Poll: What should be done about the awp in dust 2 DM? Show Results
Nothing, it's fine the way it is
14 63.64%
Completely remove it
3 13.64%
Have it spawn on the ground somewhere so the players have to go find it
1 4.55%
Leave it in the menu, but don't allow the player to use it every single time they spawn
2 9.09%
Not sure, but it should be changed in some way
2 9.09%
Total 22 vote(s) 100%
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
dust2 deathmatch awp
Lieutenant Josh, post: 79532, member: 946 Wrote:For once its Bromix giving the intelligent response, thanks dude, you're officially cool again in my book.

Um yeah, one, im pretty sure Number9 is just another baddie who doesn't seem to get how to kill campers, and of course wants to make the Dm server to his advantage because he simply lacks the skills to kill awpers. Uh oh wait, maybe if you were regulars(excluding tomix and Riser) you'd realize that most of the Dm players are utter total shit!! Have you seen the top 50 players sheet, theres only 4 people with 2.00 or higher kdp out of the top 50(riser only uses a deagle mostly so i understand his case, and sakuya's for that matter), at least i managed to increase mine from 1.64 to 1.77. Now Dk, if you are as good as we all like to believe, you wouldn't have to complain about this either, cuz we all know you can't kill awper campers in Dm where virtually everything goes(i can understand how its very gay in scrims). Personally i think its hilarious to pop my head above the crates and awp someone thru the face because they're too stupid to think "Omg theres a camper behind that box directly in front of me" At least Riser has the skill to 1 deag me, and also expect some of my camping spots and not be a total retard like the other 90% of players as to rush headfirst at me, tomix too. They both know how mad iv'e gotten at them for killing me. As for the rest of you, observe a little more, maybe if you watched me a little you'd know exactly how i camp and be able to kill me. Yeah poping yourself thru the hole in the wall in B site is really skillful, i.e I expect the fuck out of that spot cuz its perfect to kill campers from, so people rage when they get cute and try to go thru that hole only to find my awp ready to pound one thru them.
One, Tomix and Riser are in the right and i respect their opinions, they're regular players and have great skill. This Number9 guy, i don't know who he is, or where the fuck he came from, but he seems pretty mad to bring up a subject that got debated some months ago, and a majority of players agreed that there should be an awp, on. Dk i don't know about you bro, i really dont know. Now if matt or Bison find anything wrong with the awp, they can do something, because umm they run this place and do all the technical work that allows players to play on a server(the only U.S nonsteam CSS server(s) btw). You don't like it, Make Like Silly(the aussie guy) and Gtfo the guy had 2.98 kdp, and he left totally because he found something wrong with our servers and at least he stuck to his word, like a Man,and hasn't come back since.
Summarize the crap please.
[Image: 1UH9a8H.png]

[Image: 5pfuEDP.gif]
DK, post: 79538, member: 3039 Wrote:Summarize the crap please.
He combined all his posts in this thread to make just one.
[Image: 1qs5g7.png]
Tomix <3 ♥Madelaine♥, post: 79520, member: 4756' Wrote:Yang is right, is not that hard to kill an awper if you know how to counter them. If you make them fail their first shot then you're in an advantage. There is a ton of ways to kill them just think more and you'll see.

Nobody is saying it's impossible to kill them or anything, but it does have an undeniable advantage.
Actually I like to use pistols dualies/deagle and rifles ak/m4 when im in the server, but it gets frustrating sometimes when almost every single player in the server start using awps so I get forced to awp then other players start swearing at me and other awpers sometimes they even leave the server thats some what annoying. I honestly dont wish to for this to continue maybe something can be done, like limit the awps.
I can see a compromise Awp ratio or like #of Players/2= total number of Awps in total. so 15 players, 8 awps 4 per team. 20 players, 10 awps, 5 per team, 16 players 8 awps 4 per team, 18 players still 8 awps 4 per team.
basically 10-20 players 3-5 awps per team(10,11,12 being 3 awps, 13-18, 4 awps, 19,20, 5 awps) 20-30 Players 5-7 awps per team.
"Ignorance is Bliss"- Sima Yi from DW6
Or just remove them all I dont like awps anymore too annoying Big Grin
Also like riser said anti camping plugin would help especially for those cts that camp t spawn awping DD long.
The votes say otherwise Zero, i think an awp limit though might be good, it'll get all these annoying can't aim for shit awpers out of my spots and not block me anymore.
"Ignorance is Bliss"- Sima Yi from DW6
number9, post: 79582, member: 15077 Wrote:Nobody is saying it's impossible to kill them or anything, but it does have an undeniable advantage.
If a CT is watching Long A and you know he is aiming at the door with his 1 shot kill. What can you do? First, you know they are pretty weak in close range and may switch to deagle if they are aware that their weapon or skill may fail in it. Now, to make them fail their shots throw a grenade near the door and once the grenade has exploded you can start trying to bhop or to strafe jump. Then it's all about trying to get near him to spam your gun.

number9, post: 79497, member: 15077 Wrote:I mean can you name one gun that's undeniably better than the awp?
Every gun has it's own weakness. You only need to know their strengths and how to counter their weakness. Yes I'm aware that the 1 shot kill is pretty great advantage, but that doesn't mean it is better than all. If you have played well long to know that the AWP has one of the most slowest units per second, time between shots can fail when multiple enemies are rushing.
[Image: 1qs5g7.png]
I agree with Tomix's points.

I think the main reason everybody awps is they cant really free roam the map. Anytime you venture outside of t/ct spawn, theres like a 80% chance the person you just killed is going to spawn right behind you, or in front of you with spawn protection.

Spawn protection and spawn points need to be balanced before a balancing of weapons is to be adjusted.
DK, post: 79443, member: 3039 Wrote:^You just mad because you only camp with an awp at B site or pit. If you want to increase your KDR (as you told me in-game) get an AK+Deag and stop being a faggot and go for people. I hate people who makes DM like a pub. By that I mean, camping like if it was in a pub, that is just retarded.

YES, please decrease the number up to 5 AWPs per team or completely remove it.

god damn , I was hoping someone would bring this up so that josh doesnt fell like i "hate " him . I over the past two weeks have seen you nailed behind the boxes at B and in the pit camping . I see nothing wrong with what you are doing , but lets be honest , that aint awping . And for the "Awping" you do , you have no credibility or ability to say other awpers are shit cos atleast they play all around the map . just my two cents

And PS : your overall kdr on d2 dm is 1.16 .
http://wls.gameme.com/playerinfo/180811
[Image: 21abvjs.png]