Zero: you knifed me when i retired
silly (no sound): I have hopes for you
silly (no sound): to be my apprentice
silly (no sound): my prodigy
silly (no sound): to carry on my legacy
silly (no sound): good luck padawan
silly (no sound): may the force be with you
Zero: lol
Zero: why you make it sound that you are never coming back alive master?
Zero: Tongue
silly (no sound): I will
silly (no sound): when you're ready
silly (no sound): to show me what you've learnt
silly (no sound): when you're a jedi
To each is own. But I have one word in response: Faith

I don't have the need nor want to have a debate in this issue.

The one thing that comes to my mind is this.

What if there is a God and his rule is that if you deny him, then he will do the same.
[Image: scary-cat-100.jpg]
Hey jay Smile
JayCat Wrote:To each is own. But I have one word in response: Faith

I don't have the need nor want to have a debate in this issue.

The one thing that comes to my mind is this.

What if there is a God and his rule is that if you deny him, then he will do the same.
For me it's all about evidence really, and faith is defined as belief in something for which there is not evidence of. It's not that I'm actively or angrily denying that God is real, there's just no reason (evidence) for me to believe that he exists. Also, a god who reacts to people's disbelief in him by punishing them with eternal torture doesn't seem like a very nice, or merciful god to me. But if he really does exist, maybe he should make it more obvious?

It's perfectly ok, you don't have to debate about this if you don't want to.

But I do find that this video can apply to many things other than religion though. It's about having the ability to question things that you are not sure of, and having the ability to be skeptical when you think that some things "don't add up", instead of believing in something just because that's what you were taught, or because "everyone else does".
[Image: 2ntzjn7.png]
silly (no sound): you need to learn
Zero: i taught you
silly (no sound): how to be cool like me
One evidence is yourself look at yourself in the mirror and think about the how is the made through a long process fetus goes through many phases and at his/her body cycle, if you say its created by nature then if you want to create a boat to cross a river do you wait for the nature to make it for you? i dont think so.
Try to answer this:
Which comes first the chicken or the egg? lol
The theory of evolution states that species change over time via mutation and sexual reproduction. Since DNA can be modified only before birth, a mutation must have taken place at conception or within an egg such that an animal similar to a chicken, but not a chicken, laid the first chicken eggs. These eggs then hatched into chickens that inbred to produce a living population. Hence, in this light, both the chicken and the structure of its egg evolved simultaneously from birds that, while not of the same exact species, gradually became more and more like present-day chickens over time.
[Image: jmchoooiumxgp4oyra5.png][Image: 4im0y2kvr2yk2v2nr7.png]

http://war-lords.net/flamez/matt-4838/m ... n#msg34895
^^^^ Click and say Thank you to the guys who keep
this shit going.NOW^^^^

naive Wrote:I've fallen asleep cuddling a laptop before, don't judge me.
SpartanOnLSD Wrote:The theory of evolution states that species change over time via mutation and sexual reproduction. Since DNA can be modified only before birth, a mutation must have taken place at conception or within an egg such that an animal similar to a chicken, but not a chicken, laid the first chicken eggs. These eggs then hatched into chickens that inbred to produce a living population. Hence, in this light, both the chicken and the structure of its egg evolved simultaneously from birds that, while not of the same exact species, gradually became more and more like present-day chickens over time.
I dont agree with this because, the theory of evolution is just a theory it hasnt been proven and it wasnt observed which means there is no evidence.
read On the Origin of Species. Darwin makes some good points in his book. One thing i do want to quote is this...

"No amount of experimentation can ever prove me right; a single experiment can prove me wrong." -Einstein
[Image: jmchoooiumxgp4oyra5.png][Image: 4im0y2kvr2yk2v2nr7.png]

http://war-lords.net/flamez/matt-4838/m ... n#msg34895
^^^^ Click and say Thank you to the guys who keep
this shit going.NOW^^^^

naive Wrote:I've fallen asleep cuddling a laptop before, don't judge me.
I have a feeling that a lot of what I say isn't going to be understood very well
Sad oh well...  Wink

Hey assassin,
Assassin Wrote:One evidence is yourself look at yourself in the mirror and think about the how is the made through a long process fetus goes through many phases and at his/her body cycle, if you say its created by nature then if you want to create a boat to cross a river do you wait for the nature to make it for you? i dont think so.
Try to answer this:
Which comes first the chicken or the egg? lol
The boats that we make are intelligently designed, yeah Smile
but what reason do you have to say that humans are intelligently designed too?
We have evidence that boats were intelligently designed, but not that we were.

