Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Opinions on Police Brutality?
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=hhPdH3wE0_Y[/youtube]
[Image: 8yi3kn.png]
rawr?
pTK Wrote:[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=hhPdH3wE0_Y[/youtube]
Gotta admit, these "peaceful" protesters really got on my nerves, they were provoking the police, yelling stupid things at them, and not letting them leave. I'd probably side with the police here.
[Image: 2ntzjn7.png]
silly (no sound): you need to learn
Zero: i taught you
silly (no sound): how to be cool like me
Zero: you knifed me when i retired
silly (no sound): I have hopes for you
silly (no sound): to be my apprentice
silly (no sound): my prodigy
silly (no sound): to carry on my legacy
silly (no sound): good luck padawan
silly (no sound): may the force be with you
Zero: lol
Zero: why you make it sound that you are never coming back alive master?
Zero: Tongue
silly (no sound): I will
silly (no sound): when you're ready
silly (no sound): to show me what you've learnt
silly (no sound): when you're a jedi
They were allowed to leave, they were dragging people away right after. They were "surrounded" but they were not prevented from leaving.

Even at the start of the pepper spray, the circle wasn;t even super close. The videos don't capture that.

The video doesn't do justice to the people that were there. It's similar to the UC Davis Republicans smearing the incident and blatantly lying about it. 

Even when taking into context of the video, there was no reason that the people in the circle should have been peppersprayed in such a show. They were told that they were going to be shot with the paintballs filled with pepper spray. And they were willing to do so since this would have been a huge mistake by the police department.

What really is annoying is still the fact that A) The protest was against police brutality. B) The Police at Davis, honestly, don't do anything. The Davis PD had a bigger reaction to this than the hate crimes that occured.
[Image: JokerSig.jpg]
I'm sure we're going to have a huge difference of opinions regarding this matter.

But it sure looks like a senseless mob mentality (especially with all the cheering, laughing and "Fuck the Police" chants). I have no idea how else were the police going to act.
be the best version of yourself, that's all you can do.
IMO that video is clearly biased towards cops. lol i dont see how they where not "peaceful" did they attack anyone? they sat on the ground and where using there voices. Did they say some stupid things, yeah but you have to admit that you do see other people telling them to NOT say "fuck the Police"
[Image: jmchoooiumxgp4oyra5.png][Image: 4im0y2kvr2yk2v2nr7.png]

http://war-lords.net/flamez/matt-4838/m ... n#msg34895
^^^^ Click and say Thank you to the guys who keep
this shit going.NOW^^^^

naive Wrote:I've fallen asleep cuddling a laptop before, don't judge me.
Spartacus Wrote:I'm sure we're going to have a huge difference of opinions regarding this matter.

But it sure looks like a senseless mob mentality (especially with all the cheering, laughing and "Fuck the Police" chants). I have no idea how else were the police going to act.
Fuck the Police chants were not tolerated by anyone there. The people that were chanting it were asked to stop as soon as they were located.
joker8baller Wrote:
Spartacus Wrote:I'm sure we're going to have a huge difference of opinions regarding this matter.

Fuck the Police chants were not tolerated by anyone there. The people that were chanting it were asked to stop as soon as they were located.
What about the "you can't leave unless you give us back the arrested people" chant, which was ironically mixed in with "we want the police to leave", and not to mention the "We'll give you one moment of peace chant" which is a bit ridiculous coming from so called "peaceful protesters".
[Image: 2ntzjn7.png]
silly (no sound): you need to learn
Zero: i taught you
silly (no sound): how to be cool like me
Zero: you knifed me when i retired
silly (no sound): I have hopes for you
silly (no sound): to be my apprentice
silly (no sound): my prodigy
silly (no sound): to carry on my legacy
silly (no sound): good luck padawan
silly (no sound): may the force be with you
Zero: lol
Zero: why you make it sound that you are never coming back alive master?
Zero: Tongue
silly (no sound): I will
silly (no sound): when you're ready
silly (no sound): to show me what you've learnt
silly (no sound): when you're a jedi
Heres the real point.  You are aloud to protest. But when the cops tell you to move. You fucking move.  If not I support the cops in MAKING you move.  Respect the police. They protect your ass.  Remember, most violent protests start off peaceful.
[Image: 8yi3kn.png]
rawr?
We just all need to legalize and then roll up a blunt and get high...then everything would be okay. lol
[Image: jmchoooiumxgp4oyra5.png][Image: 4im0y2kvr2yk2v2nr7.png]

http://war-lords.net/flamez/matt-4838/m ... n#msg34895
^^^^ Click and say Thank you to the guys who keep
this shit going.NOW^^^^

naive Wrote:I've fallen asleep cuddling a laptop before, don't judge me.
silly Wrote:
joker8baller Wrote:

What about the "you can't leave unless you give us back the arrested people" chant, which was ironically mixed in with "we want the police to leave", and not to mention the "We'll give you one moment of peace chant" which is a bit ridiculous coming from so called "peaceful protesters".
Those were shut down pretty quickly as well.

See that's the thing PTK, you're taking it out of context. This has been a vastly peaceful protest on public ground that the students had a right to pay for. There was nothing illegal about them being there, I've slept on the quad, played football there and such. They had never taken any violent actions, and most of the protesters were there with their backpacks and such.

Again, we're moving past the issue. The issue is pepper spraying peaceful protesters when there was a clear way out of the circle. Before the pepper spray, there was a way of the police of getting out of the circle. The cops were dragging people out of the circle, but they decided to pepper spray then dragging them. If you look at Davis, and live here, you know that nothing we have is inclined to violence here.

They're going to arrest people for sitting on the quad but they don't take active steps in pursuing hate crimes that occurred? It's not something that's recent, it's something that's been going on for years. There's hundreds of things that the cops have been ignoring.

I agree most of the protesters are stupid, but they don't need to be pepper sprayed with military grade pepper spray, from a distance that violates the minimum requirements when there had been no acts of violence. This is actually a violation of the UCPD written policy.