Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Resolved  KingKong
Server: Pop Maps 2
Evidence: http://www.mediafire.com/?g2l2yu22z59zli0

Dude was lag teleporting all over the place. It made him incredibly hard to hit, especially when sniping. He'd also just suddenly appear coming around corners or kill you when you're well behind a wall once his avatar updated.

I asked him to fix his rates several times, but he didn't respond. It was bad enough I felt it warranted demoing.

Also, notice the amount of mic chatter in the demos (when I'm not spec). The server has been getting very noisy lately with up to 5 people all talking at once. I dunno what all can be done except to mute people or disable voice. It's rather inconvenient to do so though, especially when I want to hear relevant commands.

Maybe the votemute option can be set to a reasonable percentage of people? It seems a lot of the non-steamers don't speak English and never do the votes. :|
[Image: stalker_2011.png]
I don't think we can do anything other than kicking him if we see him lag excessively. There's no policy that states that excessive lag will result in a ban, especially when an admin is not present at the time. The only time a ban is used, and usually it's a 5-30 minute ban, is if an excessively laggy player keeps attempting to rejoin after being kicked.

We also can't really do anything with mic chatter as long as the players in question are not mic spamming. Even if it's several people talking at once, it's still legitimate use of mic as long as it is not spamming. Unfortunately, if you don't like it, you'll just have to mute them manually.
[Image: 191457_101.png]