I have good reason to believe that humans were designed by genetic mutations and natural selection over time (that is what evolution is)

Here's the basics of evolution: http://war-lords.net/open-chat/basic-macro-(large-scale)-evolution

Spartan had a great answer to your chicken/egg question, I was impressed Smile

Assassin Wrote:
SpartanOnLSD Wrote:The theory of evolution states that species change over time via mutation and sexual reproduction. Since DNA can be modified only before birth, a mutation must have taken place at conception or within an egg such that an animal similar to a chicken, but not a chicken, laid the first chicken eggs. These eggs then hatched into chickens that inbred to produce a living population. Hence, in this light, both the chicken and the structure of its egg evolved simultaneously from birds that, while not of the same exact species, gradually became more and more like present-day chickens over time.
I dont agree with this because, the theory of evolution is just a theory it hasnt been proven and it wasnt observed which means there is no evidence.
Gravity is also "just a theory", as is electricity, as is medical science (which provides cures for many disease/illnesses). [Image: 6a00d8341cb34753ef0147e3c24278970b-800wi]

But according to evidence, each of these theories "fit" reality.

An example of natural selection: [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LyRA807djLc[/youtube]

And: [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFOW6UxHRLE[/youtube]

Artificial selection (human influenced evolution) [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVSJNhUhV-4[/youtube]

You know cancer right? The many different types of cancer are examples of genetic mutations that went out of hand.

So basically, the mutations happen randomly, or by natural mutagens (things like radiation, x rays, or some chemicals which can change the structure of DNA). That's why a lot of people try to stay out of the sun when it's very hot, because they want to avoid UV radiation from the sun, because it can mutate the DNA in their skin cells and cause skin cancer (which can kill them!).

And then natural, or artificial selection happens over time. The creatures who are best suited to survive (those who have had good mutations which have helped them, are more likely to survive than those who have had bad mutations). And logically, those who survive the longest, will most likely have the most children/offspring. So, their DNA will be passed on through the generations, until better mutations occur, and that new mutated DNA gets passed down. That process happens over time (days, months, years, thousands of years, millions), until the creature at the end of the process may very well be unrecognisable from the original creature at the start of the process.

What part of that do you disagree with?
silly Wrote:The boats that we make are intelligently designed, yeah Smile

what reason? well lets take another example, alot of the houses and facilities such as offices, banks, etc have alarms for different situations for fire for example, but why is that?
of course to attract attention that there is a fire so that it can be extinguished, or in case of robbery if someone breaks into a bank or a house the alarm will go on to show tell the residents that the something is wrong and that someone has broke in isnt that intelligently designed too?
the same applies for the body, why do you have fever when you get sick? its for different reason but one of those reasons is that ''It is a sign that lets us know that our body is working against the infection or sickness''
just like a fire alarm. And why do you feel pain?
Pain is a sign that let you know that your body took some damage for something or you are sick or there is something wrong.
if this is not enough then lets take another example, the human body have alot of functions that shows how it was intelligently designed, for example how does the brain or your eyes functions  if you were to look at a picture or an object:

http://www.ehow.com/how-does_5471138_br ... mages.html

whether humans were made by mutations or not, i believe the human body is intelligently designed, the processes of the human body are complex and we still dont know all about it with all technology we have now.

silly Wrote:Spartan had a great answer to your chicken/egg question, I was impressed Smile
Gravity is also "just a theory", as is electricity, as is medical science (which provides cures for many disease/illnesses).
darwin says that all the animals, plants, and humans are related by a common ancestor, ok then whats the origin of that ancestor? 
i asked that question about the chicken and agg for this purpose.
As for the gravity, what is science ?

