Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Forum Remapping! - Needs to be said.
Eternal, post: 75476, member: 478 Wrote:I never said the posts bored me, if anything most of them are enjoyable to read. I don't see how giving people the opportunity to spam our forums with useless junk in order to receive a "point", would be worth it. We'd have to be constantly deleting idiotic posts. I also don't see how not going for the whole point system, really says we're choosing to not engage with people or our members. We are doing well as a community. We're only in this dry area, because more important things have come up for people.

If people got levels/EXP for posting, that doesn't seem like it would work as good as you think it would. People would just easily abuse that, whether the reward would be automatically or manually given to the player. Plus, why not level up the way it was intended too, by playing the game? If people love the server and it's occupiers, then they will come onto the forum, as they have done, and still do. o_O If you reward people with levels/EXP for posting, they will just register, do this here and there, then leave.

I never said the posts did bore you. But do you know other mods or admins that couldn't be bothered with this trivial crap such as flaming and ranting or ban appeals to players who obviously did wrong because they have better things to do? Just a question. You're right, you would have to be deleting posts OR move it to a spam section like y'all use to have where the post held no weight and was deleted after a certain time frame. But that's what keep people active. Stupidity drives the stupid. Intelligence drives the intellectuals. We need to find a common ground that takes the best of both parties and leaves out the douchieness. We may have jack wagons once in a while but that is to be expected. I would rather be in a community with assholes than not a community at all.

The thing with the WCS is the fact that, like I have previously stated, some people aren't very inclined to educate themselves in the art of gaming so they may not progress as well or as quickly as others. However, not all of these players are challenged in every aspect. They may be writes, artists, musicians, etc. Giving them a chance to make threads with a heading such as {For WCS Exp} and provide legitimate and interest things to add to my agenda to enjoy deserve a chance to earn some extra exp that they could not otherwise achieve in game due to the inability to play. I apologize if I offend anyone here in saying the only person I believe to be my rival in this community that I have played with thus far is platform. That does not include the outrageous encounters I have with the godlike, probably hacking, Bison. lol jp, but no joke he is wicked. I'm sorry I don't like destroying noobs but it has to be done. At least with this they have a chance to get high in the ranks and have a fighting force.

You could always cap the exp possible to earn overall. And have someone dedicated to weeding out the bad threads and trashing them. That's the thing. The owners are kind enough to actively engage the player base in the community and allow us to earn admin. The least we could do from time to time is assist on the forums or in game with a nooby question or ridding the server of a spammer by ban or gag.

EDIT: But we are getting way off topic. This is only one of the suggestions. They haven't enforced it or reactivated it and I am okay with that. It shows they are human. They like some things but not all. Loving the connection guys.
"I am become death, the destroyer of worlds." - Bhagavad-Gita

"There is nothing more devastating than the thought of death. Of complete nothingness. To lose to what you believe your true nature being. Immortality." - James

"True depression comes from ignorance and stupidity. True happiness comes from stupidity and ignorance. Contention comes from a deeper understanding of true nature and the ways in which we try to defy it." - James (So tell me, are you depressed, happy, or content?)

Please click on the banner below and vote for the wL community minecraft server!!

[Image: minecraftbanner22053463.jpg]
I'm going to look at your posts and probably do most of them. A theme change has been on my todo list for awhile now, I find this one a bit bland. However the MOTD isn't going to change, it's how we make a bit of our money back.
I see. How do you make money off that? If you don't mind me asking.

"There is nothing more devastating than the thought of death. Of complete nothingness. To lose to what you believe your true nature being. Immortality." - James

"True depression comes from ignorance and stupidity. True happiness comes from stupidity and ignorance. Contention comes from a deeper understanding of true nature and the ways in which we try to defy it." - James (So tell me, are you depressed, happy, or content?)

Please click on the banner below and vote for the wL community minecraft server!!

James`, post: 75495, member: 15260 Wrote:I see. How do you make money off that? If you don't mind me asking.
Renting out ad space that is required to watch, or at least see, if you join the server. So that means a lot of traffic and a fair amount of cash return.
[Image: sigix.png]
Ah I wondered cause I never see ads on my MOTD screen so I was never sure. I mean I would have if I ever saw anything lol.

I think members should select their favorite forum layouts, like the older forum. Also, get ourselves more options to choose our own theme and stuff please Smile. Oh, one more thing, can we change our name like in the older one as well?

Eternal, post: 75464, member: 478 Wrote:As much as I liked that, I have to disagree. All that did was encourage people to spam posts/threads in order to get the points.
With or without that, DK will always be a spammer, not matter what :p
[Image: 1UH9a8H.png]

[Image: 5pfuEDP.gif]
I would love to get other players input. I know I can't be the only person who is thinking things need a change. Now is your time to step up. I will add your ideas to the original post.

I'd like to suggest some stuff, but somehow I realised my suggestions would make the forum more Facebook-like.

I'd like a section/plug-in which shows unique Monthly stats, like "Highest KDR of the Month", "Most hostage rescues/bomb defusals/bomb plants of the Month". I think gameme has it, but its just not accessible enough IMO.

I mean it'd be cooler if it was seen on the front page or somewhere.
be the best version of yourself, that's all you can do.
The thing is Spartacus from my stand point that would seem slightly difficult to do. I feel that making a thread with the top10 of each server to be possible and just link it to the server listings and StatsMe pages. But an entire plugin dedicated to rankings and statistics is slightly redundant. That is why we have the stats option at the top toolbar. As for prestigious honors such as highest KDR of the month. I like it and will submit it ^.^