Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mitt Romney or Barack Obama
Yup, health insurance for all americans= our taxes or another war in some fucked up country that has oil...
[Image: jqmd52.png][Image: Craack.gif]
Obama is a good president. He just happen to come in office under Bush's problems. Not his fault.

[Image: tumblr_mf1umwFOnm1r4eysco1_500.gif]
I have a feeling that the health care debate has it's pros and cons, but if there is any reason everyone should have health care I would explain it like this: If you ever go to the ER or get an ambulance ride, the costs are fairly high even with health insurance. The reason why it's higher than you would imagine it should be (like hundreds of dollars for two vicodin at the ER) is because it's hospital policy that ERs & doctors cannot refuse anyone who comes in with a life threatening injury (say from a random car accident) or someone who is homeless and sick. If someone comes in with a injury without health insurance, the hospital treats, bills & likely doesn't completely collect because the cost is astronomically high for those without insurance. Additionally, if the person who came in is homeless, I would imagine the hospitals have some sort of loss of resources write off policy due to homelessness. Now, the homeless problem will never go away, but the cost of individual visit to the ER would be decreased if everyone had insurance (kinda like car insurance), because the insurance companies would be more likely to pay off more of the cost (hopefully decreasing loss per individual).

There is no reason why any one person has to have health care insurance, other than make it illegal, like driving without car insurance. Counter-intuitively, society is built on taxes and government mandated insurance enables the rest of us to pay for something that we don't individually want, but we all benefit from.

Here's a strange tangential video that comes back 'round to this main point.
[video=youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=sAGEOKAG0zw[/video]
[Image: 350656_101.png]
Im not voting period, Rommney is a fucking conservative evil bastard who believes trickle down (the piss on the poor ppl) style economics work.
Obama isnt exactly doing much for me either except talking rhetoric and pointing out how much better he is.
"Ignorance is Bliss"- Sima Yi from DW6
^- And that's why America's voting turnout is so low... And why nothing changes.
[Image: JokerSig.jpg]
joker8baller, post: 70264, member: 835 Wrote:^- And that's why America's voting turnout is so low... And why nothing changes.

+1
joker8baller, post: 70264, member: 835 Wrote:^- And that's why America's voting turnout is so low... And why nothing changes.

Hostage, post: 70265, member: 4929 Wrote:+1
Among other reasons, this is also a reason why voter turnout is so low. Now, I understand this isn't the exact electoral college system in the U.S.; but it makes sense why nothing ever changes even when both main parties aren't popular among most people.
[video=youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=s7tWHJfhiyo[/video]
dark if your for paying someone else's bills then that's on you. I could give two Shits less about the homeless person that doesn't have health insurance. its not my fault hes broke so why should I have to pay for it.
Is this thing on?

[Image: 11qid6d.jpg]
Myeah, I can definitely understand your points. But they use your money to support failing (as good as) corrupt financial institutions as well. Or for tax cuts for people that are super-rich already (and who probably have their millions parked in the Bahamas and barely pay taxes as it is).
As much as I would not like to admit it, I would prefer to not pay for anyone's bill outside of my own family; but as one of the oh-so-embraced ideals in this country: "Life, Liberty & the pursuit of Happiness", Life is just part of our ideals. Whether it be me, the individual with health insurance, the homeless person who doesn't have the means or mental well being to obtain health insurance, or anyone who doesn't want or believe they need health insurance, we embrace life. Also, if you get health insurance, I believe I will pay less at the doctor per visit because I don't have to make up for you when you (_RemiX) pay the ER a visit without insurance. Pretty much the law doesn't benefit people without health insurance directly, but it benefits those with health insurance.

Ask yourself a string of logical yes or no questions:
Do I go outside? (If you answer "Yes" you are a good candidate for health insurance because you may develop a pathogen related illness that you would likely die from if untreated with antibiotics like: pneumonia, hepatitis, swine & avian strings of influenza a.k.a. the flu, west nile virus, etc.)
Do I eat? (If you answer "Yes" you are a good candidate for health insurance because there are no dietary restrictions on how much one may consume, therefore, you may develop cardiac & GI related illnesses, including, but not limited to, myocardial infarction a.k.a. a heart attack, CHF congestive heart failure, IDDM (Insulin dependent diabetes), colon cancer, stomach ulcers, etc.)
Do I smoke tobacco? (If you answer "Yes", you are an excellent candidate for health insurance. This one is pretty obvious, but, if you didn't already know, smoking may cause: lung cancer, COPD chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, etc.)
Do I drink more than 1 serving of alcohol in any 24 hour period? (If you answer "Yes", same as before, liver & GI related, possible physical harm for yourself and others, very likely minor brain damage, birth defects for the children of pregnant women, etc.)
Do I drive? (If you answer "Yes" this one makes you a good candidate for health insurance. Although you may be a perfect driver, there are people in this country who suck at driving and the average driver gets in multiple automotive accidents in his lifetime of driving. Those of you who speed over the speed limit are very good candidates. Those of you who compound driving with: drinking, texting, eating, or receiving road head are excellent candidates for health insurance.)
Do I have sex? Be honest... (If you answer "Yes" you are a very good candidate for health insurance, you may develop a string of VD/STD's such as: herpes, HIV/AIDS, syphilis, or if you're super dense, be a father soon.)
Do I masturbate? (If you answer "Yes" you are a good candidate for health insurance as you may develop prostate cancer one day)
Do I have sex? (Females only) (If you answer "Yes" you are an excellent candidate for health insurance. We really prefer you don't have children until you're ready, as we the population of the world, will never be ready, so go buy birth control and help save the world.)

These questions exclude unlikely, but possible reasons to get health insurance such as: Natural disasters, terrorist attacks, random encounters with bullets in mass shootings, appendicitis, over-emotional teenagers, environmental pollution, living within the fallout zone of a nuclear reactor, getting hit with space junk, watching a Twilight movie or listening to a Justin Bieber song, etc.

Now, will you as an individual ever visit the ER one day? Maybe, I don't know. I know I have already visited the ER a few times for pneumonia & broken bones. Hopefully I won't go again, and I hope you never have to go but I am not ruling either one of those possibilities out.