Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just remove !Block from MG
I don't see him pointing out to any good reason for using !block. If anyone could give me a solid reason why !block is good: SHOOT!
[Image: 612953_101.png]
I'm assuming by reason you're asking for: any area, on any current mg map, where !block can have a legitimate rule-abiding purpose or use on the server.

I do not regularly play on the MG server. In fact, I probably haven't even played the majority of maps on the server. I can, however, point out a potential 'reason' with relative ease. I will point out that relatively all objects in mg_lego_builder_v1 are setup in a manner perfect for boosting. Almost every single instance of boosting onto these objects would be acceptable. These very same objects can even be gotten onto without block by jumping off the yellow towers.

Furthermore, here's a few things to think about:
  1. The default behavior of CS:S is to disallow player collisions (blocking is default).
  2. A CS:S server cannot allow player collisions (noblock) without an unofficial nonstandard 3rd party plugin.
  3. The author of mg_lego_builder_v1 made no mention of noblock. Therefore, the default behavior of blocking is assumed correct, unless contradicted in some way, such as:
    • The default spawns are stacked on top of each other. (they aren't)
    • The default spawns are so tightly packed, players are closed in and cannot move without others getting out of their way. (they aren't)
    • There's a way for players to get stuck inside each other. (there isn't)
    • The server rules prohibit it. (we don't prohibit blocking on this map, with exception to the patched spawn exploit.)
      -- Take the example of a standard map like de_nuke. That map has some unacceptable boosting areas "exploits" which will get you banned from most servers and leagues.
    • The default behavior of blocking contradicts with or is not suited for the current objective. (blocking on this map is mostly* acceptable)
      *The spawn does have an issue which potentially conflicts with what's accepted and acceptable, but it could very well be a bug or even a feature envisioned by the author.
To reiterate, blocking isn't always acceptable (even when it was desired by the maps author). The server rules overrule everything, regardless of whether it's possible or intended by the maps author. There are occasional valid and invalid uses for block. Players should use common sense and their discretion before attempting to boost onto something. If you have any reason to believe something isn't fair or permitted then clarify with an admin before doing it. If you don't, you're risking admin retaliation. Don't be surprised and complain when it does happen. Your complaining will be shrugged off. Rolleyes
Steam Wrote: 4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: was out
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: bison, dude
4:02 PM - Brawl Bashin’ Bison: ???
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: you're very rude towards alina
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: how about unbanning her friend?
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: I mean
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: it's only gamebanana skins
4:02 PM - Brawl Bashin’ Bison: LOL
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: ^^
4:02 PM - Brawl Bashin’ Bison: LOLOL
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: lol
Good Post Bison,

I don't play MG myself either much, but have tried to be on the past few days to see where it may be utilized, but seems like nobody really uses it. I saw someone yesterday try to use it to jump over the battle arena so it wasnt a fair fight but he never did it.

Either way I really dont care if its on or not, but what I have seen is it is kinda pointless, but then again I will never play all these maps on the server so I will not know haha.

just like you, I don't play MG much, but it is a good way to relax and not care.
[Image: 456710_101.png]
Thanks for clarifying Bison! I understand default behavior of CS:S and the legitimate purposes for block.
I understand server rules and will always follow them, but communities will always suffer from people lacking of common sense. I don't mind with people using block in valid way, but from my experience as a regular MG player it is mostly invalid use. I have several admins in my friends list and I will always clarify certain situations with admins as you desire Smile! Like everybody I'm trying to reason and help out this community to keep it fun for everybody.
Fuzzy Joggie Pony, post: 78080, member: 15273 Wrote:Thanks for clarifying Bison! I understand default behavior of CS:S and the legitimate purposes for block.
I understand server rules and will always follow them, but communities will always suffer from people lacking of common sense. I don't mind with people using block in valid way, but from my experience as a regular MG player it is mostly invalid use. I have several admins in my friends list and I will always clarify certain situations with admins as you desire Smile! Like everybody I'm trying to reason and help out this community to keep it fun for everybody.

Would appreciate that as I know you are always on there.
[Image: 456710_101.png]
M. Bison, post: 78052, member: 359 Wrote:I'm assuming by reason you're asking for: any area, on any current mg map, where !block can have a legitimate rule-abiding purpose or use on the server.

I do not regularly play on the MG server. In fact, I probably haven't even played the majority of maps on the server. I can, however, point out a potential 'reason' with relative ease. I will point out that relatively all objects in mg_lego_builder_v1 are setup in a manner perfect for boosting. Almost every single instance of boosting onto these objects would be acceptable. These very same objects can even be gotten onto without block by jumping off the yellow towers.

Furthermore, here's a few things to think about:
  1. The default behavior of CS:S is to disallow player collisions (blocking is default).
  2. A CS:S server cannot allow player collisions (noblock) without an unofficial nonstandard 3rd party plugin.
  3. The author of mg_lego_builder_v1 made no mention of noblock. Therefore, the default behavior of blocking is assumed correct, unless contradicted in some way, such as:
    • The default spawns are stacked on top of each other. (they aren't)
    • The default spawns are so tightly packed, players are closed in and cannot move without others getting out of their way. (they aren't)
    • There's a way for players to get stuck inside each other. (there isn't)
    • The server rules prohibit it. (we don't prohibit blocking on this map, with exception to the patched spawn exploit.)
      -- Take the example of a standard map like de_nuke. That map has some unacceptable boosting areas "exploits" which will get you banned from most servers and leagues.
    • The default behavior of blocking contradicts with or is not suited for the current objective. (blocking on this map is mostly* acceptable)
      *The spawn does have an issue which potentially conflicts with what's accepted and acceptable, but it could very well be a bug or even a feature envisioned by the author.
To reiterate, blocking isn't always acceptable (even when it was desired by the maps author). The server rules overrule everything, regardless of whether it's possible or intended by the maps author. There are occasional valid and invalid uses for block. Players should use common sense and their discretion before attempting to boost onto something. If you have any reason to believe something isn't fair or permitted then clarify with an admin before doing it. If you don't, you're risking admin retaliation. Don't be surprised and complain when it does happen. Your complaining will be shrugged off. Rolleyes
TL/DR
"I am become death, the destroyer of worlds." - Bhagavad-Gita

"There is nothing more devastating than the thought of death. Of complete nothingness. To lose to what you believe your true nature being. Immortality." - James

"True depression comes from ignorance and stupidity. True happiness comes from stupidity and ignorance. Contention comes from a deeper understanding of true nature and the ways in which we try to defy it." - James (So tell me, are you depressed, happy, or content?)

Please click on the banner below and vote for the wL community minecraft server!!

[Image: minecraftbanner22053463.jpg]
James`, post: 78082, member: 15260 Wrote:TL/DR
tl;dr james a fgt.
[Image: 519966_101.png]
[Image: 541034_101.png]
James`, post: 78082, member: 15260 Wrote:TL/DR
James, if it doesn't catch any of your interest, plz don't post crap like that. And it's meant in a friendly way Wink!
Fuzzy Joggie Pony, post: 78107, member: 15273 Wrote:James, if it doesn't catch any of your interest, plz don't post crap like that. And it's meant in a friendly way Wink!

TL/DR
PPL R RTURDS
[Image: 1UH9a8H.png]

[Image: 5pfuEDP.gif]