Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Indians and Job Applications.
that's like asking a person who's white / native american(indian) what race they are, you pick the most obvious one, you choose Asian although you're not from Asia but you technically are part of that continent. I see what you're getting at and yes there probably should be an option for Indian on the form.
[Image: e1GzZ.gif]
henry Wrote:that's like asking a person who's white / native american(indian) what race they are, you pick the most obvious one, you choose Asian although you're not from Asia but you technically are part of that continent. I see what you're getting at and yes there probably should be an option for Indian on the form.
I guess it's better than picture of xzibit.
It hasn't been 20 more posts yet, so I won't be posting that for a bit, and it'll be quite some time before I get another 20 posts.
henry Wrote:It hasn't been 20 more posts yet, so I won't be posting that for a bit, and it'll be quite some time before I get another 20 posts.

?????????????????
ruplayer Wrote:
henry Wrote:that's like asking a person who's white / native american(indian) what race they are, you pick the most obvious one, you choose Asian although you're not from Asia but you technically are part of that continent. I see what you're getting at and yes there probably should be an option for Indian on the form.
I guess it's better than picture of xzibit.

^

iSpy Wrote:
henry Wrote:It hasn't been 20 more posts yet, so I won't be posting that for a bit, and it'll be quite some time before I get another 20 posts.

?????????????????
ruplayer Wrote:
Spartacus Wrote:asian?
They have nothing Asian, except they're located on the Asian continent.

I don't get what you mean by this. What's an Asian to you?
be the best version of yourself, that's all you can do.
Spartacus Wrote:
ruplayer Wrote:
Spartacus Wrote:asian?
They have nothing Asian, except they're located on the Asian continent.

I don't get what you mean by this. What's an Asian to you?
He's talking about the physical characteristics such as "asian eyes". Westerners typically affiliate "asian" with the eastern most asian countries such as China, Vietnam, Japan, etc.

google result for indian male
[Image: new-indian-rupee-006.jpg]

google result for asian male
[Image: Young+Asian+man+hairstyles.PNG]
Steam Wrote: 4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: was out
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: bison, dude
4:02 PM - Brawl Bashin’ Bison: ???
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: you're very rude towards alina
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: how about unbanning her friend?
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: I mean
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: it's only gamebanana skins
4:02 PM - Brawl Bashin’ Bison: LOL
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: ^^
4:02 PM - Brawl Bashin’ Bison: LOLOL
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: lol
M. Bison Wrote:He's talking about the physical characteristics such as "asian eyes". Westerners typically affiliate "asian" with the eastern most asian countries such as China, Vietnam, Japan, etc.

while true, and a little humorous I might add, there are also Sri Lankans, Pakistanis, Singaporean Indians and Malaysian Indians in Asia. And i'm a Malay, of Javanese origin. Its just more complex than just to have "asian/slanty eyes"

What's an Asian?
"My eight-year-old daughter did something a few weeks ago that surprised me. She asked me what “Asian” meant. In Britain, Asian is usually taken to describe people of South Asian origin—Pakistani, Bengali, Indian and Sri Lankan, unlike America where Asian generally denotes East Asians. People my age and older have been grouped into one of a few broad categories: white, black or Asian, with little ambiguity about this. It surprised me that my daughter did not identify herself with this label. "
http://www.incultureparent.com/2011/10/w...eneration/

But I think I can understand where ruplayer is coming from.

Anyway, off topic but I found this hilarious.

[Image: tumblr_lc8triw9Yy1qzxzwwo1_500.jpg]
be the best version of yourself, that's all you can do.
Yep, indians are classified as having asian race. Hilarious pic spartacus, hahaha.
[Image: 2ntzjn7.png]
silly (no sound): you need to learn
Zero: i taught you
silly (no sound): how to be cool like me
Zero: you knifed me when i retired
silly (no sound): I have hopes for you
silly (no sound): to be my apprentice
silly (no sound): my prodigy
silly (no sound): to carry on my legacy
silly (no sound): good luck padawan
silly (no sound): may the force be with you
Zero: lol
Zero: why you make it sound that you are never coming back alive master?
Zero: Tongue
silly (no sound): I will
silly (no sound): when you're ready
silly (no sound): to show me what you've learnt
silly (no sound): when you're a jedi
iSpy Wrote:

?????????????????

haha, this made me laugh a lot, because they are talking about indians and asia, and this is just a random comment, made my day Big Grin