Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Iceworld Deathmatch into War3Source
Matt Wrote:So I've decided because of the inactivity of this server it will be replaced with War3Source due to popular demand. I would like to suss out a few things and get some community input on the direction to take on it.

Here are a couple of ideas I was thinking of doing to it:
  • Deathmatch
  • mp_fraglimit (50 kills?)
  • Fast play maps
  • Frag Win plugin tied to fraglimit
  • Single map, small rotation or a massive rotation
  • If Deathmatch, use Cash instead of Gold

The last WC3 server we had tanked and I think it needs to be discussed on how to avoid it happening again.
  • Too hard for new players? Should the EXP have to be re-earn't every map change?
  • Lack of content? To have custom races or to keep stock?

The frag win plugin is a bit up in the air, it all depends if I can get a hold of it as it is a private plugin that requires money to use. Maybe a member or Bison will code it. It basically keeps tracks of how many times a player has won the map and shows it instead of the Wins/Loss screen at the end of a map.

I might be wrong, but you're assuming there's a large enough target group of War3Source players who knows how your ideas might affect its gameplay. I only remembered a few guys, particularly James, who was pushing for this. Furthermore, it has been awhile since War3Source server was on.

I'd suggest find a proper time where you can get some of the regulars(old and new) and admins to do an hour trial-run on the server. At least we'll get a feel of how your proposed ideas are like. That way, our suggestions can be more constructive. IMO.

Anyway, count me in if you're actually planning the trial-run. The last time i've played Warcraft-like server was in 1.6 and I only remembered lightning coming out of my hands or something.
be the best version of yourself, that's all you can do.
BaNaNaMaN Wrote:
Riser` Wrote:Make a bhop server instead Wink
+1
+1 to this sugg^^

but ill come up with a JailBreak server, which is being a success server to other gamming communities, so should we get both? lol
[Image: 1UH9a8H.png]

[Image: 5pfuEDP.gif]
Quote:JailBreak server

Now that I remember war-loks.net doesn't have this. This is the only thing that is missing.
[Image: 1qs5g7.png]