Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A complaint from _Remix
Matt don't remove spwan protection......there are several maps in which teams stand face to face.
no protection means free kills.
[Image: mrpa43.png]
Dragon Wrote:Matt don't remove spwan protection......there are several maps in which teams stand face to face.
no protection means free kills.

This is true at least 2 seconds. In crazyjump if you don't move in 3 seconds then you're dead.
[Image: 1qs5g7.png]
Ended up writing a lot more than I intended, I guess I just really don't want spawn protection re-enabled. I don't even play css anymore.

Pretty much every sniper server I've ever played does not use spawn protection, unless freezetime is enabled. On each of those servers, it is up to each player to survive the round, including the beginning, middle, and end.
It is up to your coordination, reaction time, speed, and strategy to be able to avoid dying at the beginning of the round, or killing other people before they kill you.

I can't really think of a map in which I could not get to cover at the beginning of a map 95% of the time (without dying)

As I've played with spawn protection on warlords, I've noticed that it allows people to rush to certain positions at the beginning with no risk. It made it a lot easier for players to be able to get to important tactical positions, and to overwhelm other players who would ordinarily defend those postions. Also, there were many occassions in which it became a guessing game about how long to wait before shooting an enemy. Sometimes I would shoot fractions of a second too early, and then die less than a second later after the enemy was lucky enough to have gotten the right timing (shooting just after spawn protection disappeared).

I'll say it again, spawn protection makes it way too easy for people (especially rushers), to get to better positions, which can then give them an unfair advantage in overwhelming members of the other team. Pretend it's akolit again, if one team is extremely stacked, and that team is rushing every single round, it's much harder to be able to beat them if they have spawn protection on.

tomix, I've played the crazyjump maps, and I can't think of a map in which I wouldn't have a very good chance to least get to cover before the other team had a chance to shoot me. The point is, you have to move within 3 seconds, and that's how it's supposed to be.

I'll talk about scoutzknivez, at the beginning a player is supposed to be able to shoot the enemy players, but spawn protection does not allow that. As a result, players on ct get a free rush to the left side alleyway, and on the other side (above ct stairs) are even able to get to much higher and closer ground, before there is even an opportunity to be able to shoot them. It's the same for T (at t stairs).
[Image: 2ntzjn7.png]
silly (no sound): you need to learn
Zero: i taught you
silly (no sound): how to be cool like me
Zero: you knifed me when i retired
silly (no sound): I have hopes for you
silly (no sound): to be my apprentice
silly (no sound): my prodigy
silly (no sound): to carry on my legacy
silly (no sound): good luck padawan
silly (no sound): may the force be with you
Zero: lol
Zero: why you make it sound that you are never coming back alive master?
Zero: Tongue
silly (no sound): I will
silly (no sound): when you're ready
silly (no sound): to show me what you've learnt
silly (no sound): when you're a jedi
silly Wrote:I'll say it again, spawn protection makes it way too easy for people (especially rushers), to get to better positions, which can then give them an unfair advantage in overwhelming members of the other team.

Please,... you only say that because I gave you some of you own mindfuck-medicine on steamchat.  Tongue

For me it's fine like this (spawn protection disabled).
George, Of The Jungle Wrote:
silly Wrote:I'll say it again, spawn protection makes it way too easy for people (especially rushers), to get to better positions, which can then give them an unfair advantage in overwhelming members of the other team.

Please,... you only say that because I gave you some of you own mindfuck-medicine on steamchat.  Tongue

For me it's fine like this (spawn protection disabled).
Did I say "rushers"? Woops, I meant "George"  ;D
[Image: 2ntzjn7.png]
silly (no sound): you need to learn
Zero: i taught you
silly (no sound): how to be cool like me
Zero: you knifed me when i retired
silly (no sound): I have hopes for you
silly (no sound): to be my apprentice
silly (no sound): my prodigy
silly (no sound): to carry on my legacy
silly (no sound): good luck padawan
silly (no sound): may the force be with you
Zero: lol
Zero: why you make it sound that you are never coming back alive master?
Zero: Tongue
silly (no sound): I will
silly (no sound): when you're ready
silly (no sound): to show me what you've learnt
silly (no sound): when you're a jedi
I think it should stay as it was, but do NOT allow any individual to participate of the round after it starts..
#justsaying
[Image: 1UH9a8H.png]

[Image: 5pfuEDP.gif]
That awkward 2-second moment when you see your enemy through your double-zoomed awp and stay still until the timer passes...