Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This is a suggestion. :-)
yea i think it would be better if the protection is back.
I'd like to remind you guys why there isn't any spawn protection.

With spawn protection, players who enter the game after round time have an invincibility mode. And this frustrates players as well.
be the best version of yourself, that's all you can do.
Honestly guys, sniper servers rarely have spawn protection (and for good reason). I understand that many of you probably haven't experienced sniper servers like that before, but being able to shoot people at the start of the round, (or instead getting to cover first) is a part of skill. The spawn protection that you want is a way of dumbing down the gameplay just like removing friendly fire and block (except it's often worse).

If anything, it seems clear that these maps were not designed with spawn protection in mind.

That's not even mentioning the effect it has on late spawners (making them invincible).

If there is an agreement to re-enable spawn protection, I recommend that it lasts no longer than 2 seconds (max), and that it will not be activated for late spawners (people who join around about 10 seconds late in a round).
[Image: 2ntzjn7.png]
silly (no sound): you need to learn
Zero: i taught you
silly (no sound): how to be cool like me
Zero: you knifed me when i retired
silly (no sound): I have hopes for you
silly (no sound): to be my apprentice
silly (no sound): my prodigy
silly (no sound): to carry on my legacy
silly (no sound): good luck padawan
silly (no sound): may the force be with you
Zero: lol
Zero: why you make it sound that you are never coming back alive master?
Zero: Tongue
silly (no sound): I will
silly (no sound): when you're ready
silly (no sound): to show me what you've learnt
silly (no sound): when you're a jedi
The 5 seconds of spawn protection is quite amazing to have. If it were possible to allow the spawn protection and not allow the late spawners to get it then we would have something. If we cannot achieve both then I would prefer to not have it period. The late spawn protection was abused so much. People would reconnect on purpose knowing they could get 2-3 easy kills thus earning them points cheaply. I haven't played a ton since this change. Although what time I have played, the lack of spawn protection didn't make a considerable difference.
Is this thing on?

[Image: 11qid6d.jpg]