs to use it

1.to design what you want it to look like(like photoshop) 

2.to script up what you you want it to do(like notepad++)

3.a c++ to .EXE converter(dont have one)

and people say why don't you use the vb version  of c++
you need understanding of c++ i only 12 but still i went to classes and i learned alot
and with that i made my own sc bot i use power shell for rankings and VB for all the buttons and c++ for a lot of the commands, and all script can be used in all other scripts by finding the "start" command

I have a question, i dont wanna sound newbish BUT... what would you use to make a bot? (If you did state it, then i musta read it wrong) @.@ I know none of this scripting, language, ETC. i wanna learn it
(° ‿ ° ✿)

[Image: EternalReaper.png]
[Image: 2hmjw44.png]

If you have a mac or if your computer supports hardware virtualization (and your not a nub) i recommend learning REALbasic It works cross platform, and i hear its much better. the reason you need a mac would be that i cannot find any cracks for it for windows. unless you wana pay for it then windows will work just fine XD
I used to be an admin. Two mergers and a year later and just look at me now. Amazing!
[Image: zaptorx3sig.png]
Zaptor Wrote:If you have a mac or if your computer supports hardware virtualization (and your not a nub) i recommend learning REALbasic
REALbasic is a copy of Microsoft Visual Basic
Microsoft Visual Basic 2008 Express Edition is better cuz it is widows made and it works better with windows now for macs REALbasic is better
~The lonely Stoner seems to free his mind at night~
Its really only worth learning in my opinion if you have a reason to do so. I am a professional programmer in cobol on a mainframe, but I know C and other languages like C# as well. Learning a language and mastering a language though are 2 different things so it takes a lot of effort to master a language.