• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Current Rig - Any suggestions? *No trolling*
Processor: Intel Core2 Quad CPU Q9550 @ 2.83GHz 2.67 GHz
Memory: 4Gb (3.25 GB usable)
Hard Drive: 53.9 GB Free of 149 GB
Video Memory: 1024 MG GDDR
Video Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 285
"I am become death, the destroyer of worlds." - Bhagavad-Gita

"There is nothing more devastating than the thought of death. Of complete nothingness. To lose to what you believe your true nature being. Immortality." - James

"True depression comes from ignorance and stupidity. True happiness comes from stupidity and ignorance. Contention comes from a deeper understanding of true nature and the ways in which we try to defy it." - James (So tell me, are you depressed, happy, or content?)

Please click on the banner below and vote for the wL community minecraft server!!

[Image: minecraftbanner22053463.jpg]
Thats a desktop??
I have 64 bit windows professional, with a similar amount of memory (3GB, 2.75 useable) 3.00 Ghz speed, but i have a hard drive thats like 750 GB total space.
If you aren't one of those people who can break apart a computer and replace its parts to make it better, might i suggest one of the latest AMD processors. Mine is about a year old now, and it still runs mostly anything made before 2010 with ease(games that is). A year ago the whole computer only cost me about 800 U.S dollars so, its not that expensive IMO.( i consider computers that are 2 Grand to be expensive.)
"Ignorance is Bliss"- Sima Yi from DW6
Once I get out of basic I will be reconstructing the entire build of the desktop.

"There is nothing more devastating than the thought of death. Of complete nothingness. To lose to what you believe your true nature being. Immortality." - James

"True depression comes from ignorance and stupidity. True happiness comes from stupidity and ignorance. Contention comes from a deeper understanding of true nature and the ways in which we try to defy it." - James (So tell me, are you depressed, happy, or content?)

Please click on the banner below and vote for the wL community minecraft server!!

Ah, well constructing Comps isn't in my knowledge, though there are members here who are very knowledgeable on the computer building subject.
"Ignorance is Bliss"- Sima Yi from DW6
I'd give a suggestion: GET A NEW COMPUTER!
Even if you get a new card (nvidia600 series or amd7000 series), your whole rig will bottleneck the card.
LOL 149GB OF HARD DRIVE!
pTK Wrote:Never a cheater, but could be a cheater, Once a cheater, less likely legiter. Ruplayer you bitter, You gotta admit everyone's a commiter.
Instead of changing something now, I'd recommend you build a new setup. Also, even if you change something now, what's the budget.

Well, these aren't some bad rigs:

What about a $400 build?

[video=youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=DG6s_iWae7A[/video]

$500?

[video=youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=MFJ-sGb54ck[/video]

$750?

[video=youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=K33ZpYq7n_8[/video]

$1000

[video=youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=pKq7SuRzVzk[/video]

$1500?

[video=youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=JIPtENTK7oo[/video]
[Image: 1UH9a8H.png]

[Image: 5pfuEDP.gif]
I don't need a large storage capacity in the slightest. I am going for quality not quantity. I want a rig that can take on a fucking force to be reckoned with. At the moment I can currently run about 2 to 3 games at once but I want the performance boosted. Those games are like grinders. Games you don't actually have to play but can afk and get shit. Take tf2 for example. You afk in the game but want to play something else. I can play tf2 and league of legends not having any issue. I need more POWAR!!!!

James`, post: 80770, member: 15260 Wrote:I don't need a large storage capacity in the slightest. I am going for quality not quantity. I want a rig that can take on a fucking force to be reckoned with. At the moment I can currently run about 2 to 3 games at once but I want the performance boosted. Those games are like grinders. Games you don't actually have to play but can afk and get shit. Take tf2 for example. You afk in the game but want to play something else. I can play tf2 and league of legends not having any issue. I need more POWAR!!!!
Why have two games + opened the same time? It's just dumb IMO. Get yourself a SSD then, it takes me 10 secs to load CS:S and get all my settings up. CS:GO doesn't take more than 5 secs...
[Image: 1UH9a8H.png]

[Image: 5pfuEDP.gif]
a 64bit version of windows will get u a lot better performance all around and will also allow you to utilize a memory upgrade. Also.. shooters dont rely so much on hard drive speed, but since an HDD is by far the slowest thing in your computer and is a bottleneck for almost all other tasks (especially before anything gets loaded into memory), an SSD will do you wonders. If that is an HDD (u didnt specify) and its only 150gb then that tells me its either a dinosaur or a Velociraptor (no pun intended Smile), either way it needs to make room for an SSD as ur main drive. Even shitty budget SSDs will blow it out of the water. If u do go that route then u cant lose with an Intel or Samsung SSD for the best balance of reliability, performance and warranty. Other than that, if ur looking for FPS performance then video card is the only thing left.
[Image: tumblr_m8wz8pZhho1qe7ttxo1_500.jpg]