Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
W33D's account hacked
M. Bison Wrote:Oh so that's what happened! I figured you were up to something malicious. I'm not silly enough to fall for something like that. Tongue

Here's my chat log.

w33d Wrote:7:35 AM - ARYA :: DIREWOLF: yo!!!
11:01 AM - ARYA :: DIREWOLF: Get Free Game
GET FOR FREE " ANY GAME " IN YOUR LIST STEAM GAMES ! JUST LOGIN AND STEAM WILL ADD IT WITH OUT PURCHASE.

http://freegame.shopping-2000.com/
11:01 AM - Brawl Bashin’ Bison: where's my copy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ARYA :: DIREWOLF is now playing Counter-Strike: Source. Click here to join.
2:14 PM - ARYA :: DIREWOLF: CC
2:38 PM - ARYA :: DIREWOLF: Get Free Game
GET FOR FREE " ANY GAME " IN YOUR LIST STEAM GAMES ! JUST LOGIN AND STEAM WILL ADD IT WITH OUT PURCHASE.

2:39 PM - Brawl Bashin’ Bison: still trying to scam me? :p
3:32 PM - ARYA :: DIREWOLF: w33d9840228599
3:33 PM - ARYA :: DIREWOLF: Get Free Game

I have a feeling you're going to be VAC'd. Also, what do you think those strange #s are? The "w33d" part makes me think it's your login.  :o

LOL , the yo!!! part i sent . the others after my account was hacked , btw w33d9840228599 is my acc user name . Sad i shud say was my user name . Sad the worst part abt this fiasco is not the games i lost or the money i spent gettin them , its the fact tat i was stupid enuf to click on the damn link Sad
[Image: 21abvjs.png]
Clicking on the link is safe, giving your credentials away isn't. Especially to the site masked like steam but different URL. Oh, and why would official steam ask you for your email password... Try changing password to your email asap If you haven't done this yet. I hope you will get your account back soon.
[Image: jqmd52.png][Image: Craack.gif]
i actully dint enter my email at all , jus the steam username and password Sad ..

btw whats steams turn around time on issues like this .!!
Don't wait for steam weed, go to your steam using web browser, and change password. Then activate steam guard. Kids don't have access to your email, this is a good news.
trueplayer Wrote:Don't wait for steam weed, go to your steam using web browser, and change password. Then activate steam guard. Kids don't have access to your email, this is a good news.

the problem is tat i cant log in thro the web browser or thro my iphone Sad , i always log in using my steam user name . idk if its possible to log in using my email id .
ARYA! Wrote:
trueplayer Wrote:Don't wait for steam weed, go to your steam using web browser, and change password. Then activate steam guard. Kids don't have access to your email, this is a good news.

the problem is tat i cant log in thro the web browser or thro my iphone Sad , i always log in using my steam user name . idk if its possible to log in using my email id .
Click on "forgot password" thing.
did that , im still not receiving the verification code Sad .
The one that stole your account changed your email settings. You'll have to go through the recovery process.  Sad
[Image: scary-cat-100.jpg]
JayCat Wrote:The one that stole your account changed your email settings. You'll have to go through the recovery process.  Sad

Yup , i went to tat link u gave me the other day and raised a ticket furnishing all the details they asked like cc number ( last 4 digits ) expiry and all . they are yet to respond , im thinking being the weekend and all , they should respond sometime tomorrow or the day after .
i got my account back!!! now unban me drunk ( OMG i thought i could unban my self ftw!! Tongue ) . and david if my admin privilages are suspended do the needful .