Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Piracy Is Not Stealing
alright so ive been doing some research on line about piracys to give me something to do and i have learned that piracy is not stealing there for we are not breaking copyright unless you are making money of this

HOW you say well stealing is taking the orig of it piracy is just copying the orig so there for not stealing people being put in jail for copyright in certian terms they should not be going to jail

terms
if you make money off any thing thank has copyright protection on it like movies tv shows games etc. then that is  copy right but if your just taking it for personal use this is not illegal according to the law the feds are trying to and success bend the copyright law to saw that any one that didnt buy there prodect is STEALING thus is a arrestable offense this therefore is un law full going back a decade when people use to record to vhs tapes tapes those were good times lol my family use to record tv shows movies and other good stuff like that no one ever called them for piracy we would share the recording with people as well no one ever thought this was piracy so now every thing went digital nothing has really changed except how we record the tv show or wat ever but we have a shit load more people to share it with we are just sharing

i just looked up the word piracy
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Piracy Wrote:Piracy is an act of robbery or criminal violence
this was ment for old pirates but seriously so tech we are not pirating stuff we are peer to peer sharing 

well this is all i got for now hope you enjoyed reading
so, it means that you downloaded something, and you use it but you don't sell it, you not going to be in trouble for this?
I would say it's just as wrong to do as capitalism.  8)
[Image: bloodlustheronormalfist.png][Image: 339672_10.png][Image: 6fgpoub.gif]
[Image: decreasedbisonpostyay.png]
PaSS Wrote:alright so ive been doing some research on line about piracys to give me something to do and i have learned that piracy is not stealing there for we are not breaking copyright unless you are making money of this

This isn't true. Violation of copyright law has nothing to do with profit and everything to do with copying a work without the original copyright owner giving you the right to copy it.

PaSS Wrote:HOW you say well stealing is taking the orig of it piracy is just copying the orig so there for not stealing people being put in jail for copyright in certian terms they should not be going to jail

People generally don't go to jail unless they cause provable felony level damages. Copyright is currently mostly governed civilly, so it's a matter of lawsuit for the most part, not jail time.

PaSS Wrote:terms
if you make money off any thing thank has copyright protection on it like movies tv shows games etc. then that is  copy right but if your just taking it for personal use this is not illegal

There are some exceptions under Fair Use, but it's a grey area and doesn't fly most of the time.

PaSS Wrote:according to the law the feds are trying to and success bend the copyright law to saw that any one that didnt buy there prodect is STEALING thus is a arrestable offense

No. Saying it's stealing is just fad to dissuade people from sharing things they like. They don't argue theft in court, just monetary damages from royalties unpaid.

PaSS Wrote:this therefore is un law full going back a decade when people use to record to vhs tapes tapes those were good times

It was still a violation of copyright law.

PaSS Wrote:lol my family use to record tv shows movies and other good stuff like that no one ever called them for piracy

That's because how was anyone supposed to know you did that? Even if someone reported you, the likelihood that any media company would go out of their way to bust you for taping "Little House on the Prairie" was beyond unlikely at the time.

PaSS Wrote:we would share the recording with people as well no one ever thought this was piracy so now every thing went digital nothing has really changed except how we record the tv show or wat ever but we have a shit load more people to share it with we are just sharing

That's what a lot of us are saying, but that's the problem to these companies. Sharing on a mass scale. This is a threat to their monopoly and like any greedy company tends to do, they want to keep that monopoly and lobby the government to preserve it.

PaSS Wrote:i just looked up the word piracy
[Quote=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Piracy]Piracy is an act of robbery or criminal violence
this was meant for old pirates but seriously so tech we are not pirating stuff we are peer to peer sharing

Piracy is a more recent negative term for people who violate copyright law, in particular, digitally. It was created to spawn a negative attitude towards infringers, just like calling it stealing. It makes people think that something that is and has been a natural thing for humans to do since their beginning is somehow fundamentally wrong.

In recent years, due to The Pirate Bay and groups like the Pirate Party, piracy has become a term that is adopted out of pride in some groups. I know that I am proud to be a pirate who sails the high cyber seas. Have been doing so online for 13 years and for many years prior to that right down to recording music off the radio on cassette tapes.
[Image: stalker_2011.png]
Acquiring information without permission *is* stealing. Anything that can be owned, can be stolen. If I break into your dads computer and take those nude pictures of your mom and spread them around your town, would you consider that stealing?
"Most people think time is like a river, that flows swift and sure in one direction. But I have seen the face of time, and I can tell you, they are wrong. Time is an ocean in a storm."
Is this thread a joke? Because if you are serious...well
[Image: strongest%20face%20palm.jpg]

I was going to break down the OP but seems like leo have already done it.
pTK Wrote:Never a cheater, but could be a cheater, Once a cheater, less likely legiter. Ruplayer you bitter, You gotta admit everyone's a commiter.
had a friend in canada, told me he could download all the shit he wants legally, as long as he doesnt make money off it, stuff like photoshop n dreamweaver. best stuff to pirate. argh
Helmut^ : Black dont act as if you don't wall
B L A C K D Y N A M I T E : lol record me
Helmut^ Confusedo you can pretend like you cant see people through walls? no thanks

*DEAD* Helmut : chun is such bullshit
*DEAD* Helmut : lmfao
*DEAD* Helmut : what a fucking joke

Helmut: you're so full of shit chun
ChuN*BWP*: then your bad dude...
Helmut: right kid
If you're gonna pirate, the pirate. Don't try to justify it if you think it's bad.

Personally, I have no problem with "piracy" what-so-ever. Share and share alike. Just don't plagiarize.
[Image: stalker_2011.png]
leo Wrote:If you're gonna pirate, the pirate. Don't try to justify it if you think it's bad.

Personally, I have no problem with "piracy" what-so-ever. Share and share alike. Just don't plagiarize.

I agree. If you're gonna steal, at least recognize that your stealing. This helps you to become a better thief Smile
"Most people think time is like a river, that flows swift and sure in one direction. But I have seen the face of time, and I can tell you, they are wrong. Time is an ocean in a storm."
Piracy is not Theft, It's Piracy.  Smile

Attached Files

Thumbnail(s)