yes
7 30.43%
no
16 69.57%
Total 23 vote(s) 100%
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AutoSlay on round end
Schlacko, post: 68964, member: 2312 Wrote:Do or do not, there is not try.

If they 'tried, yet failed' they should be dead. Death is the price of failure.

I disagree. Imagine a scenario where a T is in a 4 vs 1 situation. He kills 4 ct's but he's just too late to defuse the bomb, so he runs away. I don't think he should be slayed then.
You can be on the winning team and hide to save your weapon as well.

If you would be compensated with the money that your weapons/equipement was worth, then maybe.
George Of The Jungle, post: 68966, member: 3094 Wrote:Imagine a scenario where a T is in a 4 vs 1 situation. He kills 4 ct's but he's just too late to defuse the bomb, so he runs away. I don't think he should be slayed then.

I assume you meant a CT is in a 4 vs 1 situation, kills 4 Ts? Yes, he should be slain, that'll teach him to be 5 seconds quicker, 5 seconds more aggressive next time. You want to reward him, let him keep his gun, because he hesitates? Or because he was in a poor position when the bomb was planted?**
What is this game we play where the objective is to kill everyone on the other team/blow something up, yet the losing team often has survivors?
Survivors win, losers die.

**Quick aside. I can't really understand why the following situation so often occurs; Dust 2, CTs beat Ts on Long A, Ts beat CTs into B. CTs from A are in T spawn while the B site Ts are planting. On de_ maps CTs often stray way too far from the bombsites... what good is it to come at your opponent from behind when you're going to be way too late to defuse anyways? Rounds get lost like this all the time, makes no sense.
Schlacko, post: 68969, member: 2312 Wrote:I assume you meant a CT is in a 4 vs 1 situation, kills 4 Ts? Yes, he should be slain, that'll teach him to be 5 seconds quicker, 5 seconds more aggressive next time.
What is this game we play where the objective is to kill everyone on the other team/blow something up, yet the losing team often has survivors?
Survivors win, losers die.

Yeah, that's what I meant, my bad.

Come on, you can't expect the impossible. And that's just the way the game is played. I don't think we should change the gameplay too much, there's already enough restrictions. The losing team gets a disadvantage because they don't get rewarded as much money as the winning team.
I had suggested that something like this be implemented but only if one team isnt doing the objective and the round ends. So if the Ts plant and the cts hide and dont defuse, or the Ts hide and dont plant, i.e bomb explodes and theres no cts anywhere near it. Ive been told that kind of thing would be difficult to code in though.
I mean, hey if you're a man and u rush and die, or at least try the objective this shouldn't be an issue here. Id say the autoslay shouldn't be against the team that completes the objective is all.
"Ignorance is Bliss"- Sima Yi from DW6
You people are too wussy.
What about a chance to be slain in the aforementioned circumstances? That way it's the same idea, just not as severe since it's not always happening. Can it be programmed with a random number generator of some sort? So if the conditions are met, then the survivor(s) that failed get maybe 1/3 or 1/4 chance of being slain. Then they can weigh their odds depending on that specific situation.
Schlacko, post: 68978, member: 2312 Wrote:You people are too wussy.
What about a chance to be slain in the aforementioned circumstances? That way it's the same idea, just not as severe since it's not always happening. Can it be programmed with a random number generator of some sort? So if the conditions are met, then the survivor(s) that failed get maybe 1/3 or 1/4 chance of being slain. Then they can weigh their odds depending on that specific situation.
BUT then you have the people like me. That play for points. It would kill the points completely.
No it wouldn't, and points are meaningless anyways. It's an undisciplined pub for fuck's sake.
Schlacko, post: 68980, member: 2312 Wrote:No it wouldn't, and points are meaningless anyways. It's an undisciplined pub for fuck's sake.
Points is what dragged me in to keep playing >.>
We have players that play for fun/points/get better/beginners/dumbasses/trolls/objective makers/hackers/spammers/ and much more. Each kind has its own likes, theres nothing you can do about it, other than just tolerate them, or rage becasue of them. I say 'NO' to the poll, simply answer:

Spartacus, post: 68942, member: 1060 Wrote:I'm sure admins know when the last guy is showing some effort to do the objective before round end.

Mr.Tea, post: 68947, member: 1006 Wrote:I know there are times when I don't/won't slay because it was just a well fought round and time ran out. Autoslay with some money return might not make people so bitter.

JumbOlaya, post: 68949, member: 956 Wrote:No for me. Not a 16k server and some make a concerted effort but might not make it in time. I like keeping it as is.

George Of The Jungle, post: 68966, member: 3094 Wrote:I disagree. Imagine a scenario where a T is in a 4 vs 1 situation. He kills 4 ct's but he's just too late to defuse the bomb, so he runs away. I don't think he should be slayed then.
You can be on the winning team and hide to save your weapon as well.

If you would be compensated with the money that your weapons/equipement was worth, then maybe.
which probably can be a simple NO.
[Image: 1UH9a8H.png]

[Image: 5pfuEDP.gif]
Yea not going with this.... many times I have killed the last 4 ts on a de map just to have a bomb blow anyways...of course I m going to run and save my m4 as that took up all 30 secs I have to defuse....I get some people just run to other bomb site on purpose to save the gun they have or not do shit at all but not everyone thinks like that and to "punish" us all for 3-4 people each map is not a good idea.
What's the difference between a rigger and god?
God doesn't think he's a rigger.