''Science is the concerted human effort to understand, or to understand better, the history of the natural world and how the natural world works, with observable physical evidence as the basis of that understanding. It is done through observation of natural phenomena, and/or through experimentation that tries to simulate natural processes under controlled conditions.''

Iits true that  gravity was a theory too, but gravity has been proven by science, and science deals with facts and alot of the scientific facts were based on the gravity the same goes for the electricity. 
While the evolution is a theory had many evidences to be proven wrong and doesnt have a reliable evidence to support it heres what i mean :

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-0j_quqUCE[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrWMxBrgPpM&feature=related[/youtube]

how do create something out of nothing? were you created by nothing? or did you create yourself? where did nature come from? and where did the universe come from? big bang? then where did the explosion come from? who controls life and death?

the more you try to think about it the more questions you will come across, and all leds to the presence of a supreme power.

ps: that is my opinion i dont mean any disrespect to anyone and i dont mean to offend anyone, apologies if it offended anyone as i had mentioned before i had no intention to offend anyone.
Hey kabab Smile
Assassin Wrote:
silly Wrote:The boats that we make are intelligently designed, yeah Smile

Assassin Wrote:what reason? well lets take another example, alot of the houses and facilities such as offices, banks, etc have alarms for different situations for fire for example, but why is that?
of course to attract attention that there is a fire so that it can be extinguished, or in case of robbery if someone breaks into a bank or a house the alarm will go on to show tell the residents that the something is wrong and that someone has broke in isnt that intelligently designed too?
the same applies for the body, why do you have fever when you get sick? its for different reason but one of those reasons is that ''It is a sign that lets us know that our body is working against the infection or sickness''
just like a fire alarm. And why do you feel pain?
Pain is a sign that let you know that your body took some damage for something or you are sick or there is something wrong.
Yes assassin, and all of this is easily explained by genetic mutations and natural selection. Mutations occur and the bad ones are filtered out by natural selection, while the good ones are kept. This process of mutations and natural selection gradually leads up to the immune system and nervous system we can observe in present day humans.

Assassin Wrote:if this is not enough then lets take another example, the human body have alot of functions that shows how it was intelligently designed, for example how does the brain or your eyes functions  if you were to look at a picture or an object:
http://www.ehow.com/how-does_5471138_br ... mages.html
I also think that this can simply be explained by evolution.

Assassin Wrote:whether humans were made by mutations or not, i believe the human body is intelligently designed, the processes of the human body are complex and we still dont know all about it with all technology we have now.
So, are you saying that you don't believe in evolution but that you instead believe in creation (as in 7 day creation/whatever), or that you do believe in evolution, but that evolution was intentionally started by a god?

I guess at this point, there's not much else I can say. In my life, I have not come across any evidence of a god. There is no logical way to get from the fact that we are complicated to the idea of a creator. It doesn't logically follow. Besides, our complexity can be explained by the gradual progress of evolution. It makes sense to think that we got more and more complicated as time passed.

Assassin Wrote:
silly Wrote:Spartan had a great answer to your chicken/egg question, I was impressed Smile
Gravity is also "just a theory", as is electricity, as is medical science (which provides cures for many disease/illnesses).
darwin says that all the animals, plants, and humans are related by a common ancestor, ok then whats the origin of that ancestor? 
i asked that question about the chicken and agg for this purpose.
As for the gravity, what is science ?

Oh, well, that theory which you are talking about is called abiogenesis. It's different from evolution. Evolution does not explain the origin of life, it just explains what happens after life.
I have to admit that I haven't really researched it  :-\ Haha.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6QYDdgP9eg[/youtube]

Assassin Wrote:''Science is the concerted human effort to understand, or to understand better, the history of the natural world and how the natural world works, with observable physical evidence as the basis of that understanding. It is done through observation of natural phenomena, and/or through experimentation that tries to simulate natural processes under controlled conditions.''
Sounds good.

