Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Resolved  sv_pure 0
well, the topic is self explanatory

all the servers currently have the sv_pure 0 config which means anyidiot can use transparent textures!

its an undetectable official hack, the user will neverbe vac banned for that

solution: use sv_pure 1 with the correct configurations
We run SMAC Anti-Wallhack on all servers. Players cease to exist when they go behind doors/walls. They begin to exist again when they're about to go back into view.

Transparent walls will offer minimal advantage at best. That's a horrible trade-off when considering the threat of permanent ban.

-----------

The following demo should demonstrate: http://fastdl.mattkv.net/hacker_demos/an...k_test.zip

Input into console: sv_cheats 1;r_drawothermodels 2

Note: Once a player is visible, it takes them ~1 second to disappear again.
Steam Wrote: 4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: was out
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: bison, dude
4:02 PM - Brawl Bashin’ Bison: ???
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: you're very rude towards alina
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: how about unbanning her friend?
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: I mean
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: it's only gamebanana skins
4:02 PM - Brawl Bashin’ Bison: LOL
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: ^^
4:02 PM - Brawl Bashin’ Bison: LOLOL
4:02 PM - George, of the jungle: lol
even if there is some optimization, there is no drawback in setting the sv_pure 1... and still removes some cheaters
We've enforced sv_pure in the past and got many complaints. There are issues with sv_pure which affect people who don't use any modified models. Additionally, some people do use legitimate modified models (call of duty, etc).

I've watched wallers who relied heavily on their cheat, only to later rage quit. They didn't check corners and regularly ran past people camping. That made them really angry.

I suppose the ban screen on their next visit didn't help. Wink
every cheater is a player, and as that there are the goods and the bads.

a bad player with a cheat isnt going to do much, but a good player will have a great advantage...

and if the sv_pure is limited only to textures? still causes a problem? (my last post here Tongue)
uPantcho, post: 81027, member: 16512 Wrote:a bad player with a cheat isnt going to do much, but a good player will have a great advantage...
I don't think of cheating as a big problem. Lately, I've rarely spotted any cheaters, but I have regularly seen false accusations. People are too paranoid.

uPantcho, post: 81027, member: 16512 Wrote:and if the sv_pure is limited only to textures? still causes a problem? (my last post here :p)
Yes, the redownload problem still applies. If a player connects to a sv_pure 1/2 server and then a sv_pure 0 server, all files are redownloaded. That includes unmodified files they already have. The bug is extremely annoying.
uPantcho, post: 81027, member: 16512 Wrote:a bad player with a cheat isnt going to do much, but a good player will have a great advantage...
If you paid your taxes and I am on the server, you have nothing to worry about. Peace out.
[Image: jqmd52.png][Image: Craack.gif]
Pure1 causes a lot of problems with skins as Bison stated. I like to get away from the normal looking guns typically.
[Image: JokerSig.jpg]
joker8baller, post: 81031, member: 835 Wrote:Pure1 causes a lot of problems with skins as Bison stated. I like to get away from the normal looking guns typically.
ALWAYS KNEW YOU HACKED.
skins are for chetters like bison.
Is this thing on?

[Image: 11qid6d.jpg]