Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Space Shuttle Enterprise flies again
Re: Space Shuttle Enterprise files again

That shuttle flew over my school today =S
[Image: russs-jpg.1685]

silly Wrote:I partially agree with masterful, I see it as a morally righteous thing to do (deposing a cruel dictator, whose power they helped to consolidate). But I don't like how they've unfairly capitalized on Iraq's oil.

No country has the moral authority to make such a call. That's what the international community is for. And the Bush Adminstration pushed the Iraq War agenda without approval from the UN. That war was illegitimate.
be the best version of yourself, that's all you can do.

Space shuttle fly again.
U.S. has no choice, but keep our space technology at priority.  (It's probably the only thing we can be no.1 this days)
everything is made in China now, if China advance in space technology, we will not be "Boss" any more.
p.s.  every time I look at the photo, make me laugh.  looks like the Space Shuttle is hopping the 747.

silly Wrote:I partially agree with masterful, I see it as a morally righteous thing to do (deposing a cruel dictator, whose power they helped to consolidate). But I don't like how they've unfairly capitalized on Iraq's oil.
The UN Charter clearly states & I quote: "Chapter 1 / Article 2: 1- The Organization is based on the principle of the sovereign equality of all its Members.
2- All Members shall settle their international disputes by peaceful means in such a manner that international peace and security, and justice, are not endangered."
& by Peaceful doesn't mean declaring wars on other members country's & invading their land, & stealing form their Oil reserves.
[Image: bxj6gaq99c9hyvinfkvn.jpg]
[Image: w0l5y0.png]

Spartacus Wrote:No country has the moral authority to make such a call.
I don't agree that no country has the moral authority to depose another country's genocidal dictator and remove the associated regime.

Spartacus Wrote:That's what the international community is for.

I think that the nature of international politics often results in choices that are not necessarily the most "morally righteous" choices.

Spartacus Wrote:And the Bush Adminstration pushed the Iraq War agenda without approval from the UN. That war was illegitimate.
Apparently Bush and his fellows used WMD propaganda in order to begin the war, and it seems that they were quite interested in stealing some resources from Iraq as well (not to mention that they've been in Iraq for a very long time now). I have a problem with all of those things.

However, law is generally concerned with fairly enabling the best interests of its subjects. So bypassing law in this case isn't something I have an issue with, provided that the war in Iraq was in the best interests of the Iraqis (and it is not quite clear that it is). The action that I'm condoning is the removal of Saddam Hussein's regime (as I think it was a good thing for the Iraqi people).

MindHACKer Wrote:2- All Members shall settle their international disputes by peaceful means in such a manner that international peace and security, and justice, are not endangered."
& by Peaceful doesn't mean declaring wars on other members country's & invading their land, & stealing form their Oil reserves.
Mindhacker, I'm not supporting the idea of America stealing Iraq's oil, nor America's extended military occupation of Iraq (provided that the people of Iraq genuinely can take care of themselves).

But, do you really think that every conflict can be peacefully resolved? Sometimes things need to be fought for (imagine what would have happened if nobody stood up to the Nazis).
[Image: 2ntzjn7.png]
silly (no sound): you need to learn
Zero: i taught you
silly (no sound): how to be cool like me
Zero: you knifed me when i retired
silly (no sound): I have hopes for you
silly (no sound): to be my apprentice
silly (no sound): my prodigy
silly (no sound): to carry on my legacy
silly (no sound): good luck padawan
silly (no sound): may the force be with you
Zero: lol
Zero: why you make it sound that you are never coming back alive master?
Zero: Tongue
silly (no sound): I will
silly (no sound): when you're ready
silly (no sound): to show me what you've learnt
silly (no sound): when you're a jedi

silly Wrote:But, do you really think that every conflict can be peacefully resolved? Sometimes things need to be fought for (imagine what would have happened if nobody stood up to the Nazis).

The whole idea of "Hitler" was to make an excuse to justify the occupation of Palestine,
& the whole idea of 11 Sept. was to justify the occupation of Afghanistan & Iraq, (((((((Stealing the country's Oil reserves)))))),
& the whole idea behind the Arab spring is to destabilize, & fuel a massive civil war in the region after the withdrawal of the American troops, in order to give the "Israelies" the peace they're asking for.

I can tell you from experience Mistakes can't be corrected by doing other Mistakes.
[Image: bxj6gaq99c9hyvinfkvn.jpg]
[Image: w0l5y0.png]

Cortex Wrote:did anybody notice the title?  enterprise "files" again?
pfft what is this? files? i for one am extremely confused and dissatisfied.!  >Sad
LOL that's my mistypo Big Grin flies not files ROFL
[Image: 5lv58m.gif]
му ηαмє ιѕ ¢αяℓσѕ

MindHACKer Wrote:
silly Wrote:But, do you really think that every conflict can be peacefully resolved? Sometimes things need to be fought for (imagine what would have happened if nobody stood up to the Nazis).

The whole idea of "Hitler" was to make an excuse to justify the occupation of Palestine,
& the whole idea of 11 Sept. was to justify the occupation of Afghanistan & Iraq, (((((((Stealing the country's Oil reserves)))))),
& the whole idea behind the Arab spring is to destabilize, & fuel a massive civil war in the region after the withdrawal of the American troops, in order to give the "Israelies" the peace they're asking for.

I can tell you from experience Mistakes can't be corrected by doing other Mistakes.
You don't think that Hitler existed? And also that he didn't order the extermination of Jewish people? And you think that September 11 was something that the Americans did to themselves? But no, I don't think that getting rid of Hitler was a mistake, and the same goes for Hussein. These people were creating way too much suffering for way too many people.
[Image: 2ntzjn7.png]
silly (no sound): you need to learn
Zero: i taught you
silly (no sound): how to be cool like me
Zero: you knifed me when i retired
silly (no sound): I have hopes for you
silly (no sound): to be my apprentice
silly (no sound): my prodigy
silly (no sound): to carry on my legacy
silly (no sound): good luck padawan
silly (no sound): may the force be with you
Zero: lol
Zero: why you make it sound that you are never coming back alive master?
Zero: Tongue
silly (no sound): I will
silly (no sound): when you're ready
silly (no sound): to show me what you've learnt
silly (no sound): when you're a jedi
Quote:You don't think that Hitler existed? And also that he didn't order the extermination of Jewish people?
he did exist but like neptune said: "to make an excuse to justify the occupation of Palestine,"
Quote:And you think that September 11 was something that the Americans did to themselves?
yea, but not the American pplz it was their government(sacrifices for the greater good) but i guarantee u it wasn't for the pplz good.
Quote:But no, I don't think that getting rid of Hitler was a mistake, and the same goes for Hussein. These people were creating way too much suffering for way too many people.
what about now silly? cuz i think pplz are suffering more than they were before...

RED7EAGLE Wrote:
Quote:You don't think that Hitler existed? And also that he didn't order the extermination of Jewish people?
he did exist but like neptune said: "to make an excuse to justify the occupation of Palestine,"
Quote:And you think that September 11 was something that the Americans did to themselves?
yea, but not the American pplz it was their government(sacrifices for the greater good) but i guarantee u it wasn't for the pplz good.
Quote:But no, I don't think that getting rid of Hitler was a mistake, and the same goes for Hussein. These people were creating way too much suffering for way too many people.
what about now silly? cuz i think pplz are suffering more than they were before...

I totally agree with you.