Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Change the points system
}{@K@P Wrote:
DRUNK_KILLER Wrote:
Matt Wrote:Maybe it should be reset every 6 months or yearly. Start making it competitive again?
make some votes in game, and see what the players would say. (most of the players dont come here, thats why)
hmmmm not a good idea because most of the people who don't know english will vote on the first option

Which is NO, first option was <No>. Only one person voted for no, probably didn't speak English like you said.
[Image: jqmd52.png][Image: Craack.gif]
ruplayer Wrote:
}{@K@P Wrote:
DRUNK_KILLER Wrote:
Matt Wrote:Maybe it should be reset every 6 months or yearly. Start making it competitive again?
make some votes in game, and see what the players would say. (most of the players dont come here, thats why)
hmmmm not a good idea because most of the people who don't know english will vote on the first option
or people voted yes because they don't spend a lot of time there and they don't give a fuck if their points will get reset.....

Which is NO, first option was <No>. Only one person voted for no, probably didn't speak English like you said.
I would like to see a more competitive points ranking system that refreshes regularly like the SC 2 system (kind of like a ladder). It keeps the players engaged and not so discouraged because there's always a new cycle where you can improve. Maybe we can implement something like the top player (or top 2 or 3) get reserved spots and what not.

But I also don't want it to turn into a battle for best KDR, where everyone strays from the team aspects to save their ass and keep their ranks.
[Image: 88503_201.png]
[Image: 382_1002.png]
I've noticed other communities give the top 10 VIP, but it's probably something that would have to be coded manually.
Matt Wrote:I've noticed other communities give the top 10 VIP, but it's probably something that would have to be coded manually.
Give the top 10 reserved slots and swapmyteam ability? That way(being a high ranker, probably really good), they could easily switch teams if it gets stacked.

I would go around top 5 maybe. 10 reserved slots is a lot. I have some basic SourcePawn knowledge, I'm pretty sure its possible.

And I think it'd be awesome.
Since I don't really care about points, it doesn't matter anyway.
We should reset every 3 months like what RU suggested.
}{@K@P Wrote:NO!!!!!!!!!!! instead, you should ask only top10 people about game me reseting, because you have no idea how much time we spent there, and low points and low playing time people want to decide what do to with game me points..... pathetic!  :o
lol...
pTK Wrote:Never a cheater, but could be a cheater, Once a cheater, less likely legiter. Ruplayer you bitter, You gotta admit everyone's a commiter.
I think that in general the servers will lose popularity due to two psychological matters.

- The regulars including the top10 players, will feel like they've got a mission accomplished, and they will stop playing, and start seeking top positions on other servers excluding WL.
- Others that visit the servers Regularly will try to be in the Top10 but they'll probably stop knowing that eventually they'll lose their positions.

But that's just my opinion of course.
[Image: bxj6gaq99c9hyvinfkvn.jpg]
[Image: w0l5y0.png]
Riser` Wrote:Give the top 10 reserved slots and swapmyteam ability? That way(being a high ranker, probably really good), they could easily switch teams if it gets stacked.
What makes you think people like pishtim or ronus won't switch from team to team to their favor?(from losing to stacking)

Oh, and 3 months is a good time for reseting, 6 months is a lot of time, too much.
[Image: jqmd52.png][Image: Craack.gif]
ruplayer Wrote:
Riser` Wrote:Give the top 10 reserved slots and swapmyteam ability? That way(being a high ranker, probably really good), they could easily switch teams if it gets stacked.
What makes you think people like pishtim or ronus won't switch from team to team to their favor?(from losing to stacking)

Oh, and 3 months is a good time for reseting, 6 months is a lot of time, too much.

Swap teams shouldn't be given as it's a admin feature and they can abuse it just give them VIP and it's fine.
[Image: 1qs5g7.png]
ruplayer Wrote:

You're probably right.

What about a filter or something, !swapmyteam only works if current team score > opposing team score?

Also, I rarely play pop maps. I spend most of my time on the 24/7 servers. The top 10 on Office from my observation switches teams(or requests me to sometimes) when the other team is losing badly. I've never seen them actually stack teams.