Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Beauty of Doubt
Evolution itself is not just a theory, it is a fact. We utilize evolution on a daily basis, the foods you eat, the pets you have, it's all easily demonstrably fact. Any domestic animal you see is a daily reminder that we as a human race have been manipulating the evolution of the creatures around us for thousands of years. We have changed our entire biosphere through the plants our farmers grow, their seeds are spread and the genetics we selected prosper far greater.

Complexity is not a symbol of intelligent design. Evolution and natural selection is incredibly good at adapting to virtually any complex requirements if given enough time to adapt.  Evolution is only a theory when you claim that it is how humans were created. We can't know that external forces didn't come down and modify the genetics of a standard houseplant to create the human race according to their own desires, but we can know that it is at least possible for humans to have evolved from single cell organisms which could have been created in our planets oceans at chance. We have created the building blocks of life by shaking chemicals at various rates with each other to emulate the primordial soup. Given enough time, on a planetary scale, its highly probable life would emerge from the amino acids that would have been created by the chemicals present during the early days of earths formation.

People have raised hundreds of generations of foxes and using natural selection methods of only allowing the least aggressive ones of each generation to breed with each other we have domesticated them. The result was a heavily complex adaptation based on the factors that we selected, genetics and natural selection is especially good at explaining complex systems, because you can create a desired outcome without needing to understand any of the factors to achieve that outcome. It turns out that the domestic foxes have all kinds of different hormonal levels, their colors are different, their ears droop, and all kinds of things. Now that they have been forceful evolved to our goals they could likely become common household animals, and become a far more prosperous species than the ones living in the wild. Evolution is simply real, sorry.

Even if you believe that a god created man, you have to accept that this natural force does exist. I don't see why you can't just justify that evolution may be the tool that a higher power has used to form humanity anyways. Does trying to understand parts of the natural world actually detract from a higher powers possible influence on it? I think that if god really does exist, he would get a kick out of people trying to figure the world out, not view it as sacrilege. Just because something may have been "intelligently designed", doesn't mean the recipe can't be understood. I personally feel that rejecting evolutions natural beauty is a shame to the natural world that your god may have actually created, wouldn't your god want you to appreciate such a beautiful thing?
"Most people think time is like a river, that flows swift and sure in one direction. But I have seen the face of time, and I can tell you, they are wrong. Time is an ocean in a storm."
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IswgfzYv8ys[/youtube]
[Image: jqmd52.png][Image: Craack.gif]
ruplayer Wrote:[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IswgfzYv8ys[/youtube]
Why did you post this here? Trolling? Don't.
[Image: 2ntzjn7.png]
silly (no sound): you need to learn
Zero: i taught you
silly (no sound): how to be cool like me
Zero: you knifed me when i retired
silly (no sound): I have hopes for you
silly (no sound): to be my apprentice
silly (no sound): my prodigy
silly (no sound): to carry on my legacy
silly (no sound): good luck padawan
silly (no sound): may the force be with you
Zero: lol
Zero: why you make it sound that you are never coming back alive master?
Zero: Tongue
silly (no sound): I will
silly (no sound): when you're ready
silly (no sound): to show me what you've learnt
silly (no sound): when you're a jedi