Assassin Wrote:Iits true that  gravity was a theory too, but gravity has been proven by science, and science deals with facts and alot of the scientific facts were based on the gravity the same goes for the electricity. 
It's interesting that Newton's original theory of gravity is no longer scientifically accepted, and that it has actually been replaced by Einstein's theory of gravity (included in the theory of general relativity).
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-p8yZYxNGc[/youtube]

But I think what you're trying to say is that evolution is just speculation, an unevidenced idea, a guess. I can understand why you might think that, but it's not the case. There are many types of evidence for evolution, including:

Genetic evidence:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edoJiUTqIsI [/youtube]

Fossil evidence:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPiw1nH4NZM[/youtube]

Radiometric dating evidence (measuring the age of rocks by their radiation):
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SxzfZ8bRO4[/youtube]

Vestigial structure evidence (parts of the body of humans and other creatures that are no longer used by them):
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBkiT0zyYm0[/youtube]
[Image: 6a00d8341bf67c53ef014e8756a18e970d-800wi-300x214.png]
The bottom fish is species of fish called the Mexican Tetra fish, it is completely blind, and it has no eyes, only eye sockets.

Or you could look at the human appendix.

Geographical distribution evidence
(I won't explain that here).

Embryological evidence: (how the embryos of creatures develop)
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAZmLYWEPGk[/youtube]

Genetic similarity evidence (The pattern of genetic similarity between different creatures).

Assassin Wrote:While the evolution is a theory had many evidences to be proven wrong and doesnt have a reliable evidence to support it heres what i mean
I just gave you some evidence that if you understand and research a bit more, you can only accept as good evidence.

Assassin Wrote:[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-0j_quqUCE[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrWMxBrgPpM&feature=related[/youtube]
About the first vid: I don't necessarily accept the big bang theory, because I don't totally understand it, but I'm sure there is some evidence for it. Not sure how good that evidence is though. But that's not important.

The point is that it is not either 1: The Big Bang theory is TRUE, or 2: God is TRUE. There's also 3: We don't know, and pretty much any other possibility that someone could think of, for instance: 4: Naruto created the universe with a trillion of his shadow clones (truthfully, for me it's about as logical as God).

Oh, and he made a lot of mistakes about evolution as well, I don't think he completely understands it.

About the second vid: Most of these people don't seem to know what they're talking about. One of the ladies says "the evidence doesn't speak for itself, we speak for it" and that "every piece of evidence matches scripture", I have issues with both of those statements. Then she goes on to say that we haven't been able to create precursors to life (DNA/other important cell structures) from putting lots of the right molecules into test tubes. She doesn't seem to understand just how unlikely/improbable that is supposed to be. I don't know the exact probability/chance that all of the the molecules align perfectly to create the ancestors to life, but it's extremelyemlyemly low. There is a very low chance that it will happen, so it doesn't mean much if we don't see it happen it test tubes. Too much to write, too tired now, it's late, hahaha. Won't stay on this vid much longer, but let me just say that these people say their biased opinions which aren't always in line with what scientific theories actually state. Or they just assume that "God did it" without any evidence, because they don't understand something.

Assassin Wrote:how do create something out of nothing? were you created by nothing? or did you create yourself? where did nature come from? and where did the universe come from? big bang? then where did the explosion come from? who controls life and death?
Science does not explain everything, it's not possible right now, and it might not ever be. But just because those things are not explained, does not automatically mean that "God did it". It doesn't logically follow. There is no evidence that God did it. A bunch of people just said "God did it", that's it.

Assassin Wrote:the more you try to think about it the more questions you will come across, and all leds to the presence of a supreme power.
Everything that we don't know leads to a supreme power? I thought it just lead to the fact that we have no idea? We don't know either way...

Assassin Wrote:ps: that is my opinion i dont mean any disrespect to anyone and i dont mean to offend anyone, apologies if it offended anyone as i had mentioned before i had no intention to offend anyone.
That's ok, I wasn't offended at all, don't mean to disrespect you either.

I thought you might also like to know how easy it is to change a creature by changing their DNA, so, a glow in the dark mouse:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=fvwp&v=sXM_WmwT2v4&NR=1[/youtube]
This mouse has been modified to have genes taken from glow in the dark species of jellyfish and coral.