Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Evaluate new computer build
joker8baller Wrote:Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3 LGA115 Intel Z68 HDMI Sata 6GB/s USB3.0 ATX Intel
Not the best choice.
[Image: bxj6gaq99c9hyvinfkvn.jpg]
[Image: w0l5y0.png]
MindHACKer Wrote:
joker8baller Wrote:Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3 LGA115 Intel Z68 HDMI Sata 6GB/s USB3.0 ATX Intel
Not the best choice.
What's wrong with it?

Scored pretty high on all the reviews I had, and Tomshardware swore by it... What's another good option?
[Image: JokerSig.jpg]
MindHACKer Wrote:
Not the best choice.

It's a good board, not sure what this TouchBios shit is about though. I think you'd be hard pushed to find a better board at the low price. You could go a bit higher price range and shell out for an Asus Rampage board, but I don't think it's worth the money.
If you read this, you suck.
joker8baller Wrote:What's another good option?
ASUS P9X79 DELUXE
[Image: TSpPTup7WBfGuY42_500.jpg]
ftw. New DIGI+ Power Control, SSD caching (SO FUCKING AWESOME!!!!)
[glow=red,2,300]A dream Board[/glow]
^^ That's about £100 more expensive than the Gigabyte one.
Boards more expensive than my processor, heatsink, and ram combined...

Keep in mind I'm operating on a budget here...
You know when i bought my board, it was the best, but now its not...
you should always keep in mind that technology is always upgraded, and with time New becomes Old, so you wanna buy a board that lives longer, & can run smoothly with the latest software releases.

EDIT: my board IS more expensive than my processor, now whats cool is that i can upgrade it with new hardware easily without the need to replace it (wasting a lot of money), cuz as you should know, the motherboard is the most important piece of ur PC.
MindHACKer Wrote:ftw. New DIGI+ Power Control, SSD caching (SO FUCKING AWESOME!!!!)
[glow=red,2,300]A dream Board[/glow]
I bet you're typing it with one hand...
[Image: jqmd52.png][Image: Craack.gif]
MindHACKer Wrote:You know when i bought my board, it was the best, but now its not...
you should always keep in mind that technology is always upgraded, and with time New becomes Old, so you wanna buy a board that lives longer, & can run smoothly with the latest software releases.

EDIT: my board IS more expensive than my processor, now whats cool is that i can upgrade it with new hardware easily without the need to replace it (wasting a lot of money), cuz as you should know, the motherboard is the most important piece of ur PC.

Yeah but the rig he's lined himself up with will allow him to play games at full spec long enough for him to get his moneys worth. Plus, LGA1115 is a highly compatible socket. He'll be able to upgrade to an i7 processor on the same socket, and then overclock that. So the board he's shopping for will last him 4+ years, roughly meaning he's spending £25 a year on that motherboard, at the highest. If he decides to update to a later i7 when the i9s get released (therefore pushing down the i7 price) he'll be able to OC to 4+ghz per core. That's fucking insane speeds.
Quick question

GTX570 or 580?

$150 price difference. Looks like 15% better. Thinking the g570.