Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Inconclusive  Hacker - RedditDown...
Spartacusss, wutuppp. Good luck on that BE money man, they shut down. I don't think Torrr ever got one of his checks for $500+. I guess I was lucky. I got every penny.

Lol remix, your welcome. Glad i figured it out as well. Last time I played 6 months ago, it was just one more f-up that valve did, and so I decided not to play again.

And thanks riser, I always thought that ambient occlusion was a console command. I've got it turned off now.

ps. No wonder those cheating fags that got banned on BE were always shooting me through smoke lol. The sniper could see through smokes from any distance.

Arctic. I don't think the server can force anyone to change their nvidia settings. It would probably take a 3rd party anti-cheat to enforce it. But I will have it turned off, now that I know the problem.

66 tic is the new default. I think it takes a third party hack to bump servers to 100tic. Or at least it did right after the big update.
Even with AO turned on, it shows smokes perfectly in dx9 I think. So its possible to force it, allow only dx9> on the servers. But that wouldn't be convenient on pubs, since half the servers are nonsteamers. It'll just decrease the population.
Forcing dx9 would just kill my computer. :x. I have a pretty high end computer. i7 @ 4.2 ghz. But I have an old 9800gtx as my card. It should be dx9 compatible, but I get 40 fps with dx 95 on. 150-200 fps with dx 81 on.