Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Forum Remapping! - Needs to be said.
THIS MAIN POST WILL BE UPDATED EVERY SO OFTEN PLEASE READ THIS FOR NEW UPDATES AND IDEAS.

If anyone has a problem with me expressing my ideas on the changes that need to be made to the forums and community as a whole than GTFO. If you would like to read on and mock go ahead it's your obligation. I must say that these forums are dead. Maybe it's just been a slow week or school is back in session but that shouldn't be preventing at least one intellectual post a day. Let's go ahead and list off a few changes I think would bring people in.

The status changes are as follows.
*New* - status means an item is new and has not been discussed in the thread.
(Achieved) - status means the owners listened to our opinions and made the alterations.
(In Progress) - status means either: A. All the kinks haven't been worked out., B. A staff member has commented on it., C. I believe it still needs a change., D. The reason given for a decline was not good enough.
(DECLINED) - status is normally given to those ideas that were rejected for good reason. I will normally give a reference to where the reason can be found unless it was personally pmed to me in which case I will just issue this status and move on.

1. (Achieved) A new forum layout. (Forum Theme Thread) So get this, kids stay up past their bedtime. You know what they are afraid of? Getting caught on the computer. Counter Strike has dark tones so that the only thing that could possibly be too bright is certain maps and a flashbang and kids like that little excitement of maybe being caught. However, when you have this wall of white they avoid us in the night. Darken the tones. Get some nice reds and blacks and dark blues. Make it more deep and soothing.

2. (In Progress) Bring back the point system. You know. The rock.... People like earning perks on forums that effect them in game. This would be great for the warcraft server. Something like so many posts would gain you exp ingame. If you guys plan on taking the WCS idea anyways. But there was a perk a while ago that allowed players to enter reserve slots for servers. I liked it. Obviously there is too much traffic at times and admins can't get in. But points on the forums is always fun. You could also somehow incorporate it into a Minecraft server if you had one.

3. (In Progress) Forum section change. With the new color scheme should come a column change. Move some things around. Make things easier to access. I don't enjoy scroll down to find video mania. I want it to be a tab so I can quick click to it. Or at least rearrange the forums to make more sub forums. Move the general and gaming chat to the top with news and introductions.

These aren't even close to all the ideas I have. But quite frankly I don't know if I want to even waste my breathe if I am not being heard. I mean c'mon guys. It's so dead I hear no crickets. It's kinda depressing that this forum was so high functioning when I left it and I came back and I haven't seen nearly anyone on in over a week who didn't have complaints or ban appeals. This isn't a site to solve problems, it's one to have fun and discuss with one another OUTSIDE the game. To chill and discuss things we like. We should be able to start a conversation in the server and be so motivated to actually move it to the forums so people talk more in depth and you get everyone's opinion.

+ UPDATE: September 18, 2012 : 10 am central

4. (DECLINED - Reason Given by Matt - Page 1 Post #12) Please fix that wretched MOTD. I apologize but I would love to view the forums as I enter the server. Instead of always having to shift+tab to check the site or using the windows key to desktop and manually opening up firefox. With adding the sites main page to the MOTD every map change people have the capability of checking posts they made on the site. Increasing traffic flow into the forums. Not to mention the fact they may see the CS:GO giveaway and become more active and participate.

+ UPDATE: September 19, 2012 : 9 am central

5. *New* Prestigious Titles. I believe we should acknowledge the top player and top clans of each server every month starting on the first of the next month. They should be recognized on the home tab as being an active member in the community who enjoys playing on War-Lord servers enough so that they dedicate themselves to being number one. I then so believe every couple of months we should erase all ranks and start fresh to make sure other newer players have the chance to be acknowledged. We should also acknowledge the most decorated player per day from each server. I will be making a thread and linking to it with THIS that will give an example and may become the initial thread to start that off. It will be updated daily at around this time every morning.

If you support this please like it. Otherwise your voice won't be heard.
"I am become death, the destroyer of worlds." - Bhagavad-Gita

"There is nothing more devastating than the thought of death. Of complete nothingness. To lose to what you believe your true nature being. Immortality." - James

"True depression comes from ignorance and stupidity. True happiness comes from stupidity and ignorance. Contention comes from a deeper understanding of true nature and the ways in which we try to defy it." - James (So tell me, are you depressed, happy, or content?)

Please click on the banner below and vote for the wL community minecraft server!!

