Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do you have a Gamer's brain?
[Image: 2s7te8y.jpg]

I think I need to work on my memory and movement-related actions more often.
be the best version of yourself, that's all you can do.
LEEEEEEEEEEEEEROY JENKINS!
Steam Wrote: 4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: was out
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: bison, dude
4:02 PM - Brawl Bashin’ Bison: ???
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: you're very rude towards alina
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: how about unbanning her friend?
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: I mean
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: it's only gamebanana skins
4:02 PM - Brawl Bashin’ Bison: LOL
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: ^^
4:02 PM - Brawl Bashin’ Bison: LOLOL
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: lol
"Know it all' Paul to the rescue.
Oversimplified and kinda inaccurate. Realistically, you'd be using all of the lobes for each of those described tasks. For instance: To perceive and react to an enemy player, your eyes would receive the light rays from the computer screen, which would then be transmitted to and processed by the occipital lobe. And subsequently, your parietal lobe would be determining the dimensions and location of the enemy, relative to other objects. Meanwhile your temporal lobe would be assigning the verbal label of "enemy" to the well, enemy, and combining relevant sounds to the visual information associated with the "enemy" (e.g. footsteps, gunshot noises). And your frontal lobe would be deciding where to shoot the "enemy", and assigning other relevant judgements to the situation (such as "start/stop shooting", "burst or spray"). Also, your frontal lobe would be controlling the manual movement of the muscles in your arm as you control the mouse/keyboard, and your cerebellum would help with coordinating those physical movements.
[Image: 2ntzjn7.png]
silly (no sound): you need to learn
Zero: i taught you
silly (no sound): how to be cool like me
Zero: you knifed me when i retired
silly (no sound): I have hopes for you
silly (no sound): to be my apprentice
silly (no sound): my prodigy
silly (no sound): to carry on my legacy
silly (no sound): good luck padawan
silly (no sound): may the force be with you
Zero: lol
Zero: why you make it sound that you are never coming back alive master?
Zero: Tongue
silly (no sound): I will
silly (no sound): when you're ready
silly (no sound): to show me what you've learnt
silly (no sound): when you're a jedi
Yeah, of course, simplified is the word.

But they list the most important parts for specific functions. You could make a comparison with muscle use.
For example: if you lift something off the ground (basically a deadlift), the most important muscle groups are those in your lower back, upper legs and to a lesser extent those in your arms. But that doesn't mean they're the only muscles you use meanwhile. There's so, so many other muscles that flex in the process. It's just that the first three muscle groups are the most important ones in that activity.

Who's Paul by the way?
Most of the examples that are given aren't correct. Also, the brain needs all of the lobes to do many tasks. I think that only one, or perhaps two of the "gamer functions" are specialized enough to have a most "important" lobe of the brain.

For instance: The occipital lobe alone would only allow you to perceive an image, without being able to know what the image even is, where it is, what it's related to. You wouldn't be able to even react to it. So by itself, it doesn't have any really have anything to do with "getting a headshot", it's more relevant to "seeing an indescribable and incomprehensible image".

With the cerebellum alone, you wouldn't even be able to push a button, decide to push it, know what it looks like, or know what it is. And the frontal lobe has more to do with manual bodily movement than the cerebellum.

In reading these sentences you would need the occipital lobe for perceiving the raw images, the temporal lobe for being able to combine the letters into words and then into sentences, and for even being able to comprehend the words. The frontal lobe for making judgements about them and for controlling your eyes. And so on.

The parietal lobe's so called "gamer function" is much more relevant to the frontal lobe.

The frontal lobe's "gamer function" is on the ball though. And the temporal lobe's is pretty close.

Paul's the "know it all". I just made him up :p
[Image: 2ntzjn7.png]
silly (no sound): you need to learn
Zero: i taught you
silly (no sound): how to be cool like me
Zero: you knifed me when i retired
silly (no sound): I have hopes for you
silly (no sound): to be my apprentice
silly (no sound): my prodigy
silly (no sound): to carry on my legacy
silly (no sound): good luck padawan
silly (no sound): may the force be with you
Zero: lol
Zero: why you make it sound that you are never coming back alive master?
Zero: Tongue
silly (no sound): I will
silly (no sound): when you're ready
silly (no sound): to show me what you've learnt
silly (no sound): when you're a jedi
wat is dis