Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Opinions about the server point reset.
i don't care about it.
it doesn't bother me
Statwhores, statwhores everywhere.
[Image: 422229_101.png][Image: 525415_101.png]
joker8baller, post: 70861, member: 835 Wrote:No, you started playing here rather recently. Not long enough to be considered a regular in my book.

The gap in those servers are rather low. Come play on Pop Maps where the gap is 100,000 points, and it's pretty damn hard to get points fast. It's not that easy to rank up there. I held #1 by playing every day for a long ass time, held it for a long time too, and only dropped to 30 after I stopped playing.

I'd be more in favor of a system that had 2 point systems, one for overall, and one for the past month.

Points doesn't mean anything, but it shows time on the server, and that's cool too.

I've been here for a while, just haven't registered on the forums.

And the gap on D2 DM was over 100,000 points, as I stated, not much difference from the pop maps.

I think this is just a classic case of butthurt and you're mad that there was a reset, just my opinion.
I think points would be easy to get if you keep pwning the top 10. So its best to play against them, not with them.
be the best version of yourself, that's all you can do.
MindGames, post: 70865, member: 9776 Wrote:I've been here for a while, just haven't registered on the forums.

And the gap on D2 DM was over 100,000 points, as I stated, not much difference from the pop maps.

I think this is just a classic case of butthurt and you're mad that there was a reset, just my opinion.
Not really butthurt, just mild annoyance. I play CS for fun now, so I'm just here to enjoy the game, it's nice to see how many total points and such you rack up. Points = Server time & dedication. It's not proof of any skill, and people saying that it's true just don't know. Now a lot of people think they're going to get that top10 to show how awesome they are when they barely played on the server. Points should remain to show a user's length of play.

I haven't been going off your forums time, just by going off how much time you've played on the server, and how well known you are.

Points in D2 DM don't really count, it's really easy to rack up a ton of points since their is constant action in there. It's not hard to go 100-20 consistently on that server.
[Image: JokerSig.jpg]
joker8baller, post: 70870, member: 835 Wrote:Not really butthurt, just mild annoyance. I play CS for fun now, so I'm just here to enjoy the game, it's nice to see how many total points and such you rack up. Points = Server time & dedication. It's not proof of any skill, and people saying that it's true just don't know. Now a lot of people think they're going to get that top10 to show how awesome they are when they barely played on the server. Points should remain to show a user's length of play.

I haven't been going off your forums time, just by going off how much time you've played on the server, and how well known you are.

Points in D2 DM don't really count, it's really easy to rack up a ton of points since their is constant action in there. It's not hard to go 100-20 consistently on that server.

I see your point but still, now you have even more of a reason to play with the reset, to maintain your position.

It now adds a new level of competition to all the servers, to see who can out-frag the other person
If you want to track server time, the hours played was not reset. It gives the chance for newer players to even achieve a higher rank, while I know it has probably upset the regulars and long term players. In the end I think it's more healthy for the server to reset the points
Matt, post: 70883, member: 178 Wrote:If you want to track server time, the hours played was not reset. It gives the chance for newer players to even achieve a higher rank, while I know it has probably upset the regulars and long term players. In the end I think it's more healthy for the server to reset the points

Basically word for word what I said.
I really like the fact that points are reset . People are stacking lesser after the reset IMO.
[Image: 21abvjs.png]
MindGames, post: 70878, member: 9776 Wrote:I see your point but still, now you have even more of a reason to play with the reset, to maintain your position.

It now adds a new level of competition to all the servers, to see who can out-frag the other person
I prefer knowing where I was and keeping the stats with other players that I have gamed with for a long time.

While hours played and stuff were not reset, it doesn't reflect in your points and it doesn't reflect when you join a server.

I would've preferred a reset that tracked overall points for one's play in a server, with another to track one's rank within the last 6 months.
[Image: JokerSig.jpg]