Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
}{@K@P Wrote:
Miffy Wrote:
}{@K@P Wrote:thanks miffy for the info!  :Smile
err lol cant tell if thats sarcasm. Btw my apologies for putting it in the quotations , blame my droid for that

well, 85% of the time, i believe what people are saying, so, shame on you?  :o
are you mindfucking me? Cause its totally working +_-
Leaky Wrote:
}{@K@P Wrote:i think that people are getting denied because they are not that active in the forums, but not too much active! (LIKE REPLYING TO ALL POSTS)  :Smile

I'm actually pretty much the only one who cares about forum activity. Our present admin's vote on new admins and they vote based on how much interaction they've had with the applicant. The problem is the people who are applying are either sitting quietly in the background when they play on the server so no one notices them, or they've left a bad impression on the admins when they were noticed. being active on the forums does help the present admin's notice you and pay attention to you in game though so it doesn't hurt. but that's basicall it. If you want to become an admin you need to show some initiative and get to know the current admins (don't suck up, just show them that you're a good fellow)

Well shit. I am a total asshat :/
Loks Wrote:so now we supose to give admins to all app ?!? im pretty sure if this happend the number of admin abuse threads will increase 100% :/
record demos and post here thats my advice for people who got denied and stop being lazy even if you get admin you need to record a demo for every single haxor ban and upload to sourcebans!
no at all, but should give some ''permanent admins'' to servers that almost have no admins on, or have no admins at all..
[Image: 1UH9a8H.png]

[Image: 5pfuEDP.gif]
Miffy Wrote:
}{@K@P Wrote:
Miffy Wrote:
err lol cant tell if thats sarcasm. Btw my apologies for putting it in the quotations , blame my droid for that

hell no man!  :o
James Wrote:
Leaky Wrote:
}{@K@P Wrote:i think that people are getting denied because they are not that active in the forums, but not too much active! (LIKE REPLYING TO ALL POSTS)  :Smile

I'm actually pretty much the only one who cares about forum activity. Our present admin's vote on new admins and they vote based on how much interaction they've had with the applicant. The problem is the people who are applying are either sitting quietly in the background when they play on the server so no one notices them, or they've left a bad impression on the admins when they were noticed. being active on the forums does help the present admin's notice you and pay attention to you in game though so it doesn't hurt. but that's basicall it. If you want to become an admin you need to show some initiative and get to know the current admins (don't suck up, just show them that you're a good fellow)

That post was really to point out that "reply to all posts" is a terrible idea, spamming the forum isn't going to make you look favorable as an admin. Definitely be active in the community, and the forum is a part of the community, but don't just spam it with useless crap to look like you're active.
Leaky Wrote:
James Wrote:
Leaky Wrote:

That post was really to point out that "reply to all posts" is a terrible idea, spamming the forum isn't going to make you look favorable as an admin. Definitely be active in the community, and the forum is a part of the community, but don't just spam it with useless crap to look like you're active.

aka, don't pull a Pass.
(° ‿ ° ✿)

[Image: EternalReaper.png]
[Image: 2hmjw44.png]

I haven't posted here and it's already 4 pages... My time will come... when it will be in flamez section.
}{@K@P Wrote:
Miffy Wrote:
}{@K@P Wrote:
Miffy Wrote:

hell no man!  :o

Then I'm just one confused cookie X_x
hmm i wonder if we get a bot that records all everyone and we have a team about 20 people to watch the vids and catch the hackers.
~The lonely Stoner seems to free his mind at night~
.::Dre@m$::. Wrote:hmm i wonder if we get a bot that records all everyone and we have a team about 20 people to watch the vids and catch the hackers.
Do you know how much video would have to be reviewed? That's like recording every second of your life and watching it over.
Yeah you could probably divide it up, but still, very time consuming, and people have lives they would like to attend to.