Poll: What should be done about the awp in dust 2 DM? Show Results
Nothing, it's fine the way it is
14 63.64%
Completely remove it
3 13.64%
Have it spawn on the ground somewhere so the players have to go find it
1 4.55%
Leave it in the menu, but don't allow the player to use it every single time they spawn
2 9.09%
Not sure, but it should be changed in some way
2 9.09%
Total 22 vote(s) 100%
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
dust2 deathmatch awp
A gun that you can freely select and get as many times as you want, is easy to use, can kill anyone in one hit, from any distance on the map. Would anyone even bother trying to argue that this is fair in some way? I would guess that the awp is responsible for about 40-50% of all dust 2 DM kills at the moment. The game has so much more depth when everyone is running around using a variety of weapons, M4s, AKs, the scout, SMGs, etc.

Perhaps the solution is not to get rid of it completely, but to make it not so freely available. I really liked when the evil deagle was in the server, perhaps the awp could spawn at those locations, or a variation of those locations now that there are different spawn points.

Or maybe it could be selectable in the menu, but the player has to either get a certain number of kills, or die a certain number of times before they can use it again.
First time around people complained about no awp, than they complained about spawns being unfair, and you know what, the spawns are still unfair. The only way i've been able to play so well is cuz i camp with the awp and block the tunnel to B entrance that most of the cts like rushing in from, and the long A door where likewise cts like rushing in from.
"Ignorance is Bliss"- Sima Yi from DW6
Sure. It allows you to win. But anyone can do it, and it ruins the game for other people. So what's the point in having it? The goal of the server should be to create a fun place to DM. Not to provide butthurt noobs a place to get their KD up in the only way they can; awping people who don't necessarily want to awp all the time.

It's undeniable that the game is much deeper with the other weapons, otherwise, most servers (not just limited to WL servers) would not have a 1 awp / 1 autosniper rule. Thus, by allowing anyone to freely get an awp, the depth of the game is indeed greatly reduced. I can't believe anyone would even try to argue with this, or try to turn it around in to a good thing somehow.
Most people use dms for tune-up . I see no problem leaving the awps the way they are.
[Image: 21abvjs.png]
But again, most servers have a 1 awp rule... Not all of those people that awp in DM are going to go on and buy the awp in a main game server. And I mean, it's not like it would be horrible for someone who does want to warm up with the awp to have to go pick it up, and / or have to not die in order to have the right to continue using it. This would be a very minor problem for a very small amount of people.

Double post

I actually just thought of something which might be a solution for most people. What if you had to go pick up the awp, but it was in a spot that wasn't too obvious and was challenging for noobs to get? Such as on top of the double crates in B? That would be T's awp, and maybe CT's spawn near B could be moved to the standard T spawn, and their awp could also be on the nearby double crates. Neither of these would be too easily visible and each require a crouch jump.

I feel like this would also solve the bad spawn problem (at least partially), because CT is kind of fucked with their spawn near B - especially the one that's closer to the door. I feel like it's the only truly bad spawn, because any CT that spawns with an SMG in that spot is pretty much screwed from every direction; it severely limits their options, puts them in a place nobody really goes, and pretty much forces them to use a long range weapon. T's B spawn is pretty awesome, I don't think anyone would disagree unless they're breaking away from the system of 2 spawns for each team. CT's A bombsite spawn is also awesome because it gives them the option to go catwalk, through standard CT spawn, or long A. T's long A spawn is kind of eh, but I mean where else are you going to put it?
I was trying to get a plugin called awp vending machine, which dispenses awps when you hit enter, but the plugin is unfortunately private.
HAH, Anyone can awp, what a joke.

You know how many of the players that use the awp in the dm are utter total shit!!
The only people iv'e seen do really well with it are Players like Dont Mind me, Tomix, Luan, but the list is pretty small. At best the ones i encounter on a daily basis are only half decent at best, because if they were good, i wouldn't be able to rush right at them with a p90, and they wouldn't get flanked so easily at Bombsite A.
The spawns are fine, though weird for most new people, but fine, both spawns give the ts the advantage to camp/block any cts that rush in, and only when like 6 cts rush in does it cause problems, but then again, the spawn protection covers for it.

Ive seen the guns break before, like the whole floor being litered with guns i kinda want to avoid that again if you want the awp to be like a unique findable weapon. We had a one shot(evil deagle) like this, which spawned randomly around the map, but it broke i think.
^You just mad because you only camp with an awp at B site or pit. If you want to increase your KDR (as you told me in-game) get an AK+Deag and stop being a faggot and go for people. I hate people who makes DM like a pub. By that I mean, camping like if it was in a pub, that is just retarded.

YES, please decrease the number up to 5 AWPs per team or completely remove it.
[Image: 1UH9a8H.png]

[Image: 5pfuEDP.gif]
Dk, umm yah, you don't even play so um your opinion doesn't really have any weight okay.
Considering how many people whined the first time around about no awp, and than how many people now are crying about the awp, its just pathetic.
Bottom line keep the awp, and quit crying cuz your bad.
Lieutenant Josh, post: 79455, member: 946 Wrote:Dk, umm yah, you don't even play so um your opinion doesn't really have any weight okay.
Considering how many people whined the first time around about no awp, and than how many people now are crying about the awp, its just pathetic.
Bottom line keep the awp, and quit crying cuz your bad, oh and FYI dk, my Kdr kick's your's ass.
Did you wake up or still dreaming?
[Image: 1UH9a8H.png]

[Image: 5pfuEDP.gif]