Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
admin abuse, ruplayer
You mean F10?
[Image: JokerSig.jpg]
Nah, Assassin has a different keyboard, F11 is his hax key.
Assassin baits his teammates in the head, so he's more like extra weight for any team lol
[Image: jqmd52.png][Image: Craack.gif]
Hey naive  Smile
naive Wrote:Silly, if an admin says like.. rush b.. and you rush a. That's not grounds for punishment or anything.

Only ignoring admins when it comes to something pertaining to the rules of the server would it be punished. Almost the only case in which I ever see punishment for "ignoring admin" being utilized is in these team switching cases. Everything else can be handled directly based on the specific rule they broke(mute/slay/etc). There's no "lock person to team" option so if they want to try to override the admins team placement by just ignoring and switching back and forth, it can be very annoying to combat and balance teams. I think the way we all interpret the rule of ignoring admin is pretty much the same way you are saying you want it to be, it's actually kind of more specific the the name leads you to believe.
I know quite a few admins have disagreed with me so far, but yeah I understand what you're saying, and I agree with most of it, but in some situations it seems like people are actually given harsher penalties just for ignoring an admin.

For example, the MOTD states that people who repeatedly stack will have "their points adjusted, points completely reset, or gameme tracking disabled for their account." However  in some situations people are getting much harsher punishments simply for ignoring an admin who decided to switch them. In this circumstance, it's not because they are continuing to break a lesser rule that they have received an increased punishment, it is because they have ignored an admin.

As I see it, admins are supposed to simply be a means to an end. Their power only exists for them to enforce rules and keep peace. But in circumstances like the example I gave earlier, it's like we're saying that they can't be questioned (I couldn't seem to find the right word there). There is no other reason for the increased penalty.

Also, I'm not going to get into whether or not it's fair to switch people to different teams without their consent, it's definitely debatable. But even in the MOTD it doesn't mention anything about being switched around. There's already a penalty for stacking.

Hi tea
Mr.Tea Wrote:My point is your trying to change the rules to confront a problem that doesn't exist.

Your poking at ignoring admins is not a valid reason to be punished, but ignore that the case you are using as the example the admin was enforcing a rule.  99% of the time ignoring admin is when they notify the player they are violating the rule.  The other 1% the admin is usually relieved of his privileges, as you elaborate and naive reinforces.
I disagree and think that it does exist, he wasn't really enforcing the rule. The rule was that people who repeatedly stack will have "their points adjusted, points completely reset, or gameme tracking disabled for their account". But I know that quite a few admins switch people around.

Mr.Tea Wrote:Your tone implies a lot.  I know my reaction is all probably because me not caring for your writing style or tone. I would say my tone is very abrasive in my responses, but your trying to identify a problem that isn't there.
How do you expect me to react, after you say in my own thread: "Feeling de ja vu in this thread.  Please refrain from drawing this out into a philosophical discussion"? Plus there were the incorrect assumptions that you made earlier about my motives. Before that there was no unfriendliness in my tone.

Mr.Tea Wrote:This is irritating because ru and myself put up with a lot of shit on a daily basis and when we try to bring civility to the game these admin abuse threads come, mostly unwarranted.
Look, I'm sure both of you have done a lot of good things as admins and that you have gotten some unwarranted admin abuse threads.

Mr.Tea Wrote:If you read old abuse threads you would see when admins overstep their bounds root/seniors correct the problem and a new precedent is set.
Ok, I'm sure that root admins/seniors have improved methods/rules. What about it?

Mr.Tea Wrote:Its de ja vu, because I feel you take everything far to literal and you don't see the intent behind what is written.  Point in case, your response to Matt misses his intent completely.
Haha, it can be very hard to not take things literally and to misinterpret people when there are only words and no visible emotion.

Maybe I misunderstood what he said, but I found it to be quite ambiguous. Anyways, I have a lot of appreciation for the guy and I don't really want to get into an argument with him caught in between.

Hi iSpy
-[ex]iSpy- Wrote:when i join server, i look into the score board and join the losing team. i increase  8-12% the chance of team to win. i dont really balance the team when i play 16-3, 15-4 thats not a bad score at all, if we balance the score all the time then we lost the spirit of the game. most players on 24/7 dust move there selves to a losing team because of the reason to be on top of the score board or maybe matured enough to play this game.

once admin moved you to a losing team, be proud that he knows that youre good,or maybe he just want to fck you more.

on his case, he wants to join t side but the team is full. then ruplayer moved him into t side and he keep killing him self every round to move to ct team, hmmm, i think he tried to show ruplayer that he made a bad decission on mill map to balance the team thats why he act like  smart on nuke map.
I really like what you've said, and I agree. But about the guy: Maybe he was being smart/trying to make a point, but so what?
[Image: 2ntzjn7.png]
silly (no sound): you need to learn
Zero: i taught you
silly (no sound): how to be cool like me
Zero: you knifed me when i retired
silly (no sound): I have hopes for you
silly (no sound): to be my apprentice
silly (no sound): my prodigy
silly (no sound): to carry on my legacy
silly (no sound): good luck padawan
silly (no sound): may the force be with you
Zero: lol
Zero: why you make it sound that you are never coming back alive master?
Zero: Tongue
silly (no sound): I will
silly (no sound): when you're ready
silly (no sound): to show me what you've learnt
silly (no sound): when you're a jedi
The team stacker rule you are quoting is not intended for map stacking (a map exploit).  The team stacker rule is/was intended for 666, 555, and friends.  They were clan stacking on low player maps to get many bomb plants/hostage rescues/bomb defuses.

So, who are the 1% and what have they done to over step there bounds?  If there is a problem why are you beating around the bush on admin abuse.  Let it out via the forums or pm'ing a root.  Ru player was attempting to balance the map because numerous players were map stacking the easy side to exploit the map.  Completely, within the guidelines of the rules and precedents set in previous admin abuse threads.  What you attention to is that an ambiguous "Ignoring Admins will not be tolerated" is necessary.  It should be added to the MOTD, because most of the punishments in-game is a player ignoring admins ques to follow a certain rule.  All of my short-term bans is because a player was ignoring me and yes they were violating a rule.  (*note i'm purely poking fun now.) 

Is it really appropriate to make a point in-game against an admin?  Don't really think that is appropriate venue or sensible thing to do.  Most of the time a warning or explanation is given to a player of why it is inappropriate.
silly Wrote:Maybe he was being smart/trying to make a point, but so what?

Yeah, he was being smart and was stacking to make a point, but so what? Other people turn on cheats, because others are cheating(in their opinion) and admins don't do nothing, they want to make a point too, but so what?

If you want to make a point, you go on forums and post. If you want to make a  point in game by stacking, cheating, trolling back, spamming back, etc. - you get banned and in the end of the day still going on forums to appeal and make a point.
[Image: jqmd52.png][Image: Craack.gif]
what's the point of getting points on game me? we are not going to get money for it  :o
}{@K@P Wrote:what's the point of getting points on game me? we are not going to get money for it  :o
+1, could you  imagine if we get money from points on gameme?LOL
[Image: 1UH9a8H.png]

[Image: 5pfuEDP.gif]
DRUNK_KILLER Wrote:
}{@K@P Wrote:what's the point of getting points on game me? we are not going to get money for it  :o
yeah, i will play in wl servers like 24/7! Big Grin
}{@K@P Wrote:
DRUNK_KILLER Wrote:
yeah, i will play in wl servers like 24/7! Big Grin
lol true, why would we work? if we would get free money while having fun hahaha
[Image: 1UH9a8H.png]

[Image: 5pfuEDP.gif]