[Image: minecraftbanner22053463.jpg]
I'm going to start spamming the world news section again. Brace yourselves.
be the best version of yourself, that's all you can do.
OK, as a 12 year old I'll speak for us. Sometimes of course we'll sneak it. Not a lot though. And I love the idea of a new darker color scheme, but I don't think that too many of us kids are sneaking, still love it though. As for the tabs, that sounds awesome, easier and more likable. Also, we want to Impress the people who come visit the page, make it stand out in a nice way, and James` thank you for this post.

Double post

Also one more thing, Keep the newly posted stuff, that was good.
Love it, Love it, Love it. Blue is the right color for War-Lords. Not a big fan of it but it suites the community. Always thought it did. Now the newly "replied" items can be found on the home tab Gonffs. It's still there you just gotta look for it. That's another thing I like about the forums. You have the home tab that directs you to different important events and links as well as a sidebar that directs you to the most recent activity on the site. Than you go to the forum tab and instead of the recent activities you have the shoutbox. Love it. New ideas will be added to the main post so that they may be read for sure.

"There is nothing more devastating than the thought of death. Of complete nothingness. To lose to what you believe your true nature being. Immortality." - James

"True depression comes from ignorance and stupidity. True happiness comes from stupidity and ignorance. Contention comes from a deeper understanding of true nature and the ways in which we try to defy it." - James (So tell me, are you depressed, happy, or content?)

Please click on the banner below and vote for the wL community minecraft server!!

I want rock right now
Fuckin cas took all the rocks Sad
Quote:2. Bring back the point system. You know. The rock.... People like earning perks on forums that effect them in game

As much as I liked that, I have to disagree. All that did was encourage people to spam posts/threads in order to get the points.
(° ‿ ° ✿)

[Image: EternalReaper.png]
[Image: 2hmjw44.png]

But now what do we have Eternal? Posts that bore admins and moderators that's what. Give warning to the spammers, encourage people to take an active role in this community to keep spammers out. The more you engage with people the more active they become. It doesn't matter if you attract the wrong crowd, as long as you have staff members that can back you in weeding out the real bad fruits and in turn polishing the abilities of those exceptional characters you find fit to become staff members. It is all about perspective. Do you want to do well as a community? Or are you content on slowly dwindling to the point that people stay in the servers alone and never come to the forums? Maybe eventually leaving the servers all together. I love this community, you guys have great views on things. Allowing players with non steam to play. Only allowing adminship by way of applying instead of buying or donating for it. I respect that you guys don't make money off of children or hard working people and pay mostly out of pocket. You guys have amazing qualities. Yah just don't flaunt them and it aggravates me lol. Be a little gloating once in a while. Get out there and whoop it up.

EDIT: And like I said Eternal. If they move forward on this WCS idea than the point system would be the perfect way for people to earn levels in game who aren't as well equipped as others. They are active in the community and allow themselves time to enjoy peoples company while gaining exp/levels ingame. Making it more enjoyable for everyone. Obviously the exp/levels won't be a drastic amount. Maybe depending on the content of the post you get a specific amount of exp or perks. Such as tutorial threads and assistance to users gaining significant more exp than "dude your dumb" posts. The judge of the awarded exp would have to be active and willing to engage with people to get their perspective. It's all about engaging people. Because if you don't you lose their attention.

I never said the posts bored me, if anything most of them are enjoyable to read. I don't see how giving people the opportunity to spam our forums with useless junk in order to receive a "point", would be worth it. We'd have to be constantly deleting idiotic posts. I also don't see how not going for the whole point system, really says we're choosing to not engage with people or our members. We are doing well as a community. We're only in this dry area, because more important things have come up for people.

Quote:...WCS idea than the point system would be the perfect way for people to earn levels in game...

If people got levels/EXP for posting, that doesn't seem like it would work as good as you think it would. People would just easily abuse that, whether the reward would be automatically or manually given to the player. Plus, why not level up the way it was intended too, by playing the game? If people love the server and it's occupiers, then they will come onto the forum, as they have done, and still do. o_O If you reward people with levels/EXP for posting, they will just register, do this here and there, then leave.
(° ‿ ° ✿)

It appears the recent posts box has gone MIA. Can this be returned?
Anubis, post: 75482, member: 626 Wrote:It appears the recent posts box has gone MIA. Can this be returned?

Whether or not it was intentional, it's now located under the "Home" tab on the right.
(° ‿ ° ✿)