Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fix CS:S NoSteam Client Crashing, 12/29/11
I've heard some people talking about their game crashing when joining servers. Mine was doing this too, starting today out of nowhere. There is a new aviara patch that fixed this problem for me though and everything is working fine again. If you are having any problems with the servers, try this updated version of their v69  patch they released a few days ago. Just put in counter-strike: source folder and extract right over your existing aviara or setti csConfused install.

Patch: http://ifile.it/k4j2oeg/CSS_BETA_v8_pat ... c-2011.exe
More Info: http://www.aviara.ro/forum/http://wlsit ... 825#p49825

Edit: Aviara has released yet another patch to address these bugs, I've changed the links.
"Most people think time is like a river, that flows swift and sure in one direction. But I have seen the face of time, and I can tell you, they are wrong. Time is an ocean in a storm."
Yeah. Yesterday was okay  :o but just happen today.
Thanks
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[Image: 74pkdcefk45p0ob8e76j.gif]
[Image: 164962_208.png]
Thanks for the patch naive  ;D
I need to get a life.
Give all the credit to revcrew, w4rkr4f7. (aviara) and b00bs (setti), I just post links to their work, they do all the hard stuff. I think w4rkr4f7. visits here and plays on war-lords from time to time, if thats true he should speak up!
"Most people think time is like a river, that flows swift and sure in one direction. But I have seen the face of time, and I can tell you, they are wrong. Time is an ocean in a storm."
I hope you are right with this one Naive, i just converted to using Orangebox, if this patch doesnt work, well i dont know what to say.

Also the crash problem apparently has something to do with a certain file used in the DM servers/mod not being in the patch. Thats what i gathered from uninstalling and reinstalling and then repatching, and then snopping the steam tech forums for the error that was being caused, once again this patch better do its job.

edit: Um yea, the AVaira patch is smaller than the setti patch(which was released today as of my checking the setti website), also when i patched the Avaira over orangebox it kept giving me the insecure mode error, no matter what i did to get around that it still gave me that error, this leads me to believe that the aviara patch is either 1. not reverse compatible with the setti version, or that the Avaira patch is not updated from the original release or fully updated for the crash fix.
"Ignorance is Bliss"- Sima Yi from DW6
Josh, try restarting your computer, try using the .bat file in your counter-strike folder to launch csConfused. You may have to copy the steamclient.dll to your bin folder from the "more info" link i posted also.
I did that, nothing happened. so i uninstalled, and grabbed the setti patch that boobs released it says today.
I still get crashes, only now its right when im about to connect to  a server.
Whats up ppl! Are these patches working fixes or just BS?
Im sorry, but i tried both patches, and both of them dont do anything, i still get random crashes when playing on a server.
"Ignorance is Bliss"- Sima Yi from DW6
Josh, you're not the only one experiencing these problems still. Aviara released another patch within the past few hours, I would try this one, it looks like it replaces the steamclient.dll and some other files that you may have had to do manually with the beta 7 patch.

http://ifile.it/k4j2oeg/CSS_BETA_v8_pat ... c-2011.exe

What are the exact errors you are getting?
Thanks Naive. I ♥ U Dude...
wrong post.LOOOOOOL
[Image: 1UH9a8H.png]

[Image: 5pfuEDP.gif]