Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lag.... And what effects it's speed.
LAG: Is defined as a noticeable delay between the action of players and the reaction of the server. Although lag may be caused by high [U]latency[/U], it may also occur due to insufficient processing power in the server. (which is hardly the case when it comes to warlords servers)

The thing we believe to be the problem of lag.

Ping: A utility to determine whether a specific IP address is accessible. It works by sending a packet to the specified address and waiting for a reply. PING is used primarily to troubleshoot Internet connections.

2 basic elements that are actually the problems of lag.

Latency: The amount of time it takes a packet of data to travel from source to destination.

Bandwidth: The amount of data that can be transmitted in a fixed amount of time.

Together, latency and bandwidth define the speed and capacity of a network.

The Do Nothing Strategy.
For hit detection in first-person shooters this means leading one's target, aiming at the position where it will be by the time the shot reaches the server. With variable latency this may be frustrating even under ideal conditions; with higher latency and random player movement it can make playing virtually impossible.

Client Side Strategy.
Two basic methods, Extrapolation and Interpolation. Google'm bitch.
"I am become death, the destroyer of worlds." - Bhagavad-Gita

"There is nothing more devastating than the thought of death. Of complete nothingness. To lose to what you believe your true nature being. Immortality." - James

"True depression comes from ignorance and stupidity. True happiness comes from stupidity and ignorance. Contention comes from a deeper understanding of true nature and the ways in which we try to defy it." - James (So tell me, are you depressed, happy, or content?)

Please click on the banner below and vote for the wL community minecraft server!!

[Image: minecraftbanner22053463.jpg]
James you're on to something. If this becomes beneficial and clear, I'd propose it to be stickied for future references.

ps: I pity the color-blind people who won't get to see the effects of your artwork.
be the best version of yourself, that's all you can do.
Thanks spart. I was honestly just doing it to shut those kids up who keep complaining about ping when that isn't the cause of someone's lag. If you'd like for me to go more in depth on something let me know.

"There is nothing more devastating than the thought of death. Of complete nothingness. To lose to what you believe your true nature being. Immortality." - James

"True depression comes from ignorance and stupidity. True happiness comes from stupidity and ignorance. Contention comes from a deeper understanding of true nature and the ways in which we try to defy it." - James (So tell me, are you depressed, happy, or content?)

Please click on the banner below and vote for the wL community minecraft server!!

Me and my Friend Wiawyr had discussed this in the Dm, that is, before he got bored of owning everyone with 3.00 kdp and left.
I just don't like the fact that you can set your rates to make your serverside latency say 5!!
"Ignorance is Bliss"- Sima Yi from DW6
Didn't I make a post about this?

Quote:Clients cannot lag servers with their ping. It is impossible. They can lag servers by doing weird things with mods, physics props, and other things that cause the server to start processing more things than usual. Think about it. How could a person who purposely downloads less from a server cause the server to lag? All it does is gives them bad hit registry and gives others bad hit registry on that player.
pTK Wrote:Never a cheater, but could be a cheater, Once a cheater, less likely legiter. Ruplayer you bitter, You gotta admit everyone's a commiter.
FenKeN, post: 80579, member: 1546 Wrote:Didn't I make a post about this?
I knew Rival did. I don't remember seeing yours.
be the best version of yourself, that's all you can do.
FenKeN, post: 80579, member: 1546 Wrote:Didn't I make a post about this?
Your opinion don't matter cause you been banned before yo.

Spartacus, post: 80581, member: 1060 Wrote:I knew Rival did. I don't remember seeing yours.
man i wish rival was back with all his posts and agument with Techn9ne
~The lonely Stoner seems to free his mind at night~
James`, post: 80585, member: 15260 Wrote:Your opinion don't matter cause you been banned before yo.
Your intelligence is just shining right here. Fenk has been around longer than you've been alive.
[Image: 432818_101.png]
Aimfish, post: 80594, member: 8312 Wrote:Your intelligence is just shining right here. Fenk has been around longer than you've been alive.
LOL Me and fenken go WAY back kid. It was a joke. If you actually looked at any other post I have made you would notice the difference between when I am kidding and when I am being serious. Do you see fenken ragin? No, yah don't. Cause he knows I'm kidding. If you got a problem with me there's a flames section.