Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CS GO - First Response
HOLY SHIT totally diffeent and alot harder to play. Definitely takes more skill, guns aren't my favorite, maps seem alot bigger. Office is definitely bigger and alot darker. Italy, sucks I hate the change in the map, pretty much you can now go up the left towards the cellar and instead of it going down under it opens up to T spawn which is no good!

Anyone else want to chime in? Im still not sure if I like how the game has slowed down alot.
[Image: 456710_101.png]
Played beta a little bit. just about every change they made I loved.
Is this thing on?

[Image: 11qid6d.jpg]
Harder down to play? I'm running around, derping.... IMO, a shit ton easier to play, maps are a LOT smaller (Nuke has no secret, no toxic, no back of vents super CT sided).

It's still very clunky, very L4D/TF2 feeling, and doesn't feel anything like CS. Turned off dynamic crosshairs and while that improved the gameplay a bit, the game still doesn't resemble Counter Strike mainly because of their move towards the graphical version.
[Image: JokerSig.jpg]
joker8baller, post: 72819, member: 835 Wrote:Harder down to play? I'm running around, derping.... IMO, a shit ton easier to play, maps are a LOT smaller (Nuke has no secret, no toxic, no back of vents super CT sided).

It's still very clunky, very L4D/TF2 feeling, and doesn't feel anything like CS. Turned off dynamic crosshairs and while that improved the gameplay a bit, the game still doesn't resemble Counter Strike mainly because of their move towards the graphical version.
lol its a much harder game to play IMO.

Competitive nuke(de_nuke_ze)is going to have secret,toxic. I shared it a while back. I'm currently terrible at it.

Anyway, CSPro mod 1.09 is coming out, not by valve though.

Quote:CS:GO is not meant to be an eSports or competition-focused title, but rather an easily digestible, fun-to-play team-based FPS targeted at a mainstream gaming audience. CSP, on the other hand, is designed to be the perfect team-based FPS for eSports and competitive play. We view CSP and CS:GO as two very different games, targeted at completely different audiences. As such, CS:GO won’t impact us in any significant way.

http://cspromod.com/
be the best version of yourself, that's all you can do.
Me, Trapped, Strata, and Sol were railing on kids last night.

I just don't see how people like it, or are going to make the jump to it. Everything about it save the maps doesn't scream CS. I think the major factor is the graphics, it doesn't feel right, it feels very... wrong. Like we're playing a L4D mod instead of a realistic shooter.
[Image: JokerSig.jpg]
Sounds pretty gay IMO and I'm not wasting my time.
Gotta agree with Joker, AK recoil is much more friendly now, compared to Source. If you ask a guy who has never played CS to play Global Offensive, he'd get used to it in like a day.. however if you ask the same guy to play Source, it takes a lot of practice to gain proper recoil control. The only sad thing about CS:GO if you're a rifler is there's not much spraying you can do anymore. So it's basically aim or die, yeah sure close range spraying at a persons leg area lands you a headshot every once in awhile but if you try proper Source spraying techniques, you won't be able to land your shots 100%.

I don't mind the game, just think it's a little bit more easier compared to Source. It takes time to get used to but its fun to play. de_nuke_ve is a competitive version of nuke, secret and vents area in nuke is the only actual huge map change if you compare them with other CS:GO maps. A lot of unneeded features were added, like the server block feature. If someone in a server has you on their Steam block list, you wont be able to join the server unless he leaves. Pretty much ripped off ESEAs .block feature. Its like, a portable SourceBans. I mean, a person(unless admin) should have no control on who joins a server.

This however, is my personal opinion.
joker8baller, post: 72819, member: 835 Wrote:It's still very clunky, very L4D/TF2 feeling, and doesn't feel anything like CS.

yeah that's how I feel about it. A bunch of wl regulars were in the office server last night and it was fun for a bit but was nowhere as fun as the CSS office server.

Also I completely disagree with you Riser, the AK's recoil is much wilder in this one than in CSS.
Try bursting without stop strafing in Source and CSGO, do it a couple of times(1 second interval). You'll notice the difference. In Source, your recoil starts to act on you but in GO, it hits the same exact spot(maybe a LITTLE higher but not as much as in Source).
I agree with joker and riser it sure feels alot easier than source at first i didnt like it but now i dont mind the game, they ruind office now its dark and doesnt feel right, cant spray with the m4/ak like in source it only gets me 1 or 2 hits, deagle's accuracy seems good but still doesnt feel like im using the deagle it looks ugly, however awp still good, over all the game is not that bad.
Its funny how CSS is 20$ and CSGO is 15$ lol.