Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Resolved  Ban Appeal
Alright, so hey. I've been playing on your DM server for a while now, and a while ago I got banned from it after my computer going crazy and restarting each time I launched CSS. I fixed the problem and joined your server, played for about 30 seconds and then it says I'm banned. After a whole lot of searching I find your sourcebans and it tells me the reason of my ban was this: "SMAC: Eye Angles Violation".
I was that much familiar with SMAC so I searched it and found this: http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=158477
Quote:Auto-banning as default just seems a little excessive for something that's not guaranteed. Even kick as default would be better imo. If admin wants to change to ban, they can, else if not hacking, player rejoins, else if hacking, rejoin with hacks and get booted again or without and can play normally/fair.

I do not have any idea what happened and not sure if it has anything to do with my computer problem and/or it restarting crazily.
I will say that I'm not a hacker and have been playing on your server for a long time and think that this is not fair.
I would appreciate your help.

Sorry my STEAMID is: STEAM_0:1:33637923
I also run gamebooster for css, on my computer, don't know if that's the problem or not.
Lastly, my in-game name at that moment was "mINI"

mINI

EDIT: Forgot my SteamID
EDIT 2: Running Gamebooster
EDIT 3: In-game name
Also quoted from the same thread that you quoted from.

GoD-Tony;1487005 Wrote:A little update on this: From the feedback I've received (as well as my own servers), this module has had a 100% detection rate for CS:S, and you should be able to safety enable automatic banning for this mod.

It's also quite aggressive at catching cheaters, as almost all aim related cheats seem to violate the eye angle boundaries that this module checks.

I haven't heard anything back about other mods, so it's still considered experimental outside of CS:S.
[Image: scary-cat-100.jpg]
Does that therefore mean that I will stay banned?
minimoney1 Wrote:Does that therefore mean that I will stay banned?

Wait for one of the root admins to answer.
Also I would like to ask you, do you admit that you did have a cheat installed?
JayCat Wrote:
minimoney1 Wrote:Does that therefore mean that I will stay banned?

Wait for one of the root admins to answer.
Also I would like to ask you, do you admit that you did have a cheat installed?
No, I do not hack, nor did I meant that I did hack back when I said
Quote:Does that therefore mean that I will stay banned?
I just wanted to know that does that mean there is no chance for me to get unbanned, because I know that I'm not a hacker but the way that you stated your point in your post made me think that there is no way for me to get unbanned, because the plugin is apparently perfect (but after some time of research I figured out that the FOV detection punishment was initially set to an admin notification, so I'm guessing it is not 100 percent perfect, but I might be wrong).
I hope I get unbanned.
This is as far as I can go to help you.

From here on out, you must wait for root admin to respond.
JayCat Wrote:This is as far as I can go to help you.

From here on out, you must wait for root admin to respond.
I thank you for your help and I will wait for the root admin to respond.
minimoney1 Wrote:initially set to an admin notification, so I'm guessing it is not 100 percent perfect, but I might be wrong).
The ban is extremely unlikely to cause a false positive for CS:S. The reason it was initially set to admin notification was because there were some maps and glitches that might render an entity a few degrees over what may be considered a legal value. However, they compensated for this by setting a buffer zone of about 50 degrees or so which would never even come close to occurring from one of the mentioned problems (except perhaps in some other games). I'm familiar with the code and what it does. You were definitely cheating.

-CLOSED-
Steam Wrote: 4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: was out
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: bison, dude
4:02 PM - Brawl Bashin’ Bison: ???
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: you're very rude towards alina
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: how about unbanning her friend?
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: I mean
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: it's only gamebanana skins
4:02 PM - Brawl Bashin’ Bison: LOL
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: ^^
4:02 PM - Brawl Bashin’ Bison: LOLOL
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: lol