Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Arrow To The Knee
That's not what I was doing at all... you must have started ignoring me halfway through my first post here.  What I'm really saying is, the graphics to content ratio is disproportionate. The meme isn't necessarily related, I was just making a remark about how they snuck in the meme as a measure of compensation.  But they probably didn't intend for it to become a meme... although they had to be aware that having everyone say that same thing would be noticed by the players eventually... could have been intended as a kind of viral marketing thing.
Schlacko Wrote:That's not what I was doing at all... you must have started ignoring me halfway through my first post here.  What I'm really saying is, the graphics to content ratio is disproportionate. The meme isn't necessarily related, I was just making a remark about how they snuck in the meme as a measure of compensation.  But they probably didn't intend for it to become a meme... although they had to be aware that having everyone say that same thing would be noticed by the players eventually... could have been intended as a kind of viral marketing thing.

That's actually exactly what your post seemed to suggest. And I don't think they intended for this to happen, let alone to use it as a marketing tool. Using a line repeated by every single guard as a joke on the internet has happened before with no intention from Bethesda, it's not surprising that it has happened again. It wouldn't make sense for Bethesda to intend to make such an annoying line a popular internet meme, as it rather hurts the reputation of their game rather than help it, as demonstrated by people such as yourself. And considering that Skyrim already had enough attention and hype surrounding it, it really wouldn't be necessary to advertise further in such a silly way. You also continue to state that the content in Skyrim is disappointingly small, which is not what I have found in my experiences with the game, and I'm sure many others who have played the game extensively would agree with me.