Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Resolved  Ban Appeal
Name: Ranc!D #H0RYSH3T
SteamID: STEAM_0:1:8540811

I think I can get some vouches from anyone who's played the 24/7 Office server, as I frequent that server quite a bit.
First off, an admin on the 24/7 Office server asked if anyone would like to play on Pop servs #3 to help populate it. I figured sure, why not. I join up and start hopping around waiting for more people to come. I get this REALLY good bhop run in garage, someone joins, and I kill them. I just continue bhopping my way over to them - and on the second kill, I get banned. The ban reason is "SMAC: AutoTrigger Detection: BunnyHop". I find it strange that I get banned on Pop Servs #3 for bhopping, but not on the 24/7 Office server (even though I bhop there all the time!)

In any case, I'm cordially requesting an unban so that I can continue playing. Thanks.
In the event of a SMAC ban, you will need to wait for a root admin to address your appeal.

From what I know about the SMAC bhop plugin, it may generate a false positive in rare scenarios but is generally accurate in detection of scripts.

Thank you for your patience.
[Image: 191457_101.png]
Not a problem, I'm in no hurry. Thanks Smile

I did a bit of research into the matter, and saw that there were a few false positives generated by users hopping on flat planes using MOUSEDOWN.
If someone wants to review the demo on this, they'll see that I really messed up quite a bit when I wasn't in garage. It just so happened that garage was flat and empty enough for a solid run to happen.

But in any case, I'll wait for the final review.
Where were you located when this ban suddenly took place? If you can't describe the location, then provide us with a screenshot of it. Try to be as accurate as possible.
Steam Wrote: 4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: was out
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: bison, dude
4:02 PM - Brawl Bashin’ Bison: ???
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: you're very rude towards alina
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: how about unbanning her friend?
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: I mean
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: it's only gamebanana skins
4:02 PM - Brawl Bashin’ Bison: LOL
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: ^^
4:02 PM - Brawl Bashin’ Bison: LOLOL
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: lol
Haha I think I was midair out of a window. I believe its the one right over the garbage bins heading towards garage (in courtyard). I had just made a kill, and my opponent was standing in the corner (off to my right, if I was jumping out of the window over the garbage bins).

Does that help?
The server logs already provide me such basic information. I inquired about this anyways, so that I could see whether your claims corroborate with what our logs show. I would say they do not. The module is not known to give false positives on flat planes, anyways. All known false positives have occurred in tight spaces where jumping can't be done properly. That issue has since long been patched, though.

The server logs put you exactly here and facing there:
[Image: 20702gm.png]

The only possible thing that I can think of which is irregular on this server and may be an issue causing false positives to occur is sv_enablebunnyhopping being set to 1. However, I'm not even sure whether that would really tamper with the results much. I'll try asking the author whether sv_enablebunnyhopping being enabled is an issue.
Fair enough. Please do keep in mind that I had answered your question about ~8 hours after the ban occurred. My exact time, place, and orientation exactly prior to the ban can easily be mixed up with an event that did indeed happen during that game (which I'm sure your logs can show you). Regardless, my statement about not being banned in 24/7 Office vs. #3 still stands. Your server logs will tell you that between the time taken to !hop from server A to server B, I clearly didn't have enough down time to load up a bhop script to gain advantage over the one player who decided to come join me.
REJECTED

The creator of the AC module said sv_enablebunnyhopping shouldn't induce false positives. Your ban also looks exceedingly suspicious anyways. I'm going to deny this appeal. If you'd like to play on our servers again, then you'll need to purchase a new copy of CS:S. Otherwise, good luck on your adventures elsewhere.  Wink

-CLOSED-